• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

Hi

On the surface this appears to be a nice little edit (not that I have looked to closely!)

Your explanation was a bit confusing (the odd double negative!).

To confirm (for the board), your edit is for the following reason:

BEFORE:

When using the standard osc product edit (in Admin)

when clicking <update> to save changes, ASP currently DELETES all sets and RE-INSERTS all sets attached to that product, meaning all attributes options values are reset to the values defined in the set originally.

AFTER:

It is still possible to remove sets from a product in Admin/product edit

It is still possible to add sets to a product in Admin/product edit

If a set is already attached to a product it will not be effected (where previously it would have been deleted and re-added)

Have I got that right?

cheers

Chris.

Yes, that sounds a lot better than how I put it. But to the best of my knowledge, everything you just said is true with that last edit I posted.

Feel free to critique/tweak it. I am by no means an expert PHP programmer.

-- Brett

Hi, first off. This was so much easier to install than attribute sets. Thanks for that. Saved me a migraine or two.

Anyhow I got this bugger all installed and I thought it was working with my million other contributions. I have COLOR and SIZE (for right now). Color worked fine with a 71 item set. Shows up fine on products. Size ONLY works if there is no price addition associated with any sizes. But if I want certain sizes to be +something...it breaks.

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''',1)' at line 2

insert into products_attributes_sets_elements (products_attributes_sets_elements_id, products_attributes_sets_id, options_values_id, options_values_price, price_prefix, sort_order) values ('',12,72,,'',1)

[TEP STOP]

I've searched through the forum but no luck. I haven't changed anything aside from uploading the original sql file included with this package and none of my other contributions touch the product_attributes_sets_elements.

Anyone have some ideas? I'm afraid I can't go any further until I've fixed this.

Thanks in advance!

Ok. the code is actually when there are NO +. Lets say I don't want a price addition. So I took off the + and 0. THAT breaks it. if I leave the +0 on for each one and then add +2 for the last one it works.

So its some kind of error not allowing for empty fields. I still would like a fix to this if anyone can find one.

Thanks

man I'm running into all kinds of problems. So I added both size and color to my test product. However, the one I add last is the only one that shows up. I -definitely- need this fixed.

And I've discovered my other problem doesn't matter bc it doesnt show up (+0.00) like it did with attribute sets, so scratch all that. Only being able to have one set on a product is a big thing for me. I need more like 6 or 7 for each product. *I offer custom products so I need the file upload and text boxes from another contribution*. Now, if I manually add hte other options, say SIZES, they show up, but if I make them into a set and try to do it that way, they don't.

Any ideas?

k ignore everything ive said today

i thought i had a data base problem so i dropped hte elements table and reentered. and the sets i had before that didnt work. so i just had to reenter them

no biggie

everything is working fine now! i cant thank you enough for this contribution!

<snip>

...everything is working fine now!

</snip>

..well I'm glad about that because I was getting very confused :blink:

Usual teething problems I guess; well done for persevering!

Hello

First... thanks for the contribution of what i think is a great improvement of the admin/product area...

But after i have run through your "Install_Read me" and completed the installation process - i get this error in the browser when pressing the new attributes sets link in the admin panel - could you, or someone else give me a hint on where to look for the problem?

Error message:

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/styling/style-your-ride.com/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /hsphere/local/home/styling/style-your-ride.com/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13"

I have run through the database.php file, but i see no mistakes made in the code here?

Please take minute to help me with this one.... thanks!

Jakob

Hello

First... thanks for the contribution of what i think is a great improvement of the admin/product area...

But after i have run through your "Install_Read me" and completed the installation process - i get this error in the browser when pressing the new attributes sets link in the admin panel - could you, or someone else give me a hint on where to look for the problem?

Error message:

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/styling/style-your-ride.com/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /hsphere/local/home/styling/style-your-ride.com/shop/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13"

I have run through the database.php file, but i see no mistakes made in the code here?

Please take minute to help me with this one.... thanks!

Jakob

This is sure to be an editing error. I can't really give any pointers with the information supplied.

If you really can't sort it then I suggest re-installing the edits. This is often quicker than figuring it out.

Persevere and it will work!

hello everyone, hello Chris,

i saw one reference to this error on the thread but no solution. i wonder if it's due to our use of SPCC contrigution. this happens when clicking on the catalog feature in admin.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/www/ill/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 258

if anyone's worked this out, please post. otherwise if i get it worked out, i'll post :)

happy selling everyone!

p.s. Chris: you do an admirable job supporting this contrib!

i saw one reference to this error on the thread but no solution. i wonder if it's due to our use of SPCC contrigution. this happens when clicking on the catalog feature in admin.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/www/ill/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 258

I'm not familiar with SPCC (what is it?!) . As I think you have spotted it works with standard osC and should work with most contribs with only a little tweaking.

p.s. Chris: you do an admirable job supporting this contrib!

Oh your just being nice so I reply; but hey, it works! Thanks.

Hi pretty new all this but...

I really, really want this contribution :thumbsup: as I have shoes with variables and attributes are the bane of my life!

Have read through threads first but have not found my problem.

I have created database tables and now wish to get on with the next bit. Am concerned that although I can find the php file you list my structure is not laid out the same.

eg 1) /catalog/admin/categories.php mine is /admin/categories.php

and it is the same all the way down the list. my directory as it came from the host is split into catalog and admin routes so all the files have a different route. I could find them all eventually and alter okay but where would i then place the new files as I don't have that catalog/admin structure? And would this affect the workings ie would it know where to find everything. eek help please cause I really want this badly lol

thank you

Hi pretty new all this but...

I really, really want this contribution :thumbsup: as I have shoes with variables and attributes are the bane of my life!

Have read through threads first but have not found my problem.

I have created database tables and now wish to get on with the next bit. Am concerned that although I can find the php file you list my structure is not laid out the same.

eg 1) /catalog/admin/categories.php mine is /admin/categories.php

and it is the same all the way down the list. my directory as it came from the host is split into catalog and admin routes so all the files have a different route. I could find them all eventually and alter okay but where would i then place the new files as I don't have that catalog/admin structure? And would this affect the workings ie would it know where to find everything. eek help please cause I really want this badly lol

thank you

well the good news you can relax

Just read the instructions as if they say /admin/categories.php and place the files in the new structure.

i.e. anything that should go in /catalog/admin/categories.php put it in /admin/categories.php instead.

It should work fine as your host will have set up the osC paths which the contribution will use.

Then you can be as crazy and mad as you like :thumbsup:

In a rush - hope that's clear enough !

be lucky

Chris.

well the good news you can relax

Just read the instructions as if they say /admin/categories.php and place the files in the new structure.

i.e. anything that should go in /catalog/admin/categories.php put it in /admin/categories.php instead.

It should work fine as your host will have set up the osC paths which the contribution will use.

Then you can be as crazy and mad as you like :thumbsup:

In a rush - hope that's clear enough !

be lucky

Chris.

thank you for such an amazingly quick reply. perhaps I should have explained they are not all in admin some are in catalog and many paths are totally different! Just concerned whether these will be found. gets more confusing: the catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php are in both admin/include and catalog/include :'( so wondering which one... haven't even gone further down the list once I realised in trouble.

See why its all starting to look a bit muddled lol

Ok as I am a bit worried about this being a newbie and all that, to be specific this is what I have:

Step 2: CODE INSTALL

File Lists:

Existing files that should be backed up:

============================================

1) /catalog/admin/categories.php

I HAVE THIS IN ADMIN AND CATALOG

2) /catalog/product_info.php

THIS IS CORRECT

3) /catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php

4) /catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

5) /catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php

6) /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php

7) /catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

THIS IS IN ADMIN

8) /catalog/admin/products_attributes.php

THIS IS CORRECT

9) /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

THIS IS IN ADMIN

10) /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

THIS IS IN ADMIN

11) /catalog/admin/stylesheet.css

THIS IS IN CATALOG

--------------------------------------

So which ones am I backing up and changing :'(

I have not altered my configuration this is how I received it from the host apart from adding the paypal ipn contribution.

Am I crazy or just mad........

Am I crazy or just mad........

Yes I expect so B) .

Try this:

Existing files that should be backed up:

1) /admin/categories.php

2) /catalog/product_info.php

3) /admin/includes/database_tables.php AND /catalog/includes/database_tables.php

4) /admin/includes/filenames.php

5) /admin/includes/functions/database.php

6) /admin/includes/languages/english.php

7) /admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

8) /admin/products_attributes.php

9) /admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

10) /admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes.php

11) /admin/stylesheet.css

--------------------------------------

New Files added for this contribution.

1) /admin/products_attributes_sets.php

2) /admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes_sets.php

3) /admin/products_attributes_sets_edit.php

4) /admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes_sets_edit.php

5) /admin/images/icon_attribute_sets.gif

6) /admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_add_as.gif

7) /admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons/button_create.gif

in other words when it is an admin file just change catalog/admin/.... (in the install file) to /admin/.....

If you have it somewhere else too then don't worry - just do as the instructions say. Given that most of the functionality in this contrib is to help you administer your attributes then most of the changes are on the admin side.

Does that bring you a little closer to sanity?

tally-ho

Chris.

Hi mad'n crazy again and even a bit glum now :(

Took my newbie self very carefully through all instructions and was so pleased with self when arrived at admin to find nice new feature.

NOT so please tho to find that all my existing attributes have disappeared and if I try to add new ones although they say saved they are still blank :wacko:

SOB, SOB, SOB

Please help me toasty or I will be toast x

ps have read back thru this thread first...

Hi mad'n crazy again and even a bit glum now :(

Took my newbie self very carefully through all instructions and was so pleased with self when arrived at admin to find nice new feature.

NOT so please tho to find that all my existing attributes have disappeared and if I try to add new ones although they say saved they are still blank :wacko:

SOB, SOB, SOB

Please help me toasty or I will be toast x

ps have read back thru this thread first...

what do you mean disappeared - disappeared when you look where?

Other possibly strange thing is that in admin all the items have a green light next to them even though I know some have not had attributes added in old system or ASP??

Have i made a bit of an error somewhere :blush:

What is exact purpose of light?

Sorry error earlier (this has fried my brain this morning lol) I did in fact find stylesheet in admin/includes and did alter

There might be a fix for this issue somewhere way back in the thread. I have a feeling a work around might be to remove the (ASP) code you put in /catalog/product_info.php (or replace the file with the backup you made).

Try it and see what happens (the only reason for the code change in this file is for orderring of the attributes so that is all you will lose).

Try it out and see what happens.

There might be a fix for this issue somewhere way back in the thread. I have a feeling a work around might be to remove the (ASP) code you put in /catalog/product_info.php (or replace the file with the backup you made).

Try it and see what happens (the only reason for the code change in this file is for orderring of the attributes so that is all you will lose).

Try it out and see what happens.

:wub: many kisses to you!

All restored and I will now get on with trying it out.

Thank you so much for such a swift response to my plight. Am feeling much less crazy now...

:wub: many kisses to you!

All restored and I will now get on with trying it out.

Thank you so much for such a swift response to my plight. Am feeling much less crazy now...

Your joy is my pleasure o:) B)

Go get 'em gal!