• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

IPN Help please!

cd100

Hi there,

I have IPN installed, and have the following problems:

I receive an email from paypal saying a payment has been made, but what is the 'order email from osc'? I dont receive that.

The customers name and order shows up in admin (under 'orders' no less!) but it shows as 'pending'. What exactly does pending mean? I know that the transaction has completed, and the money is in my account, as I used a test product and my mums paypal account.

I cannot set up IPN via the paypal website without specifying a URL, but my understanding is that this is done automatically by the contribution...is this correct? Why then am I not showing up as IPN enabled in my paypal profile?

My email address is correct in my paypal profile, so I am a little lost.

I can cope this way if I have to, but it means that I have to check in admin for any new orders, and then double check my paypal account to see if the payment has cleared before I despatch anything.

Sorry to drone on!!

Can anyone help with any of this?

Regards,

Claire

I cannot set up IPN via the paypal website without specifying a URL, but my understanding is that this is done automatically by the contribution...is this correct? Why then am I not showing up as IPN enabled in my paypal profile?

Hi,

I've also installed the PayPal IPN module, mine seems to work ok when using paypals sandbox. However I'd be interested to learn if you need to enable 'Instant Payment Notification (IPN)' in your paypal profile for this module to function correctly. Mine is currently disabled at paypal but seems to work ok, so I'm guessing that the IPN module doesn't need this option enabled.

Am I wrong? If so I'd be grateful for the URL that needs to be entered at Paypal. Do you need to point it to a specific file?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

Hi,

I've also installed the PayPal IPN module, mine seems to work ok when using paypals sandbox. However I'd be interested to learn if you need to enable 'Instant Payment Notification (IPN)' in your paypal profile for this module to function correctly. Mine is currently disabled at paypal but seems to work ok, so I'm guessing that the IPN module doesn't need this option enabled.

Am I wrong? If so I'd be grateful for the URL that needs to be entered at Paypal. Do you need to point it to a specific file?

Many thanks in advance

Andy

As I tested with Sandbox, It seems like one doesn't have to enable IPN inside the Paypal to allow osc IPN to work properly (the IPN contr is doing everything for you, hopefully). When I worked with ZenCart (which is also based on osc) I enabled IPN in Paypal and use the regular pyapal.php with the program though.

Snadbox's IPN not respoing normally in past 10 days, the osc order page just cannot get IPN info updated. Anyone alse notices that?