• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping cost of 10.49 round to 10.00 in payment module

captkidd12

Shipping cost of 10.49 round to 10.00 in when viewed in the payment module. This happens consistantly for table rates or UPS rates. Just thought of this... could it be in the payment module where the value is rounded off? In another example if the shipping cost was $149 the payment module would display only a $100 OUCh. Any ideas how to resolve or reasearch?

Thanks, Tad

Myself and four others I know of are all having this exact problem. Our osCommerce sites are all hosted at iPowerweb.com. We think it is a server side configuration setting and not the osCommerce code but we don't know what to do to find it. iPowerweb refuses to acknowedge or even try to look into the issue immediately saying that their server setup is fine. I would be very interested in knowing what hosting service you are using.

Shipping cost of 10.49 round to 10.00 in when viewed in the payment module. This happens consistantly for table rates or UPS rates. Just thought of this... could it be in the payment module where the value is rounded off? In another example if the shipping cost was $149 the payment module would display only a $100 OUCh. Any ideas how to resolve or reasearch?

Thanks, Tad

I read the threads about this and it's strange it's happening to a few people while most never encounter this.

Concentrating on the table rate module you could start to put a little echo in your (catalog)/includes/modules/shipping/table.php just before the returning of the quotes.

Search for

return $this->quotes;

and add just above

echo 'Shipping costs calculated: ' . $shipping;

so you have
echo 'Shipping costs calculated: ' . $shipping;
  return $this->quotes;

Put something in your cart and go the first checkout screen where the value of the shipping cost will be shown. On top of your shop the shipping cost will be echoed which is either correct or already the wrong value.

Before this make absolutely sure your table rates have been setup correctly with points and commas. It should always be with a point for decimal seperation and a comma for the rate sepration regardless of your admin->localization->valuta settings for the currencies (like underneath for European notation)

Decimal Point: ,

Thousands Point: .

Decimal Places: 2

If it already goes wrong here it seems the table parsing is incorrect for some reason which I doubt will be the case or anyone else should experience problems.

Do this first before we try to pinpoint the problem further.

Wheeloftime,

I made the change and added the echo statement to table.php. I also installed Table Rate shipping. My Table Rate shipping cost was displayed at $8.50 by osCommerce. The echo statement also showed: "Shipping costs calculated: 8.5". When I get to the Order Confirmation page this is what I get: "Table Rate (Best Way): $9.00". Hope this helps...

Joe

Wheeloftime,

I made the change and added the echo statement to table.php. I also installed Table Rate shipping. My Table Rate shipping cost was displayed at $8.50 by osCommerce. The echo statement also showed: "Shipping costs calculated: 8.5". When I get to the Order Confirmation page this is what I get: "Table Rate (Best Way): $9.00". Hope this helps...

Joe

Joe,

This is cool, now you know it is not the shipping module(s) creating the error. We'll skip the order class for now and see what the shipping order total module has to tell.

Take your (catalog)/includes/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php and look for

$module = substr($GLOBALS['shipping']['id'], 0, strpos($GLOBALS['shipping']['id'], '_'));

and right below add

echo 'Shipping costs on checkout confirmation before tax: ' . $order->info['shipping_cost'];

then right before the last closing bracket add

echo '<br>Shipping costs on checkout confirmation after tax: ' . $order->info['shipping_cost'];

so it looks like
	$this->output[] = array('title' => $order->info['shipping_method'] . ':',
							'text' => $currencies->format($order->info['shipping_cost'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),
							'value' => $order->info['shipping_cost']);
  }
  echo '<br>Shipping costs on checkout confirmation after tax: ' . $order->info['shipping_cost'];
}

The output for both will be in your last checkout screen. The first one is straight from the order class, the second one after one manipulation depending on your tax settings. If both are wrong we'll look at the order class and currencies class but if the first one is correct and the second one wrong it almost has to be something with your default currency setting.

regards,

Howard

Joe,

This is cool, now you know it is not the shipping module(s) creating the error. We'll skip the order class for now and see what the shipping order total module has to tell.

Take your (catalog)/includes/modules/order_total/ot_shipping.php and look for

$module = substr($GLOBALS['shipping']['id'], 0, strpos($GLOBALS['shipping']['id'], '_'));

and right below add

echo 'Shipping costs on checkout confirmation before tax: ' . $order->info['shipping_cost'];

then right before the last closing bracket add

so it looks like
	$this->output[] = array('title' => $order->info['shipping_method'] . ':',
							'text' => $currencies->format($order->info['shipping_cost'], true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']),
							'value' => $order->info['shipping_cost']);
  }
}

The output for both will be in your last checkout screen. The first one is straight from the order class, the second one after one manipulation depending on your tax settings. If both are wrong we'll look at the order class and currencies class but if the first one is correct and the second one wrong it almost has to be something with your default currency setting.

regards,

Howard

But why does this only happen with certain installations ?

I have two other osCommerce carts with no problem - but the two on IPOWERWEb are a problem ???

Donna

But why does this only happen with certain installations ?

I have two other osCommerce carts with no problem - but the two on IPOWERWEb are a problem ???

Donna

Hello Donna,

It might well be related to a host configuring problem/difference but to be sure and for general knowledge it's best to know where the problem arises. The payment modules are obviously not the problem as Joe's test shows and unfortunately I can not mimick the problem on my own test shop so I have to rely on what you guys can tell.

Howard

Howard,

I made the changed as you suggested. Here is the output:

Shipping costs on checkout confirmation before tax: 9

Shipping costs on checkout confirmation after tax: 9

Sub-Total: $29.99

Table Rate (Best Way): $9.00

Total: $38.99

I think it is definately a server side setting but don't know which one. My hosting service (iPowerweb) will not provide me with php.ini nor any help whatsoever. They just say to tell the osCommerce admins to fix their code. I am able to override the server php.ini by modifying the /catalog/.htaccess system file but don't know what to change ;-(

Joe

Howard,

I think it is definately a server side setting but don't know which one. My hosting service (iPowerweb) will not provide me with php.ini nor any help whatsoever. They just say to tell the osCommerce admins to fix their code. I am able to override the server php.ini by modifying the /catalog/.htaccess system file but don't know what to change ;-(

Joe

Joe,

Thanks again for trying this out also and with Donna's experiences in mind it surely starts to look like a problem with iPowerweb. Strange thing stays the rounding only happens with your shipping quotes and not the other figures, a pitty I can't have a direct look to see what happens.

I am going to have a look at the order class which is the only in between now where the value can be truncated. I'll give you some other echo's later and would appreciate if you could give me your exact setting for the dollar currency (which I assume will be

Title: US Dollar

Code: USD

Symbol Left: $

Symbol Right:

Decimal Point: .

Thousands Point: ,

Last Updated: 10/07/2005

Value: 1.21840000

)

Laterz,

Howard

Howard,

Joe

Hi,

I have the same shipping cost rounding problem on my site. My php settings are visible here:

http://st59.startlogic.com/phpinfo

It would be interesting to compare to Donna's php session settings on her working site (osc admin -> Tools -> Server Info).

Howard,

Here is the Currency configuration:

Symbol Right:

Last Updated: 09/19/2005

Value: 1.00000000

Example Output:

$30.00 = $30.00

Joe

Howard,

This problem is occurring in a fresh "out-of-the-box" installation of osCommerce with zero modifications and zero contributions. Here are the steps performed to reproduce the problem. It "only" happens on an iPowerweb.com hosted web server:

This is what I do to recreate the problem:

1) Install a new osCommerce site (I just installed a test site this morning: Out-of-the-box osCommerce Site).

2) Go to Admin-->Shipping/Packaging-->Postal Code and add a Colorado zip code (for a test): 80125.

3) Go to Admin-->Modules-->Shipping and Install United Parcel Service (UPS) or any shipping module except Flat Rate.

4) Go to the new web site and select any demo product, e.g. a mouse and add it to your shopping cart.

5) Click checkout and Sign In as a new Customer.

6) Select UPS Ground. Write down the price that is displayed. Click Continue.

7) At the Payment Information screen, click Cash on Delivery, click Continue.

8) View the Order confirmation page. Check the United Parcel Service price. You will see that the price is changed. It is rounded up or down.

Here is the server site configuration from the hosting server: iPowerweb Server Information Page

Joe

Howard,

Here is the Currency configuration:

Symbol Right:

Last Updated: 09/19/2005

Value: 1.00000000

Example Output:

$30.00 = $30.00

Joe

I just noticed something interesting.

If I set and register these 3 session variables and I echo them in the next screen, I respectively get:

149, 100, 149.5.

$myshippingcost1 = 149;

tep_session_register('myshippingcost1');

$myshippingcost2 = 149.5;

tep_session_register('myshippingcost2');

$myshippingcost3 = '149.5';

tep_session_register('myshippingcost3');

I just noticed something interesting.

If I set and register these 3 session variables and I echo them in the next screen, I respectively get:

149, 100, 149.5.

$myshippingcost1 = 149;

tep_session_register('myshippingcost1');

$myshippingcost2 = 149.5;

tep_session_register('myshippingcost2');

$myshippingcost3 = '149.5';

tep_session_register('myshippingcost3');

Replacing $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] with sprintf("%f", $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']) in checkout_shipping.php works for me. It should also probably be done in shipping.php in function cheapest().

Replacing $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'] with sprintf("%f", $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']) in checkout_shipping.php works for me. It should also probably be done in shipping.php in function cheapest().

The difference is a couple of trailing zeros and on my box it makes no difference but if it does for you ?!

My host is on PHP 4.3.10 and it seems those with the problem are on PHP 4.3.11. Is that correct ?

Try Catherine's suggestion and in your catalog/checkout_shipping.php look for

$shipping = array('id' => $shipping,
							'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ?  $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),
							'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

Add below that

echo 'test default: ' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost'];
echo 'test sprintf: ' . sprintf("%f", $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

and change

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

to
//   tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

to be able to watch the output.

OK - I made the change as follows in /catalog/checkout_shipping.php:

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

// tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

Here was the output at the Checkout Screen: test default: 7.81 test sprintf: 7.810000

I then made this change:

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

// >>> BEGIN - Modification to Fix Shipping Rounding Problem at Order Confirmation

//'cost' => $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']);

'cost' => sprintf("%f", $quote[0]['methods'][0]['cost']));

// <<< END - Modification to Fix Shipping Rounding Problem at Order Confirmation

}

and......the problem is resolved!!! Here is the output at Order Confirmation selecting selecting UPS Ground a $7.81 shipping cost:

United Parcel Service (1 x 0.5lbs) (Ground): $7.81

Total: $37.80

Thank you Catherine and Howard!!!

Catherine also previously suggested that this change should also be done inside of /catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php inside the "function cheapest()" function. Can you help me understand when this code is executed (how do I test this code)? Does this change need to happen anywhere else?

Joe

Howard, to answer your question, all of us experiencing this issues are all on PHP 4.3.11. Catherine told me it is likely related to this PHP bug:

From Catherine: It looks like a php bug on float session variables, which was fixed in Jan 2005: http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=31699

iPowerWeb.com is extremely non-customer support frendly. If this PHP bug is really the problem, they will not upgrade PHP on my shared host. It seems that I will need to keep this patch in my code until they upgrade PHP on my hosted server.

Is there any way to be absolutely sure that the above bug is really causing the problem?

Here is my hosted configuration:

Server Information:

Server OS: FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE Database: MySQL 4.0.16

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) mod_log_bytes/0.3 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/4.3.11 mod_ssl/2.8.22 OpenSSL/0.9.7g

PHP Version: 4.3.11 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Joe

OK - I made the change as follows in /catalog/checkout_shipping.php:

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),$quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

// tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

Here was the output at the Checkout Screen: test default: 7.81 test sprintf: 7.810000

I then made this change:

'title' => (($free_shipping == true) ? $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] : $quote[0]['module'] . ' (' . $quote[0]['methods'][0]['title'] . ')'),

// >>> BEGIN - Modification to Fix Shipping Rounding Problem at Order Confirmation

// <<< END - Modification to Fix Shipping Rounding Problem at Order Confirmation

}

and......the problem is resolved!!! Here is the output at Order Confirmation selecting selecting UPS Ground a $7.81 shipping cost:

Catherine also previously suggested that this change should also be done inside of /catalog/includes/classes/shipping.php inside the "function cheapest()" function. Can you help me understand when this code is executed (how do I test this code)? Does this change need to happen anywhere else?

Joe

It should refer to the following in the cheapest function

$rates[] = array('id' => $quotes['id'] . '_' . $quotes['methods'][$i]['id'],
							 'title' => $quotes['module'] . ' (' . $quotes['methods'][$i]['title'] . ')',
							 'cost' => $quotes['methods'][$i]['cost']);

where you'll have to change

$quotes['methods'][$i]['cost']

in line with the previous changement.

As the rounding problem will occur here also you probably will have a wrong comparison later.

To test you'll have to look at your checkout_shipping and see if the cheapest rate is indeed correctly selected.

It's strange that for iPowerWeb you need to convert this value to keep it correct but if it works it works and you don't have to call iPowerWeb anymore.

Thank Catherine for the solution !

Joe

I retract my statement. The cheapest() function in shipping.php does not need to be modified. This function is called right before displaying the checkout_shipping form to pre-select the cheapest method as you can see below. The value of $shipping isn't passed as a session variable in this case. So no need to convert to a string here.

[checkout_shipping.php ~ l.145]

if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

[checkout_shipping.php ~ l.323]

for ($j=0, $n2=sizeof($quotes[$i]['methods']); $j<$n2; $j++) {

// set the radio button to be checked if it is the method chosen

$checked = (($quotes[$i]['id'] . '_' . $quotes[$i]['methods'][$j]['id'] == $shipping['id']) ? true : false);

Hopefully the problem is finally on iPowerweb's radar. I finally got a higher level response from them. Here's a paste of the text:

Subject

osCommerce shipping cost rounding problem

Discussion Thread

Response (Tong W.) 10/07/2005 02:38 PM

Dear Client,

It might be an upgrade on certain compenents (software) that might have caused this, I can't be sure, but I'll escalate it to the admin to see what might have changed in regards to php/mysql (which oscommerce uses)

If you know of any particular module that is affecting this within oscommerce it would probably help in assisting you with this problem.

in the meantime I have found a link where this issue is discussed it may help you find if the issue is something you must do to your files or on our side:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=osCom...G=Google+Search

Customer (Barrow Smith) 10/06/2005 07:26 AM

B.S. The problem is with your installation of osCommerce or your servers. I have been working with several other web developers across the country for over a week on this problem and the only web host that is having this problem is ipowerweb. I really think you guys need to look into this. If you would rather I find another web host that does not have this problem then I will be happy to. You're going to have a tough time attracting e-commerce developers if your osCommerce installation is screwed up.

If I can't get this problem resolved in the next 7 days I'm finding a new web host. I don't have time to delay the launch of this store. Please out me in touch with a high level tech or manager.

Barrow Smith

Carolina Vintage 4WD LLC

http://carolina4wd.com

[email protected]

803-233-6754

Response (Alex W.) 10/06/2005 07:02 AM

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting iPowerWeb Technical Support.

This issue is specific to the makup and implementation of your code, and thus falls outside the boundaries of the support we provide. We suggest you contact the software developer ( http://oscommerce.com ), research the issue on the internet yourself or consult a professional for more help.

Customer (Barrow Smith) 10/05/2005 12:16 PM

I still have not received a response for this issue. Please help.

Auto-Response 10/02/2005 06:39 PM

Title: Troubleshooting - 403: Forbidden

Link: http://helpcenter.ipowerweb.com/cgi-bin/ip...ated=1085534350

Title: Troubleshooting - 500: Internal Server Error

Link: http://helpcenter.ipowerweb.com/cgi-bin/ip...ated=1090629286

Title: Domains - How do I change my domain name servers to yours?

Link: http://helpcenter.ipowerweb.com/cgi-bin/ip...ated=1088463052

Title: Scripting - ASP.NET - Testing if ASP.NET works

Link: http://helpcenter.ipowerweb.com/cgi-bin/ip...ated=1100641018

Title: Billing - How do I cancel my account?

Link: http://helpcenter.ipowerweb.com/cgi-bin/ip...ated=1085702628

Customer (Barrow Smith) 10/02/2005 06:39 PM

I discussed this with a tech through the live chat earlier. Here is our conversation:

Mack P.: Welcome to iPower Live Chat. How may I help you?

Barrow Smith: Hello. I've spoken with several other designers at the osCOmmerce forum and we are have a problem with rounding of the shipping costs to then nearest whole number at the confirmation page. It seems that the only servers that people are having problems with are at ipowerweb. The problem goes like this... UPS quotes 8.85 for shipping and the confirmation page ends up showing 9.00. Or UPS calculates 24.50 and the confirmation page shows 20.00. This error doesn't seem to be happening on other servers. Could you guys look into it for us? I don't need an answer now I just wanted to make you aware that there may be a problem with your oscommerce installation. Any help you can give would be great.

Mack P.: Hello Barrow.

Barrow Smith: did you get all of that?

Mack P.: Please provide me the url where you are getting error.

Barrow Smith: Go to carolina4wd.com/index.php and try go through check out up to the confirmation page. Put in 4111111111111111 for the credit card number and 01-2010 for exp.

Mack P.: One moment while I look into this further.

Barrow Smith: no problem.

Mack P.: Barrow, it seems that your issue needs assistance from level 2 techs.

Mack P.: I will suggest you to email your issue at [email protected] so that our level 2 techs will resolve it soon.

Mack P.: I will personally look into your issue and get it resolved for you.

Mack P.: Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please help us wih this issue.

Regards,

Tong W.

iPowerWeb Team

"100% Customer Service! - 100% of the Time!"

I then made this change:

}

Joe

I just added this patch and the problem is fixed! Thank you, everyone, for yor help. This one was over my head. You guys have made my day.

Ok, I use Startlogic for my webhosting and I'm having the same problem. So, if I follow these directions, my shipping should no longer round up or down? It should use the table rate that I entered in my admin page? Please advise before I have my web guy do this. Thank you!!!!!