• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

Your joy is my pleasure o:) B)

Go get 'em gal!

Wow quite marvellous! Very instinctive and no idea why this feature was not on the original oscommerce rather than the existing hideous attributes section.

Well worth all the hard work and stress of getting it on there today and thanks so much for sharing and your support.

best wishes

from a much happier and less crazed newbie x

• 3 weeks later...

For starters, let me say thanks for this contribution. If I can get it workin it'll save me massive amounts of time.

Here is the problem I am dealing with. I searched this thread and noticed it had been posted about 1 time before but no solution for it posted. Please help if you can. Thank you again.

Access Denied  

No Right Permission Access 
Please contact your Web Administrator to request 
more access or if you found any problem.

Hi!

Very new to all this!

First I want to say thanks for the hard work you all have put into this.

Will this contribution work with the options as images contribution? I have searched but could not find anything like this. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

We have about 300 items with about 20 of the same attributes for each item. This would be a huge time saver for us.

Thanks again.

Bryan

Toasty, this is one step to be the perfect contibution for me, Thanks!

I'm working in my Stock Photography Site where I offer downloads in 4 different sizes:

option name "file size"

option value: low, mid, hi & xl resolution

I have 4 subfolders in my download folder with the filename same as product name exept for the .jpg extension.

My question is:

Is there a way to add the filename, expiry days and maximum download count in the products_attributes_sets.php page?

By the way, I'm a begginer with php.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by memo06dic

For starters, let me say thanks for this contribution. If I can get it workin it'll save me massive amounts of time.

Here is the problem I am dealing with. I searched this thread and noticed it had been posted about 1 time before but no solution for it posted. Please help if you can. Thank you again.

Access Denied  

This has nothing to do with this contribution that is why there is 'no solution': I would suggest you contact your web hosting provider; or you may be using another contribution that restricts access - look at that. Nothing I can to do help I'm afraid.

Hi!

Very new to all this!

First I want to say thanks for the hard work you all have put into this.

Will this contribution work with the options as images contribution? I have searched but could not find anything like this. Sorry if this has been asked and answered before.

We have about 300 items with about 20 of the same attributes for each item. This would be a huge time saver for us.

Thanks again.

Bryan

I am not familiar with that contribution. The principal should be the same but the options as images contrib. may change some of the same code.

My suggestion would be to make changes (looking very carefully at what the other contrib has already changed) to the admin files first. If it has changed the same code you will need to look very carefully at how to iontegrate the two (it should not be very hard methinks).

The changes to catalog/product_info.php are optional, so don't change product info.php if the other contrib. has already made changes; at least until you are sure you have the admin files working correctly.

Good luck; and do let us know if all goes well so that others can see any issues.

cheers

Chris.

Hi all!

I got no questions, I just wanted to say THANKS! to the maker of this contribution!

It saves me A LOT of time!

Good install guide too!

thanks,

bye bye!

Peter!

I have added this product and it works great. One question ...

When somebody orders a product - is the attribute supposed to appear in the order receipt and in the admin order report?

Attribute Sets Plus for osCommerce 2.2 MS2

=================================

<snip>

Hi there,

After attempting to start install of this contr. I have encountered the following error.

<Error

SQL query:

# The 'drop table' commands should only be uncommented if your are re-installing

# attributes sets plus for any reason. For a first time install they are not required.

# drop table products_attributes_sets;

CREATE TABLE products_attributes_sets(

products_attributes_sets_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,

products_attributes_sets_name varchar( 50 ) NOT NULL default '',

products_options_id int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '',

PRIMARY KEY ( products_attributes_sets_id )

) TYPE = MYISAM >

This is the return in PHPMyAdmin after hitting go... (after copying and pasting whole of att~lct.sql to text box)

I am indeed a newbie at all of this, and have read almost all of the posts in this forum BEFORE starting... (I didnt want to have problems!)

What have I done, or not done to get this error to occur? There is no error number returned so I am at a loss with the documentation of PHPMyAdmin as well...

Yours,

Kaz

UPDATE

I have attempted to run the attrib~lct.sql file in the RHS pane of PHPMyAdmin 5.0, and NOW I get an error message...

<#1067 - Invalid default value for 'products_options_id' >

This is the (I figure) offending line ->

Any assistance I would be extremely grateful for... please...

Kaz

The attributes are appearing just fine on the product_info page. Here is an example:

http://www.islandhomefurniture.com/trinida...kage-p-520.html

Unfortunately the attributes are not added to the shopping cart (and then do not appear in the order report and receipt). It is possible that there is a conflict with another contribution since I have several installed. I will look to see if there is a conflict - should I be looking at any other pages besides product_info?

OK, now I am sure you are using ASP, if you have the attributes showing correctly in product_info (ie where you click 'buy now') then ASP has done its work. This means the product attributes have been correctly added to the product (otherwise they would not show up), so ASP's work is done.

From this point on your are using 'standard' osC, it is not custom code; so if they are not showing I would ask are you using other contributions that might effect the showing of attributes (like attributes types contrib?) - if so that is where you should be looking.

regards

Chris.

This worked for me. Is it possible that your database does not allow blank entires?

Chris, would it hurt anything if the default value was removed from this command?

UPDATE

I have attempted to run the attrib~lct.sql file in the RHS pane of PHPMyAdmin 5.0, and NOW I get an error message...

<#1067 - Invalid default value for 'products_options_id' >

This is the (I figure) offending line ->

Any assistance I would be extremely grateful for... please...

Kaz

This worked for me. Is it possible that your database does not allow blank entires?

Chris, would it hurt anything if the default value was removed from this command?

It might cause a problem not having a default value, but unlikely. Hmm...I would suggest changing the line to create with zero as default:

products_options_id int (11) NOT NULL default '0',

So your whole script now reads:

CREATE TABLE products_attributes_sets (
  products_attributes_sets_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  products_attributes_sets_name varchar(50) NOT NULL default '0',
  products_options_id int (11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (products_attributes_sets_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

This should be ok. What version of mysql are you using?

Let us know if it works or of any related problems.

regards

Chris.

I went through the installation instructions a third time and everything seems to be there. I can't find any conflicts in product_info.php. The product_info.php page is obviously reading the attributes because they are appearing, but the attributes are not being added to the Shopping Cart.

Could there be any other files where a conflict exists that would affect this? Any help would be greatly appreciated - I am at a loss.

The attributes are appearing just fine on the product_info page. Here is an example:

Unfortunately the attributes are not added to the shopping cart (and then do not appear in the order report and receipt). It is possible that there is a conflict with another contribution since I have several installed. I will look to see if there is a conflict - should I be looking at any other pages besides product_info?

just checked - MySQL 5 (running in strict mode) will enforce this error when no default value is decalred. So that is the problem methinks.

regards

Chris.

Faith is a remarkable thing....

I knew if I waited a suitably clue'y person would respond :thumbsup:

Thank you Chris and seq.....!

I have not re-attempted this yet... (server outage last night... grrr~!) but will do so as soon as I can.

;)

Will let you know how I go :blink:

Kaz

good luck!

Faith is a remarkable thing....

I knew if I waited a suitably clue'y person would respond :thumbsup:

Thank you Chris and seq.....!

I have not re-attempted this yet... (server outage last night... grrr~!) but will do so as soon as I can.

;)

Will let you know how I go :blink:

Kaz

Hi Seg,

Regarding this issue and global variables.

Just to be clear:

This contribution is built to work with register_globals set to OFF. (It is part of the reason I re-wrote it from the original B) ).

Standard osCommerce on the other hand does NOT work with register_globals set to OFF, so unless you update osCommerce to run with it OFF that will be the root of your problem.

I say again FYI and for others reading - this contribution is register_globals OFF ready !!..double tested and gold plated!

I think that concludes the issues for this week - busy week (!) and hey wow; a new little buggette; things are hotting up!...so thanks for the help in spotting that default issue :thumbsup: .

Regards

Chris.

(ps - sorry if I missed you before Kaz?!)

Access Denied  

Having the same issue. Was this ever fixed? Im thinking a contrib conflict is likely. If you ever found a work around, conflict etc, please PM me. I have no Idea where to start

Further Development Ideas

2. Integrating with the Options Types contribution.

This is how I use it. This means I can create sets of attributes of any type (e.g. select lists, radio buttons, fixed length text input fields, free text input fields). The integration of the two was a bit tricky and I had to remove a couple of bugs too but its easy to use now it works. If the types or attributes sets are not needed then they don't have to be used- its just extra if required.

I think this is stuff that folk would normally expect as standard in a cart. Can anyone see any downside of providing this as a fully combined version of the two? Would anyone love to have it?

regards to all

Chris.

Chris I would love to just get the Options Type contrib to work on any copy of osc that I have setup - I have so far tried to install it a total of 9 times all without any luck at all. I keep getting a drop down select with the word "TEXT" in it instead of a text input box.

Having the same issue. Was this ever fixed? Im thinking a contrib conflict is likely. If you ever found a work around, conflict etc, please PM me. I have no Idea where to start

That is because this is nothing to do with this contribution :D

I'm guessing you are using either a restricted access contribution OR you are using a host that has provided you with osC. Either way you probably need to have the new files authorised for use in Admin..

There's little I can do to help beyond that.

regards

Chris.

Chris I would love to just get the Options Type contrib to work on any copy of osc that I have setup - I have so far tried to install it a total of 9 times all without any luck at all. I keep getting a drop down select with the word "TEXT" in it instead of a text input box.

Hi Don (?)

As I said in that thread - it was a bit tricky.

I expect I could get it working for you but I can't tell you how to do it. Here's the bad news; my time is not free for custom code unless I need the code myself, and as I already have it....well you get the point.

Feel free to PM me if you wish to take it further.

good luck

Chris.

(ps - from memory: if you are seing TEXT then make sure you ahve precisely followed the Options Types instructions for install. Beyond that I do seem to remember that the 'tricky' work was getting that particular type to function correctly.)

Edited by toasty

Toasty, I am pretty sure the reason I'm running into trouble as I am TRYING to get this to work on an oscmax install. I know its not made directly for that but the code is virtually the same. Not sure if you have any experience with max or not, but any info you may have would be extremely helpful.

MXGimp: If you have it (and this was the issue for me)

Scroll down thru the dropdown menu and add any files you see that could be associated with Attribute Sets Plus by highlighting each file individually and then clicking on save. This should give you permissions and access to those files. Make sure that you add any attribute plus file.

This was the issue for me, and you are having the same issue, so maybe this will help.

New issue for me here.

Im running Multiple Categories along side of Attribute Sets. I had to move a little code around to get them both to function together. Everything looks ok on the Admin Panel side of things, but when I add a new product, I get garbled descriptions. like this http://www.steelworks-jewelry.com/product_...roducts_id=2397

instead of this http://www.steelworks-jewelry.com/product_...roducts_id=2395

No pictures either. Anyone using both together? Could I steal your code for categories.php (this is the only file that conflicts)

good luck!

A moment in time we call success, and the rest we just call life....

Thankyou thankyou thankyou to Chris and seq. :thumbsup:

I used the instructions you gave and have completed this process.... now the data-entry... :blink:

If you are interested, my site is desiredcollectables.com

Is it possible to add multiple attributes, such as size AND colour? This might seem obvious... but I am a ludite :rolleyes:

Once again, thanks :)