• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

ShowNewPrice

lalelunet

Hello!

The first of all excuse me for my very very poor english, (I'm spanish, ?where are you from??)

I have installed your contributions, I have followed all the steps but I have one error

In the small box "TOTAL" I always see "NaN.Na", and it never change

I read so this:

"You had to set the dezimal seperator to a dot (.) in your currency settings. Then everything should work fine....."

but I do this and it ever is wrong

very thanks!

Hello!

The first of all excuse me for my very very poor english, (I'm spanish, ?where are you from??)

I have installed your contributions, I have followed all the steps but I have one error

In the small box "TOTAL" I always see "NaN.Na", and it never change

I read so this:

"You had to set the dezimal seperator to a dot (.) in your currency settings. Then everything should work fine....."

but I do this and it ever is wrong

very thanks!

I think I found the mistake.

After the last upgrade from ShowNewPrice I forget the people that are using US-Dollar (and other currencies) in their shop.......

:rolleyes:

Please replace the following line in catalog/product_info.php

$tmp_price = preg_replace("/(.+\.\d{2,2})(.+)/","\\1",$tmp_price);

with this one.

$tmp_price = preg_replace("/[$]*(\d+\.\d+)(.*)/","\\1",$tmp_price);

This should hopefully fix the problem.

If your problem is fixed please send me a PM or a email to me so that I can upload a fix to oscommerce!!!!

Dont worry about your English. I am from Germany and my English is also bad......

Ask the members whose first language is English......

:lol:

Greetings Thomas

After the last upgrade from ShowNewPrice I forget the people that are using US-Dollar (and other currencies) in their shop.......

with this one.

If your problem is fixed please send me a PM or a email to me so that I can upload a fix to oscommerce!!!!

Dont worry about your English. I am from Germany and my English is also bad......

Make sure you change: $tmp_price = preg_replace("/[$]*(\d+\.\d+)(.*)/","\\1", in the hilfe.php file.

It now adds the options but does not add the main item price which could be caused by the other contributions I have added in the code.

Make sure you change: $products_price = preg_replace("/[$]*(\d+\.\d+)(.*)/","\\1",$products_price); in the hilfe.php file.

It now adds the options but does not display the "thousands" place (ie x.400.00). I would also like to be able to use the "," instead of the "." (decimal).

Please let me know what you find out. This is a great feature if we can get it working!

Thanks. Jeff.

Make sure you change: $products_price = preg_replace("/[$]*(\d+\.\d+)(.*)/","\\1",$products_price); in the hilfe.php file.

It now adds the options but does not display the "thousands" place (ie x.400.00). I would also like to be able to use the "," instead of the "." (decimal).

Please let me know what you find out. This is a great feature if we can get it working!

Thanks. Jeff.

I upload the version v 1.03

This lousy problem with the NAN.NA should be solved......

Now you can use the default currency settings from oscommerce.

A comma for the thousands and a dot for decimal (1,123.00)

Greetings Thomas

I upload the version v 1.03

This lousy problem with the NAN.NA should be solved......

Now you can use the default currency settings from oscommerce.

A comma for the thousands and a dot for decimal (1,123.00)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your update. I am still having a few issues (not sure if it your contribution or my cart):

1. It will only work when I remove the "comma" within the currency settings. If I leave the "comma" within the currency settings, I still get a NaN.Na error.

2. When it does work, the total cost is not transferred when I click on "Add to Cart".

Any suggestions? Does the total cost carry over for you?

Thanks. Jeff.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your update. I am still having a few issues (not sure if it your contribution or my cart):

1. It will only work when I remove the "comma" within the currency settings. If I leave the "comma" within the currency settings, I still get a NaN.Na error.

2. When it does work, the total cost is not transferred when I click on "Add to Cart".

Any suggestions? Does the total cost carry over for you?

Thanks. Jeff.

I test it again with a new shop.

All is working here.....

:(

I use the default currency settings: comma for thousands and a dot for decimal.

After adding to cart the price is taken over too.

I test it with euro and dollar. Even the conversation between dollar and euro is working in the shopping cart....

Here you can found a screenshot -> screenshot.png

As you can see I add one graphic-card to the shopping-cart and the price includes the options.

Take a look at your database. This hack works only with plus values (option xy: + 25.00)

In the table products_attributes the field price_prefix should have the plus value....

In the original database this field has no default value.

To make shure that a price_prefix is a plus value (if no value is defined at insertion) you can use this sql-order:

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` CHANGE `price_prefix` `price_prefix` CHAR( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '+'

Is anybody out there who can test the ShowNewPrice contribution too?

Greetings Thomas

Hello,

How can I add a $ in front of Total and is this work just with a dropdown menu? What about radio buttons? There is no Total if I use it with radio buttons.

Thanks,

Irina.

Edited by Irin

Hello again,

Thank you very much by its aid, now all works fine :D

It is a pleasure to see so effective people as you

To resolve my error I can to do two changes:

1. Replace in catalog/product_info.php

with this one.

2. In the catalog/hilfe.php file I change the $products_price by this:

$products_price = preg_replace("/[$]*(\d+\.\d+)(.*)/","\\1",$products_price);.

very many thanks

PS: Now I am tryingl that this change does it in I title of I articulate, if with himself dire, thanks again

Hello,

How can I add a $ in front of Total and is this work just with a dropdown menu? What about radio buttons? There is no Total if I use it with radio buttons.

Thanks,

Irina.

The dollar sign ($) in front of the total price is not possible. You can include it in front of the total field by just adding it in the echo order in hilfe.php

echo '<p align=center>TOTAL: $<input class=Feld type="text" name="OrderTotal" size="10"></p><br>';

I never see a shop with radio buttons.....

To do this you had to edit the function tep_draw_pull_down_menu_price_update

in the file catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

but in the moment I can not visualize how this should be working......

Greetings Thomas

The dollar sign ($) in front of the total price is not possible. You can include it in front of the total field by just adding it in the echo order in hilfe.php

echo '<p align=center>TOTAL: $<input class=Feld type="text" name="OrderTotal" size="10"></p><br>';

I never see a shop with radio buttons.....

To do this you had to edit the function tep_draw_pull_down_menu_price_update

in the file catalog/includes/functions/html_output.php

but in the moment I can not visualize how this should be working......

Thanks for your reply, lalelunet. Unfortunately, adding $ in front of the total is not gonna work for me, because I have some other currencies in my store, so it not always $. The radio buttons I was talking about, came from an additional contibution, don't remember which one though. I have dropdown menu, radio buttons, text, etc. options.

The problem I have now is, in my store I use both attributes with "-" as well as with "+" values. With "+" this contribution works fine but not with "-". Instead of subtracting from the total, it's adding more. Is it anyway I can stop it from adding where it not suppose to be added? May be just prevent this Total from showing up on this pages at all...

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Irina.

Thanks for your reply, lalelunet. Unfortunately, adding $ in front of the total is not gonna work for me, because I have some other currencies in my store, so it not always $. The radio buttons I was talking about, came from an additional contibution, don't remember which one though. I have dropdown menu, radio buttons, text, etc. options.

The problem I have now is, in my store I use both attributes with "-" as well as with "+" values. With "+" this contribution works fine but not with "-". Instead of subtracting from the total, it's adding more. Is it anyway I can stop it from adding where it not suppose to be added? May be just prevent this Total from showing up on this pages at all...

I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Irina.

To print out the currency symbol you can use this line

echo '<p align=center>TOTAL: '.$currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_left'].'<input class=Feld type="text" name="OrderTotal" size="10">'.$currencies->currencies[$currency]['symbol_right'].'</p><br>';

in your hilfe.php instead of

echo '<p align=center>TOTAL: <input class=Feld type="text" name="OrderTotal" size="10"></p><br>';

The SNP distribution works only with plus values.

To get it working with '-' is more than a little job. My free time is in the moment very rare so I am not able and (sorry) not interrested to do this.

The only way is to change the prices into plus values.

Product option 1 default +0

Product option 2 +1.00

Product option 3 +3.00

Product option 4 +5.00

Greetings Thomas

Hi Thomas,

i have now updated the contribution to Version 1.03 but i still get NaN.Na as result.

Decimal Seperator is "." and Thousand Seperator is ","

Do you have any suggestions?

Best Regards

Stefan

Can you send me your product_info.php, hilfe.php and brechner.js? Then I will take a look...

Is this a new installation from oscommerce or a already running shop with one or more changes(contributions)?

Do you have a link to this shop?

Greetings Thomas

Hey Thomas,

For starts I would like to thank you for this great contrib, it's just what I was looking for :D.

I got a couple of questions for you, is there a way to align the total box and text to the left just under the attribute menus? I also would like to make the TOTAL text bold and shrink the box to about 1/4 of the current size.

Thanks in advance!

So far I managed to shrink the size of the total box and to make the total price inside the box bold by modifying styless.css. I still need to align everything to the left and make the TOTAL text bold. It would be nice to shrink the font if I could as well.

Edited by WEB11

So far I managed to shrink the size of the total box and to make the total price inside the box bold by modifying styless.css. I still need to align everything to the left and make the TOTAL text bold. It would be nice to shrink the font if I could as well.

Just edit this line in hilfe.php

echo '<p align=center>TOTAL: <input class=Feld type="text" name="OrderTotal" size="10"></p><br>';

Here is a example:

echo '<p align=left><font size=-2>TOTAL:</font> <input class=Feld type="text" name="OrderTotal" size="10"></p><br>';

Greetings Thomas

Thanks for the tip!

Is there any chance of a future version that will account the negative price attributes? Sometimes we want to offer the more expensive options as default but let the costumer choose if he wants to downgrade.

• 4 weeks later...
So I got a new problem, I just installed STS and love it, but this mod stoped working :(. Is there anyone that mannaged to install this under STS? I dont wanna have to choose between this mod and STS. :o

For what's it worth, I just added it using STS, no prob (yet- fingers crossed)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having this problem as well, is there any chance you could check my files and ensure I did this correctly? I've tried it twice and had the same problem both times.

Thanks!

with this one.

• 4 months later...

Hi the ShowNewPrice contribution works great but only when the initial price of the product is less than $1000. When the inital price is higher I get the NaN.Na thing.

What can I do??

Thanks!

Hi the ShowNewPrice contribution works great but only when the initial price of the product is less than $1000. When the inital price is higher I get the NaN.Na thing.

What can I do??

Thanks!

I upload a new version from SNP (1.05)

This should fix your problem and the shop is able to display prices greater than 999.999.99

Greetings to Venezuela....

Greetings Thomas