• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Quantity Price Breaks Per Product

maria071

Hi,

How can I display productSpecialsPrice with "Quantity Price Breaks Per Product" on product_info.php? The specials price is displayed just in the PriceFormatter table but not at the top of product_info.php. I want the original price to display strike through and the special price to display in red. How can I do it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a very stupid question for those who installed this Contribution. before im attempting to add this to my site I read all the instructions prior and cant understand this step:

Modify the 'products' data table: (MySQL commands shown)

alter table products add column products_price1 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price2 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price3 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price4 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price1_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_price2_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_price3_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_price4_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_qty_blocks int not null default 1;

another read me file had the same info above but worded alittle differently

Use your favorite MySQL tool to add the following to the database:

alter table products add column products_price1 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price2 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price3 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price4 decimal(15,4) not null default 0.0;

alter table products add column products_price1_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_price2_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_price3_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_price4_qty int not null default 0;

alter table products add column products_qty_blocks int not null default 1;

my current webhost provider doesnt have a phpadmin control panel program so I only have access to the server through FTP. am I able to modify the database from FTP or do I have to keep bugging my webhost company to do changes to the database? if so where do I tell my host to add this info above to the database im assuming the db is one file?

thanks and sorry for my ignorance I used the forum search function before posting this but I couldnt find the answers anywhere :(

Hi all.

I installed this contribution and it works wonderfully, but there is one thing more I need: Is it possible to make this contribution allow for several different products to make up the quantity for the discount? For instance: The store I'm working on has nine products currently. Six of these products are in one category: books. We want to allow the user to mix and match the books and get a discount for buying more than one book, regardless of whether it's the same one. So if someone buys three different books, they'll get the same discount as someone who buys three copies of the same book.

Does anyone have any idea how I can make this happen?

Thanks for your help.

Christianna

• 1 year later...
Hello all,

Is there a way to move the price table from above the product description to below the product description on the product_info page?

I tried moving the two code lines below to right above my review and add to cart buttons, but nothing shows.

$pf->loadProduct((int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'], (int)$languages_id);

$products_price=$pf->getPriceString();

If anyone could shed some light on this it would be much appreciated.

Please let me know what to change as I would like to do this too. Thanks and newbie here!!

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the contribution "Quantity Price Breaks Per Product" and so far it has worked well. My only real complaint is that the default look of the table takes away from the overall look of the product info pages since anything with a bulk price overrides the nice big single price that is there in the default install of OSC.

What I have tried to do is keep the big price on top while being able to put the table somewhere else on the page. Has anyone else managed to accomplish this with this mod?

• 10 months later...

How can i use this contribution with Featured Products Contribution?

I have a problem with the price on featured products contribution... all the prices displayed are the same and is changing random but they remaining the same for all products.

I tried to copy this code from modules/product_listing.php

$price_breaks_from_listing = array();

if (isset($price_breaks_array[$listing[$x]['products_id']])) {

$price_breaks_from_listing = $price_breaks_array[$listing[$x]['products_id']];

}

$pf->loadProduct($listing[$x]['products_id'], $languages_id, $listing[$x], $price_breaks_from_listing);

$lc_text = $pf->getPriceStringShort();

and put it on modules/featured.php like this:

the code before the line: $info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',

and where was: '. $new_price .' I replace it with '. $lc_text .' but doesn't work... it's displaying me $0.00 for all products from featured products contribution.

What can i do to make this work normally?

• 9 months later...

Just curious if anyone has combined MSRP and QPBPP... I have the latest version of both, and before I mess anything else up, just thought I'd ask for someone's advice.

I would like my boxes to show MSRP and calculate the % savings based on that price. My customers get a discount if they purchase 2 items or 3+ items. Right now, it's only allowing me to display and calculate my prices based on my initial discount. Plus when I installed QPBPP, it replaced the MSRP Add-on...

• 2 years later...

I installed the contribution "Quantity Price Breaks Per Product" and so far it has worked well. My only real complaint is that the default look of the table takes away from the overall look of the product info pages since anything with a bulk price overrides the nice big single price that is there in the default install of OSC.

What I have tried to do is keep the big price on top while being able to put the table somewhere else on the page. Has anyone else managed to accomplish this with this mod?

I have not found an answer to this request. I have the same request. Can someone please point me to it? Thanks!

I have not found an answer to this request. I have the same request. Can someone please point me to it? Thanks!

Have a look through the support thread.

Dan