• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

I just installed this contribution and i must have done something wrong somewhere, because the link is bad and doesnt' go to the page:

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/products_attributes.php

The link on the left: Attribute Sets goes to:

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/FILENAME_PROD...ATTRIBUTES_SETS

instead of :

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/products_attributes_sets.php

Same thing when trying to insert a new one: it goes to:

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/FILENAME_PROD...ction=insertNew

Can you let me know what file needs to be corrected to fix this problem? or where the problem lies or what might have gone wrong?

THANK YOU!

Looks like you ahve missed the edit of the admin/includes/filenames.php file

If you follow the install instructions you will find something like:

// BOF Linkmatics attributes sets

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS', 'products_attributes_sets.php');

define('FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_EDIT', 'products_attributes_sets_edit.php');

// EOF Linkmatics attributes sets

to add to that file.

Check your install instructions for this information.

cheers

Chris.

Ok I got my problem with the long file name fixed :D

I did the install but now I have a couple of problems...

When trying to get into the Catalog/Contents section of the admin panel, I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/myserend/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 296

And when I am in my store and click on a product, I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/myserend/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php on line 262

I would like to fix these, but not sure what the problem is, and my 'lines' aren't numbered.

Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks!! :)

Kerri

Ok I got my problem with the long file name fixed :D

I did the install but now I have a couple of problems...

When trying to get into the Catalog/Contents section of the admin panel, I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/myserend/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 296

And when I am in my store and click on a product, I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/myserend/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php on line 262

I would like to fix these, but not sure what the problem is, and my 'lines' aren't numbered.

Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks!! :)

Kerri

Both of these are editing errors - revisit the install instructions for those files and redo the edits (that is - go to your backup and do them again using the old file. You must edit the files precisely as shown in the intructions; one missing bit of syntax and it falls apart (e.g. the unexpected } indicates you may have missed an opening '{' earlier in the code) - so redoing it is your best bet.

regards

Chris.

Ok, I got THAT fixed!!! :D

NOW... my problem is that I have no "A S " button to choose to add the Attributes Set with. The "Attribute Sets" area is there and I have created an attribute set named "Test" but when I add a new product, there is no option to include any attribute sets on anything.

Everything else 'seems' to be working fine! I'm not getting any errors or anything, there's just no button to use the Attributes Sets on any of my products at all, not even in the 'edit' mode.

What did I do wrong?

Thank you for ALL of your help, you've been great!! :)

Kerri ;)

Ok, I got THAT fixed!!! :D

NOW... my problem is that I have no "A S " button to choose to add the Attributes Set with. The "Attribute Sets" area is there and I have created an attribute set named "Test" but when I add a new product, there is no option to include any attribute sets on anything.

Everything else 'seems' to be working fine! I'm not getting any errors or anything, there's just no button to use the Attributes Sets on any of my products at all, not even in the 'edit' mode.

What did I do wrong?

Thank you for ALL of your help, you've been great!! :)

Kerri ;)

I'm still having this problem, not sure what I need to do to fix it. It seems like everything is there EXCEPT for the "AS" button to actually apply the Attributes Sets! Strange.... very strange! I'm not getting any errors at all, just no button.

Any help is appreciated :D

Thanks!

Kerri ;)

I'm still having this problem, not sure what I need to do to fix it. It seems like everything is there EXCEPT for the "AS" button to actually apply the Attributes Sets! Strange.... very strange! I'm not getting any errors at all, just no button.

Any help is appreciated :D

Thanks!

Kerri ;)

This is just another editing issue. Suggest you try checking step 7.4 and 7.5 have been done correctly.

You must make sure ALL the edits have been applied as instructed. Go over the install file and check each item has been done correctly. You are in the throws of software engineering - it is a precise art!

This is just another editing issue. Suggest you try checking step 7.4 and 7.5 have been done correctly.

You must make sure ALL the edits have been applied as instructed. Go over the install file and check each item has been done correctly. You are in the throws of software engineering - it is a precise art!

Toasty..... YOU ROCK!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Let me also apologize for being such a pain in the rear!!!

I went back in to the categories.php and for some reason, none of the edits I had done on it had saved, so it was just the original file there. I KNOW I edited it because I remember that section was the hardest stage of the whole contribution, IMHO LOL

But for some reason it didn't save... and when I went back in and changed it, it works now like a charm!! :blush: Thank you for being so patient with me and I have learned that before I come back here and ask dumb questions, I need to double and triple check what I have messed with first!!

Thanks again, you're a peach!!

Kerri ;)

hi guys ..

since i understand there are no alterations of the core osc tables , does easy populate + attribut as available here :

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500

could work ?

THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! I have been troubleshooting this for hours now. Finally I get to enjoy this very nice contribution :D

THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!! I have been troubleshooting this for hours now. Finally I get to enjoy this very nice contribution :D

sorry i must have replied to the wrong post. Just wanted to thank toasty for the contri and reihtec for his resolution to the empty dropdown menu issue

Toasty..... YOU ROCK!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Let me also apologize for being such a pain in the rear!!!

I went back in to the categories.php and for some reason, none of the edits I had done on it had saved, so it was just the original file there. I KNOW I edited it because I remember that section was the hardest stage of the whole contribution, IMHO LOL

But for some reason it didn't save... and when I went back in and changed it, it works now like a charm!! :blush: Thank you for being so patient with me and I have learned that before I come back here and ask dumb questions, I need to double and triple check what I have messed with first!!

Thanks again, you're a peach!!

Kerri ;)

Enjoy :-)

sorry i must have replied to the wrong post. Just wanted to thank toasty for the contri and reihtec for his resolution to the empty dropdown menu issue

Thanks for letting us know.

regards

Chris.

I can create attribute sets, but once I click on the AS button beside a product on the category page, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: jjg_db_getattributesetid() in /html/admin/products_attributes_sets_edit.php on line 86

I've tried to retrace my steps on all the edits from the contribution and am just not code savvy enough to find the error. Does anyone have any idea of what area of the code I should concentrate on to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Aaron

I can create attribute sets, but once I click on the AS button beside a product on the category page, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: jjg_db_getattributesetid() in /html/admin/products_attributes_sets_edit.php on line 86

I've tried to retrace my steps on all the edits from the contribution and am just not code savvy enough to find the error. Does anyone have any idea of what area of the code I should concentrate on to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Aaron

Looks like you missed or made an error with:

Step 4. Add the two database functions to /catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php

Check out the Linkmatics_ASP_install.txt file Step 4 for how to add these functions.

regards

Chris

On the create set page, in the drop down menu are two blank lines below select option. When I choose an option, and create a set the following page has "version" where the option name should be. I have installed once and reinstalled once. I would like to say I did it right but obviously didn't. I hope someone can point me at the file to fix.

On the edit page I have 9 entries where there should be 3, 6 of which are "version" option names. The three I selected are correct, but when I delete the "versions" I get an error when trying to edit again. OSC asks me for a name for this set so I entered a name and got this error.

Attribute Sets changes were saved.1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

select products_id from products_attributes_sets_to_products where products_attributes_sets_id=

[TEP STOP]

I hope someone can help.

Thank you

Todd

Thanks so much for assistance Toasty! I knew I must have missed something somewhere, but didn't know where to look. I didn't read the instructions well enough for step 4.

All seems to be working now. This is an excellent contribution. This will save me hours of work.

Aaron

I uploaded a pic to express my problem better...I think. http://home.inreach.com/lildog/pic9.jpg

A Quick response:

This is either bad editing or more likely related to having 3 active languages (as default in osC). This is disucussed earlier in this support thread (try a search on language)

Answer: Turn off the unused languages (I can't remember how you do that just now)

hope that helps

cheers

Chris.

Hi, has anyone implemented this in conjuction with option type feature and got it working for text boxes. Most of my products have fixed lenght text boxes (5 lines per product) and am lookling for something to simplify adding new products. From what I have seen this contribution is excellent and would help me for mu fdrop down options, but can't work out if it will help with my text boxes.

Thanks

A Quick response:

This is either bad editing or more likely related to having 3 active languages (as default in osC). This is disucussed earlier in this support thread (try a search on language)

Answer: Turn off the unused languages (I can't remember how you do that just now)

hope that helps

cheers

Chris.

Thanks Chris, I will give it a search and try it out. Later!

Thanks again.

could someone help me with this error please everything else seems to be working fine untill you try to add the attribute sets to the product by clicking on the action button this is what happens

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: jjg_db_getattributesetid() in /home/public_html/catalogue/admin/products_attributes_sets_edit.php on line 85

thanks

Alan

could someone help me with this error please everything else seems to be working fine untill you try to add the attribute sets to the product by clicking on the action button this is what happens

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: jjg_db_getattributesetid() in /home/public_html/catalogue/admin/products_attributes_sets_edit.php on line 85

thanks

Alan

sorted it thanks

Hi

Still on a mission to figure out the best way of managing barcodes on products with attibutes.

Is it sensible to add barcodes in by creating an atribute, creating the barcode, then adding this to a set. Or is it better to manually add the barcode when you go into the product (ie at the point that you define the stock quantity).

I think the latter is better but I cannot get it to successfully work.

Have installed a barcode contrib but this only applies once to a product (ie a dvd and not a colored tshirt).

Appreciate your views

W

In the step that goes like I pasted below, I do NOT have this line in my product_info.php page. I imagine its due to the other mods I have in my OSC, so I went ahead and did all the other steps, skipping this one entirely....this mod seems to be working even without this step, can someone explain why? Will it not work down the road-or can I implement this line in the code even though I do not have the original line?

Thanks

Step 6. This code retrieves the attributes and orders them according to the required sort order.
	It also orders attributes by the table 'id' number (the order in which they are created)
			if the attributes are not part of a set. 

**HINT**: In a fresh copy of osCommerce's /catalog/product_info.php page, look at line 134 for this
	query.

******** 6.1a: Change this query (original code):

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

In the step that goes like I pasted below, I do NOT have this line in my product_info.php page. I imagine its due to the other mods I have in my OSC, so I went ahead and did all the other steps, skipping this one entirely....this mod seems to be working even without this step, can someone explain why? Will it not work down the road-or can I implement this line in the code even though I do not have the original line?

Thanks

Step 6. This code retrieves the attributes and orders them according to the required sort order.
	It also orders attributes by the table 'id' number (the order in which they are created)
			if the attributes are not part of a set. 

**HINT**: In a fresh copy of osCommerce's /catalog/product_info.php page, look at line 134 for this
	query.

******** 6.1a: Change this query (original code):

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

Forgot to add, here is my mess of code where the line SHOULD be, but is not (and yes, my site works fine ;) )

<p><?php echo stripslashes($product_info['products_description']); ?></p>
161 <?php
162	 $products_attributes_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
163	 $products_attributes = tep_db_fetch_array($products_attributes_query);
164	 if ($products_attributes['total'] > 0) {
165 ?>
166		   <table border="0" width="98%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
167			 <tr>
168			   <td class="main" colspan="2">
169 <?php
170 //++++ QT Pro: Begin Changed code
171	   $products_id=(preg_match("/^\d{1,10}(\{\d{1,10}\}\d{1,10})*$/",$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] : (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']); 
172	   require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'pad_' . PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN . '.php');
173	   $class = 'pad_' . PRODINFO_ATTRIBUTE_PLUGIN;
174	   $pad = new $class($products_id);
175	   echo $pad->draw();
176 //++++ QT Pro: End Changed Code
177	 }
178 ?> 
179 </td>
180			 </tr>
182		   </table>
184		 </td>
185	   </tr>
187	   <?php
188 // related prod: begin
190   $attributes = "select pop_products_id_slave, products_name, products_price, products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_PRODUCTS . ", " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pa, ". TABLE_PRODUCTS . " pb WHERE pop_products_id_slave = pa.products_id and pa.products_id=pb.products_id and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and pop_products_id_master = '".$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']."' and products_status=1 order by pop_order_id, pop_id";
191   $attribute_query = tep_db_query($attributes);
193  if (mysql_num_rows($attribute_query)>0) {
194	 echo '<tr><td><br><table class="productlisting">';
195	 echo '<tr><th align="left" class="productListing-heading"> Optional related products </th></tr>';
196	 while ($attributes_values = tep_db_fetch_array($attribute_query)) {
197	   $products_name_slave = ($attributes_values['products_name']);
198	   $products_id_slave = ($attributes_values['pop_products_id_slave']);
199	   if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($products_id_slave)) {
200		 $products_price_slave = $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id']));
201	   } else {
202		 $products_price_slave = $currencies->display_price($attributes_values['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($attributes_values['products_tax_class_id']));
203	   }
204	  echo '<tr><td align="left" class="productListing-data"> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products_id_slave) . '">'.$products_name_slave.' @ '.$products_price_slave.'</a> </td></tr>';
205	 }
206	 echo '</table></td></tr>';
207   }
209 //related prod: end
210 ?>
212	   <?php
213 		//// BEGIN:  Added for Dynamic MoPics v3.000
214 ?>
215 			<tr>
216 				<td>
217 				<div class="screenshotsHeader">
218 					<div class="screenshotsHeaderText"><?php echo TEXT_OTHER_PRODUCT_IMAGES; ?></div>
219 				</div>
220 				<div class="screenshotsBlock">
221 					<?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'dynamic_mopics.php'); ?>
222 				</div>
223 				</td>
224 			</tr>
225 <?php
226 		//// END:  Added for Dynamic MoPics v3.000