• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Not Working

Hello,

I've been trying to get Easy Populate to work and I went through the install twice and followed the instructions exactly.

After uploading my first file, nothing happens.

I've read the trouble shooting notes and additional documentation for this contribution and can't find any explanation.

When I upload the file, I get this message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpBGP1Ic

User filename: EP2005Oct08-1212-upload.txt

Size: 24221

I don't get any error message at all.

When I upload from the Temp directory, I get this message:

Filename: Filename: EP2005Oct08-1212-upload.txt

I've checked the file several times and broke it down into smaller pieces of less than 100 products per file.

Nothing happens. Due to the lack of any describable error message, I dont' know where to start looking for a problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Pete

You have to have your tables set-up just right (make sure of the 'eoreor' column, and the 'product_model' column), and make sure your config variables are set. If you don't get any errors, when EP runs, then I bet that's what it is. Other than that, post some of your file, so we can take a look.

Hello,

I've been trying to get Easy Populate to work and I went through the install twice and followed the instructions exactly.

After uploading my first file, nothing happens.

I've read the trouble shooting notes and additional documentation for this contribution and can't find any explanation.

When I upload the file, I get this message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpBGP1Ic

Size: 24221

I don't get any error message at all.

When I upload from the Temp directory, I get this message:

Filename: Filename: EP2005Oct08-1212-upload.txt

I've checked the file several times and broke it down into smaller pieces of less than 100 products per file.

Nothing happens. Due to the lack of any describable error message, I dont' know where to start looking for a problem.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!

Pete

This may help u..... i had same problem ,,

check your easypopulate.php .. if you got a comma " , " as field separator change it to this " \t " like above it worked like a charm after that..

// **** Field Separator ****

// change this if you can't use the default of tabs

// Tab is the default, comma and semicolon are commonly supported by various progs

// Remember, if your descriptions contain this character, you will confuse EP!

global $separator;

//$separator = "\t"; // tab is default

//$separator = ","; // comma

$separator = "\t"; // semi-colon

//$separator = "~"; // tilde

//$separator = "-"; // dash

//$separator = "*"; // splat

If you still stuck after that go here :-

www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act=Search&CODE=simpleresults&sid=2f18c9563a422bf8e12771b586e628bb&highlite=easypopulate

hope it helps..

Ok,

I've double checked the config file, temp folder setup, and even changed my upload file field separator from tab to ~ to ; and back again with no success. And I even installed a clean, un-modified OSC without any other contributions and got the same problem. I'd be happy to post my text file but don't see any way to add an attachment to this message. However, the text file I've tested is an exact export from EP and the exact same data won't go back into the catalog.

I just get this message:

File uploaded.

Temporary filename: /tmp/phpW0BgQB

Size: 24547

There is absolutely nothing to indicate I've done anything wrong and it just doesn't work.

Does anyone know of another solution to import products and pricing in bulk?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I was unable to find any help here on the forums but finally figured out the problem. It's just a simple fix based on a misinterpretation of the instructions.

In the easypopulate.php file, you'll find these instructions:

// Please set DOCUMENT_ROOT to $DOCUMENT_ROOT in your /catalog/admin/includes/configure.php

$tempdir = "/catalog/temp/";

$tempdir2 = "/catalog/temp/";

More specifically, you'll need to modify the following line in the configure.php file like so:

Find:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/usr/local/apache/htdocs'); // where the pages are located on the server

Replace with:

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where the pages are located on the server

This is actually the default in the original OSC configure.php file but if you enterred your absolute path you will need to make sure you remove the ' ' from the section. Simply copying and pasting $DOCUMENT_ROOT in place of the absolute path inside of the quotes will not work. I'm sure plenty of people understood this but it's not obvious to some of us non-technical types just following instructions.

Good luck.

Pete