• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

Thanks....what I figured out is if I put the product_info.php page back to default without the edits it all works fine. Figured this would work since it is just simply grouping the attributes and such but still assigning them to OS Comm Admin attributes the same way. It is all working again. I compared though the php file that I had to the install instructions and it was exactly the same so not sure what happened.

Thanks though.....

Seen any issues with sort order? I did notice when you create the sets where it add the actual attribute in the OS Comm part there are no sort orders but there are in the attribute set part. Thoughts?

As with any contrib it is best to read the support thread through from end to end. If you do so you will find discussions on the sort order that may help.

all the best

C.

hello, i just installed the "Attribute Set - Increase Size" contrib from HundPferd and all went well until i got this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_languages() in /home/photogra/public_html/catalog/admin/index.php on line 58

any idea's as to why i get this error?

Hi, to those people who have the old attributes sets contribution (2201) and are considering upgrading to Attributes Sets Plus, I wanted to let you know I just did it and it works great. :P

I have a heavily modded store and was getting a lot of errors trying to edit the attribute sets due to Register Globals issues. So I decided to uninstall the old and install the new. Daunting thought! But in the end, it was much easier than I expected!

The added bonus was that I didn't lose my attributes that are already in my catalog. :P :P This is HUGE because I have hundreds of products and I was not looking forward to reentering them.

Here's what I ended up with:

All my products retained their attributes dropdowns in the catalog. If I edit the product, the attributes also remain, however there are no sets listed... this is because the attributes are located under product attributes, and not in the sets. To edit the attributes, I have to do it in the products attributes.

In fact, all my sets are gone. I will need to recreate sets for new products as always, but I can delete existing attributes manually for existing products as the inventory depletes. All is well with the world.

Note: I did this on a test server first and I suggest you do the same... it's much less scary that way! The process is pretty straightforward. Attributes Sets Plus instructions provide some SQL code for returning your database to its original state (very nice of Chris to include this), and if you go through the original Attributes Sets installation instructions "BACKWARDS" you can successfully uninstall it. THEN, test your site and be sure you are still working. Then, go ahead and install Attributes Sets Plus according to the install directions.

Thanks again to Chris for a terrific contribution.

Hi.. Great contrib. using for many months now.

I have a concern about weight!

Has anyone following this thread had any luck using an "attribute has weight" contrib? I now have a need for this and can not get one to work correctly. Please tell me which one works well with this contib, or at all!

Thanks!

James Tomasello

Hi.. Great contrib. using for many months now.

I have a concern about weight!

Has anyone following this thread had any luck using an "attribute has weight" contrib? I now have a need for this and can not get one to work correctly. Please tell me which one works well with this contib, or at all!

Thanks!

You should start a new thread...

u might get more readers & responses

Thanks

Mike

I didn't notice this right away! but a large order came through yesterday and on the orders.php page in the admin section the attribute title appears but an incomplete description of the option chosen appears directly after. This is true for packing_slip.php and invoice.php

This makes filling the order nearly impossible. Fortunately a text version of the order was received by email. This makes me think the database cuts off after a certain number of characters. So, should I change the database table to accept a larger value? Or is this problem related to the contrib. Please any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!

James Tomasello

I didn't notice this right away! but a large order came through yesterday and on the orders.php page in the admin section the attribute title appears but an incomplete description of the option chosen appears directly after. This is true for packing_slip.php and invoice.php

This makes filling the order nearly impossible. Fortunately a text version of the order was received by email. This makes me think the database cuts off after a certain number of characters. So, should I change the database table to accept a larger value? Or is this problem related to the contrib. Please any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks!

I can confirm this has nothing to do with the contribution.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any additional advice without spending time having a look, but rest assured that once you have added an ASP set to a product you are using/seeing only standard osC (unless you have other contributions of course). I'm guessing it will be reading from orders_products_attributes.products_options_values. If so that is a varchar(32) (in my db) which should be ample for your purpose.

all the best

Chris.

Hi there, firstly, Great Contribution... what a time saver!!!

However I have one small [maybe big] issue... tax.

My store utilises the tax option for 10% tax on all products. When creating a product, you enter the product amount in the GROSS $ and OSC will calculate the 10% tax component within that, for you.

Unfortunately I only just realised, after inputting over 1000 products that the $ inputted in the attributes sets must be pretax!!! ??? (rather than being a Gross $)

From my minimal understanding of code, it looks asthough Attributes Sets doesn't have it's own specific tax code and simply complies by the tax code in the categories.php file.

Is there SOME way I can make Product Attributes Sets $prices ignore the tax addition. Unfortunately I cannot make use of this module unless I can input gross $price attributes only.

Thanks in Advance

Hi there, firstly, Great Contribution... what a time saver!!!

However I have one small [maybe big] issue... tax.

My store utilises the tax option for 10% tax on all products. When creating a product, you enter the product amount in the GROSS $ and OSC will calculate the 10% tax component within that, for you.

Unfortunately I only just realised, after inputting over 1000 products that the $ inputted in the attributes sets must be pretax!!! ??? (rather than being a Gross $)

From my minimal understanding of code, it looks asthough Attributes Sets doesn't have it's own specific tax code and simply complies by the tax code in the categories.php file.

Is there SOME way I can make Product Attributes Sets $prices ignore the tax addition. Unfortunately I cannot make use of this module unless I can input gross $price attributes only.

Thanks in Advance

Well I confess I have never looked at the Tax issue specifically - but then noone else has ever raised it. Once the attributes are added to the products attributes you are seeing standard osC. ASP ONLY helps you ADD the attributes. Once added the code is standard osC.

I would be interested to know wether osC does something different without ASP installed?

i.e. If you input an attribute via the standard admin attributes page does it work differently?

cheers

Chris.

Well I confess I have never looked at the Tax issue specifically - but then noone else has ever raised it. Once the attributes are added to the products attributes you are seeing standard osC. ASP ONLY helps you ADD the attributes. Once added the code is standard osC.

I would be interested to know wether osC does something different without ASP installed?

i.e. If you input an attribute via the standard admin attributes page does it work differently?

cheers

Chris.

Hey Chris, quick response, thankyou.

The standard OSC implementation also behaves the same way. ie, when tax is enabled, you can set product prices as GROSS (with OSC calculating thei included TAX component), but product attributes need to be inputted as NET, because OSC automatically adds the tax value onto it!!!

So I realise that it's not your contribution that is at fault (if you can call it a fault) here.

Don't supose you have any idea how I could implement a way to minus the tax % from the attribute price, so that OSC can then go and add it again? :) (Operational reasons require me to enter the figures as GROSS not NETT. (as in minus it in the CODE, not on an EXCEL spreadsheet ;) )

Hey Chris, quick response, thankyou.

The standard OSC implementation also behaves the same way. ie, when tax is enabled, you can set product prices as GROSS (with OSC calculating thei included TAX component), but product attributes need to be inputted as NET, because OSC automatically adds the tax value onto it!!!

So I realise that it's not your contribution that is at fault (if you can call it a fault) here.

Don't supose you have any idea how I could implement a way to minus the tax % from the attribute price, so that OSC can then go and add it again? :) (Operational reasons require me to enter the figures as GROSS not NETT. (as in minus it in the CODE, not on an EXCEL spreadsheet ;) )

I'm sure its not difficult but I'd have to look at it - and I'm not 'free' just now :thumbsup:

Hi

Just installed this contrib but feel that I may have misunderstood the functionality of it.

What I was hoping to do was effectively create 1 product (ie tshirt) with different sizes, colours and then different quantity in stock, ie

1 blue small

2 red large

2 red medium

3 green large

Can I do this within 1 product in OSC. I am starting to think not. I am using this contrib wrong (ie it does what I want but have not figured it out!!)

Appreciate any advice.

Steve

Hi

Just installed this contrib but feel that I may have misunderstood the functionality of it.

What I was hoping to do was effectively create 1 product (ie tshirt) with different sizes, colours and then different quantity in stock, ie

1 blue small

2 red large

2 red medium

3 green large

Can I do this within 1 product in OSC. I am starting to think not. I am using this contrib wrong (ie it does what I want but have not figured it out!!)

Appreciate any advice.

Steve

I think you might be looking for the QTPro Contribution. You can find it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,qt+pro

I've been able to install both the Attribute Sets Plus and QTpro. It takes a little tweaking but they seem to both work well together.

Good luck!

Shayne

Hi

1 blue small

2 red large

2 red medium

3 green large

Appreciate any advice.

Steve

Steve

You can do what you need in standard osC but yes it can be confusing and you may still like the contribution, specially if it is already installed, so read on:

Standard osC procedure for adding a new option and three attributes:

a) Create your product

B) Create a new 'Option' (e.g. Size)

c) Create each 'attribute' for your new option (e.g. small, medium, large)

d) Add each option + attribute to your product (i.e. add size - small, add size - medium, add size - large) one by one.

Where ASP can help is that, once you have done a, b, and c above (for any partciular option, let's say size) you can create a 'set' (let's call it 'size_set') of attributes (say small, medium, large).

Now you can add the 'size_set' to any product. Job Done. No need for the nasty osC step (d) above - ASP has added all the attributes you defined in your size set to your product automagically.

Hope that helps.

regards

Chris.

Hi Chris

Thanks for that, a lot clearer now. And yes, it makes sense to use ASP, sweet.

One thing that I still dont get (and it may be a little off topic for here), is how you manage the stock figures of each combination. Using the existing Options, Values and Attributes, I dont see how I can split out what I actually have, ie 2 Small Red, 1 Large Red, 3 Large Blue...

Appreciate any more guidance.

Thanks

Steven

Hi Chris

Thanks for that, a lot clearer now. And yes, it makes sense to use ASP, sweet.

One thing that I still dont get (and it may be a little off topic for here), is how you manage the stock figures of each combination. Using the existing Options, Values and Attributes, I dont see how I can split out what I actually have, ie 2 Small Red, 1 Large Red, 3 Large Blue...

Appreciate any more guidance.

Thanks

Steven

It is abit off topic and I can't advise as I do not use osC stock control. Try the general support thread.

regards

Chris.

I have this installed, and it seemed everything was working fine. However, a customer placed an order the other day, and the "Custom Information" she imput in a Text box, did not get processed.

I went through to trouble shoot the problem and it seems that the Custom Info you put in a Tex box is then turned in to "TEXT" when you get to the order_confirmation.php. It keeps the customers custom info all the way until this page when it turns into "TEXT".

Any suggestions?

I have this installed, and it seemed everything was working fine. However, a customer placed an order the other day, and the "Custom Information" she imput in a Text box, did not get processed.

I went through to trouble shoot the problem and it seems that the Custom Info you put in a Tex box is then turned in to "TEXT" when you get to the order_confirmation.php. It keeps the customers custom info all the way until this page when it turns into "TEXT".

Any suggestions?

This is not an Attributes Sets Plus issue.

You have installed an Options Types contribution. If you read the documentation for that contribution carefully you may find you have missed a configuration step) or from memory maybe you have just not created and associated the option with the attribute correctly. I am fairly sure the answer is in the docs provided. For any further advice seek out the support thread for that contribution.

Of course it just be a klumsi install :D

regards

Chris.

I just installed this contribution and i must have done something wrong somewhere, because the link is bad and doesnt' go to the page:

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/products_attributes.php

The link on the left: Attribute Sets goes to:

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/FILENAME_PROD...ATTRIBUTES_SETS

instead of :

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/products_attributes_sets.php

Same thing when trying to insert a new one: it goes to:

http://jewels4cures.us/admin/FILENAME_PROD...ction=insertNew

Can you let me know what file needs to be corrected to fix this problem? or where the problem lies or what might have gone wrong?

THANK YOU!

Sincerely,

I can confirm this has nothing to do with the contribution.

I'm afraid I cannot offer any additional advice without spending time having a look, but rest assured that once you have added an ASP set to a product you are using/seeing only standard osC (unless you have other contributions of course). I'm guessing it will be reading from orders_products_attributes.products_options_values. If so that is a varchar(32) (in my db) which should be ample for your purpose.

all the best

Chris.

Just an update... I did, in fact, need more storage in the DB. my varchar is now 255. I am using an image as the product option in this case along with a very short description. When I check the orders in the admin section now the correct image and option title appears. Now I can actually tell what the customer wanted!

anyway, thanks for the effort!

James Tomasello

Hi there,

i have a slight problem, in that once i assign a set to a product, i cannot remove it by un selecting the box in products_attributes_sets_edit.php. I can ad sets by using that screen but not remove them. The only way i can remove a set from a product is by actually unselecting it in the on the same pga eused to edit the product details in categories.php

Anyone any ideas what this might be?

cheers

stubbsy

Hello there!

First let me say that this contribution seems like exactly what I need! The instructions are easy enough (so far) for even a novice like me to follow step by step. Thank you so much Toasty for sharing!!

Now of course, I do have a slight problem LOL

While trying to upload the necessary files, 2 of them will not upload. I don't think this is necessarily an issue with the contribution itself but need to know how to fix it. It won't allow me to upload these 2 files:

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/products_attributes_sets_edit.php

/catalog/admin/products_attributes_sets_edit.php

It gives me an error that the filenames are too long.

Is there a way I can change the filenames and the corresponding database tables they will use, or is there somewhere I can edit how long a filename can be in my File Manager?

I am VERY new to both php and all it encompasses, so please forgive my lack of common knowledge :)

Hugs!~

Kerri

Hi there,

i have a slight problem, in that once i assign a set to a product, i cannot remove it by un selecting the box in products_attributes_sets_edit.php. I can ad sets by using that screen but not remove them. The only way i can remove a set from a product is by actually unselecting it in the on the same pga eused to edit the product details in categories.php

Anyone any ideas what this might be?

cheers

stubbsy

This is a documented issue. You must remove sets using the product edit as you have described.