• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

I've got 2 problems when adding this attrib that I think should be posted... Although as I don't see anyone else with the same problem, it *may* be something I did? I've installed easily 20-30 contribs. with rare problems... anyway, here goes:

1.) No matter how I name my attrib. set., (1_tstyle, 2_tsleeve, 3_tsize, as an example) the product attribute ordering is by option name (i.e. size, sleeve, style VS. style, sleeve, size, which is how I wanted it, and the order it was initially entered.) and does not use the attrib. sets as ordering criteria. If that is how it is supposed to work, how would I reoder without trying to work in another contrib. (nightmare to blend them, I would think) so that I could still order the way I needed...

2.) This one's the biggy. Install seemed to go fine, and to make sure everything was 'clean', I deleted all options and values; starting from scratch. When I add a new attribute set and specify the "size" (i.e. 7) I end up getting 2 more duplicates. I tried deleting everything and starting from scratch with the same results.

The only thing I think I may be able to do is to manually delete the extra values from the regular attribs. area, but that seems like a pain to remember to do that.

Any help would be appreciated. (V.1.01 installed.)

-D

Has anyone sucessfully installed this contribuition on a shop installed in the root folder? I am able to install it on a subfolder but not on root.

I haven't messed with the supplied files yet but maybe someone can save me time. Does anyone know a workaround for this problem?

Thanks

I've got 2 problems when adding this attrib that I think should be posted... Although as I don't see anyone else with the same problem, it *may* be something I did? I've installed easily 20-30 contribs. with rare problems... anyway, here goes:

1.) No matter how I name my attrib. set., (1_tstyle, 2_tsleeve, 3_tsize, as an example) the product attribute ordering is by option name (i.e. size, sleeve, style VS. style, sleeve, size, which is how I wanted it, and the order it was initially entered.) and does not use the attrib. sets as ordering criteria. If that is how it is supposed to work, how would I reoder without trying to work in another contrib. (nightmare to blend them, I would think) so that I could still order the way I needed...

I had a similar problem when I installed the option as images contribution, the attributes would ignore my order input. I couldn't find a solution for that so I had to give up on options as images. So resuming, check the other contribs you have installed, one of them might be conflicting with Atribute Setts.

2.) This one's the biggy. Install seemed to go fine, and to make sure everything was 'clean', I deleted all options and values; starting from scratch. When I add a new attribute set and specify the "size" (i.e. 7) I end up getting 2 more duplicates. I tried deleting everything and starting from scratch with the same results.

The only thing I think I may be able to do is to manually delete the extra values from the regular attribs. area, but that seems like a pain to remember to do that.

Any help would be appreciated. (V.1.01 installed.)

-D

It seems like what you are seeing is the other languages labels and not duplicates, give a different name for each language and you will understand what I am saying, ie: english: memory, spanish: memoria. Just pick one of them and it should be fine, or maybe uninstall the languages you don't support on your store.

Hope that helps

Hello! As always, first things first: thanks for the neato-keen contribution. It's /exactly/ what i was looking for. I installed the "Attribute Sets Plus v1.01" package as per the instructions, and almost everything worked flawlessly - first try!

I say almost, because i am encountering one (hopefully minor) problem. All of the back-end portions appear to work perfectly. I can create sets, assign them to items in my shop, and so forth. When i view the item in the store, the assigned sets are visible, along with a drop-down box beside each.

Unfortunately, the drop-down box is empty. A cursory examination shows that the "$products_options_query" call is returning 0 results. The appropriate tables are clearly populated; however, the SQL query is not grabbing the data as one would expect.

I'm using v1.01 of your contrib, on a nearly clean install of osC. The only other contrib that i've added is "Category Fields v1.01" (#3173), which /shouldn't/ be interfering.

Any help - from anybody, really - would be appreciated greatly.

Thanks!

I just installed this contribution, I'm hoping that this is what I need.

However, I encountered this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSEIF in /home/blessed/public_html/trial/admin/categories.php on line 253

This is actually AFTER any code I changed.

Here is the last line of added code and the few following:

// <<<< EOF Linkmatics attribute sets plus (2 of 5) - calling custom function - update product - End
	  }
		tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$current_category_id . "')");
	  } elseif ($action == 'update_product') {
		$update_sql_data = array('products_last_modified' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $update_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");
	  }

$languages = tep_get_languages();
	  for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {
		$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

Any insight is appreciated.

May I try this again?

Problems not solved over here....

1.) If you look at the heirarchael structure of attributes as such: attribute sets > attribute options > attribute values, then this is what's going on:

a.) I deleted ALL attribute values and all attributes associated with product.

b.) I then created 3 product options (sleeve color, size, style) and created options values for those options.

c.) I created 3 attribute sets with sizes of: 5, 7, & 8.

d.) When inserting said attribute sets into a product, two things happen:

I.) 2 of the sets (size, with 8 options and style, with 7 options) duplicates one of the options twice, and appends it to the end of the list. Size, for example, then has 10 options, XL is duplicated twice at the end of the list, and one of the options is not even there, but is ALSO replaced by this duplicate, bringing the "XL" option total to 4! (The 'original' that I wanted, one option is removed with this one taking it's place, then 2 more appended to the bottom of the list.) I also notice that I can't remove the attribute sets from a product as once they're added, they "build" individual attributes at the bottom of the attributes admin page, so they're all there and assigned individually to the product. I don't know if that's what's supposed to happen or not...

II.) The second item is that no matter what I name the attribute sets (ie. 1style, 2sleevecolor, 3size) they still show on the products page in alphabetical order (i.e. size, sleeve, style) which is the reverse of what I want.

I'd love any help on this as it took me far too long to put this attrib. in, and trying to pull it out amongst my other modified code would be a lengthy proposition to say the least.

One more note: I only have one language installed (it was suggested this might have something to do with it?) as I've pulled all others on initial build....

Also, as far as other attribs., these are the ones I can think of off-hand that I had installed prior to this:

Big Images (the 3 size version) (could possibly? affect this)

Easy Rollovers 1 (shouldn't affect this)

Info Box Header images (shouldn't affect this)

Product Listing Module (shouldn't affect this)

Product Listing Selectable Columns (shouldn't affect this) ??

Advanced Shopping Cart (shouldn't affect this)

Thanks in advance....

One more note (sorry): If NO ONE else has run into this or can point me in the right direction, what is a good suggestion for uninstall of this attrib? I would like the SQL references removed as well as a "checklist" of code that needs to be put back in order...

-D-

Further Development Ideas

Hi all,

Its a bit soon to expect too much feedback I guess but anyone that gets to read this please do be thinking about further development of this contribution.

I have a couple of ideas for the next version such as:

1. Integration with EasyPopulate

This approach is great if you manage your shop externally like I do. If I make any stock changes in the stock control system they are loaded up automatically using (slightly modified) EP. Takes a few seconds for thousands of rows and all sets are added to the products automatically. Sound interesting?

(see my thoughts here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...dpost&p=723996)

2. Integrating with the Options Types contribution.

This is how I use it. This means I can create sets of attributes of any type (e.g. select lists, radio buttons, fixed length text input fields, free text input fields). The integration of the two was a bit tricky and I had to remove a couple of bugs too but its easy to use now it works. If the types or attributes sets are not needed then they don't have to be used- its just extra if required.

I think this is stuff that folk would normally expect as standard in a cart. Can anyone see any downside of providing this as a fully combined version of the two? Would anyone love to have it?

regards to all

Chris.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for this great feature.

I am trying to merge your contribution with the Options Types contribution,

If I understood correctly you already did it. Is there anyplace I can download it?

If not, do you have any tips?

Thanks

Itzik

May I try this again?

Problems not solved over here....

1.) If you look at the

a.) I deleted ALL attribute values and all attributes associated with product.

b.) I then created 3 product options (sleeve color, size, style) and created options values for those options.

c.) I created 3 attribute sets with sizes of: 5, 7, & 8.

d.) When inserting said attribute sets into a product, two things happen:

I.) 2 of the sets (size, with 8 options and style, with 7 options) duplicates one of the options twice, and appends it to the end of the list. Size, for example, then has 10 options, XL is duplicated twice at the end of the list, and one of the options is not even there, but is ALSO replaced by this duplicate, bringing the "XL" option total to 4! (The 'original' that I wanted, one option is removed with this one taking it's place, then 2 more appended to the bottom of the list.) I also notice that I can't remove the attribute sets from a product as once they're added, they "build" individual attributes at the bottom of the attributes admin page, so they're all there and assigned individually to the product. I don't know if that's what's supposed to happen or not...

II.) The second item is that no matter what I name the attribute sets (ie. 1style, 2sleevecolor, 3size) they still show on the products page in alphabetical order (i.e. size, sleeve, style) which is the reverse of what I want.

I'd love any help on this as it took me far too long to put this attrib. in, and trying to pull it out amongst my other modified code would be a lengthy proposition to say the least.

One more note: I only have one language installed (it was suggested this might have something to do with it?) as I've pulled all others on initial build....

Also, as far as other attribs., these are the ones I can think of off-hand that I had installed prior to this:

Big Images (the 3 size version) (could possibly? affect this)

Easy Rollovers 1 (shouldn't affect this)

Info Box Header images (shouldn't affect this)

Product Listing Module (shouldn't affect this)

Product Listing Selectable Columns (shouldn't affect this) ??

Advanced Shopping Cart (shouldn't affect this)

Thanks in advance....

One more note (sorry): If NO ONE else has run into this or can point me in the right direction, what is a good suggestion for uninstall of this attrib? I would like the SQL references removed as well as a "checklist" of code that needs to be put back in order...

-D-

Damien

Firstly you must be very clear in your use of the word Option and the Word attributes. Without clarity it is impossible for me to work out what the precise problem is, so the solution is a million miles away.

1. a.) I deleted ALL attribute values and all attributes associated with product.

If you are having data problems try deleting all attributes AND the option itself - then start again, just an idea.

I) Yes this is correct functionality - when you add a set to a product you are asking the ASP contrib to add the Option+attributes of the set to the product. So it does (to the products_attributes table to be precise). Equally, if you wish to remove a set you should remove it by editting the product and tickingthe relevant AS boxes. You should not remove them using the standard admin page if they are part of a set . I will add to my development wish list to build in a check for this.

II) The ASP contribution allows you to set the order of the Attributes within each Set. The order of the Sets themselves is not relevant. What you see on your product page is the 'Options' names, not the Set's names and these are orderred according to code that this ASP contribution does not touch. I will be adding something later to order Options, but the way I do it requires further custom database work which I am likely to port as a separate add on, when time permits.

Regarding your note on languages, and by the sound of your problems I wonder if you have erroneous data in your tables. If you have that could cause the problems you describe. Did you remove languages after having populated the tables with data - if so you may have data left behind that is causing the problems.

I may issue a temporary quick fix that only selects the 'default language' data - but this will have to wait until I have time.

Regarding removal I would sincerely hope you backed up before installing, as advised many times in the instructions. If you go to your back up code files the database will function as per standard osC. If you wish you can drop the extra tables.

Sorry I can't offer a code fix but in the meantime your problem sounds like a data issue that requires database play.

Hope that is some help

regards

Chris.

i would like to repeat a question i made a few posts ago, only more politely this time.

Is it possible to add an attribute set to a product when i first post the product instead of having to edit the product? possibly list the attribute sets with checkboxes to choose which one(s) to use?

or maybe i just totally missed the code to have this feature when i installed this contribution. can anyone help me out?

thanks

Edited by Kyle22

i would like to repeat a question i made a few posts ago, only more politely this time.

Is it possible to add an attribute set to a product when i first post the product instead of having to edit the product? possibly list the attribute sets with checkboxes to choose which one(s) to use?

or maybe i just totally missed the code to have this feature when i installed this contribution. can anyone help me out?

thanks

Kyle

The answer is no. You must create a product and add the Attribute Sets when it exists. This is the way osC works.

There is a quicker way than editting the product though, by clicking the AS icon in the admin products listing (NOTE: This is fine for 'adding' sets but there is a small bug at the moment that does not remove them so for removal of a set(s) you will have to edit the product for the time being).

I do add them all in one go using EasyPopulate but I'm afraid it will be some time before I have time to port that for public release.

Hope that helps

Chris.

:angry:

This contrib looks exactly like what I am looking for.

Install looks to be fine and appears to be working appart from I get the following errors to do with the session ID

Warning: session_start(): open(/data/session/sess_cd5f1e9278c93c3167b4a2d90cfd7a3a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /data/members/paid/s/i/silkbarn.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/members/paid/s/i/silkbarn.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /data/members/paid/s/i/silkbarn.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

and

Warning: Unknown(): open(/data/session/sess_cd5f1e9278c93c3167b4a2d90cfd7a3a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/data/session) in Unknown on line 0

on the products_attributes_sets.php page ...

Sorry for being a complete newbie but if anyone is out there who can help me that would be great ...

Thanks in advance

:D :D :D

:angry:

This contrib looks exactly like what I am looking for.

Install looks to be fine and appears to be working appart from I get the following errors to do with the session ID

Warning: session_start(): open(/data/session/sess_cd5f1e9278c93c3167b4a2d90cfd7a3a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /data/members/paid/s/i/silkbarn.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/members/paid/s/i/silkbarn.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /data/members/paid/s/i/silkbarn.co.uk/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

and

Warning: Unknown(): open(/data/session/sess_cd5f1e9278c93c3167b4a2d90cfd7a3a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/data/session) in Unknown on line 0

on the products_attributes_sets.php page ...

Sorry for being a complete newbie but if anyone is out there who can help me that would be great ...

Thanks in advance

:D :D :D

These errors do not look to be from the contribution. I'm guessing that you have some erroneous code (given the 'headers already sent ' message and the error occuring on line 0). Did you use a microsoft package to edit your files? Try replacing the file with the original one supplied with the contribution.

Other than that I don't know.

(By the way you have an error showing on your home page, but you probably know that :-))

Regards

Chris

Hi, I'm having a problem with the URLs that are being produced. Here's what I'm running into:

The main page is here: http://www.bettergicleesforless.com/catalog/index.php

Notice that if you click Photographies (in Categories on the top left) the link is:

http://www.bettergicleesforless.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/1

The HTML link should be:

http://www.bettergicleesforless.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1

----

Now click on the first item (the picture of a donkey) and it goes to this URL:

http://www.bettergicleesforless.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/1/products_id/58

Notice that the "available options" for material and size show nothing.

The URL should be:

http://www.bettergicleesforless.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=58

-----

If you type in the corrected URL, it shows the available materials and sizes that have been set up. Also, instead of manually correcting the URL, if you scroll down on the right and change the currency to Euros, it shows the available options (and the correct URL is also in the address box on the browser) and it works correctly if you switch the currency back to USD.

Some function is incorrectly producing URLs, where the usual "?" and "=" and "&" are being replaced by "/" which is generating the bad URLs. Any ideas where to find and correct this?

Thanks in advance.

:D

Thanks Chris for having at look at my problem.

I will replace the session.php file with the original from osCommerce download and see if that helps.

I am using WordPad - but I thought this was fine ... I will find something else to edit with and reinstall.

Thanks for warning on homepage .... I know it is there but it is because I am on Lycos - NO CHMOD access!!!! (Have to phone up to ask them to change - lucky it is only a test build site)

I was thinking the session ID errors might be because the access to the folder maybe CHMOD'd wrongly - but it has worked on other mods?? (options as images etc.)

Any thoughts ....

Thanks again for your help ...

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Chris,

Thank you for your help.

could not make t work so renstalled my backup categories.php and redid the code and than everything worked fine thought.

went and built a number of sets and than I went to my products and attached the sets to six products.

Now I went to my website and all have are empty dropdown boxes.

So does anyone know what to do now? I swear to you all have no idea whatsoever where to start looking, and I have 1000 items wthout attrbutes.

Michael

if there s anybody out there to help me woud love to hear from you

also used EP to upload my old fle whch has most of the attrbutes but, guess because of attributes set plus,EP dd not populate the attrbute felds.

However al the attrbutes are stll located in mySq DB tbl product attrbutes, maybe someone out there can show me, or for a (very small) fee fx ths.

I sell lingerie and perfumes so am hurtng if I can't get any help

OK, I finally figured out how to stay n a forum, hallelujah.

Maybe now I can get someone fammar with this contribution to help me.

Please, I sell Lingerie and some attributes such as bra size are critcal to my success.

I used easy populate until last week when I added another line to my inventory which increased the spreadsheet beyond 255 columns.

Than, eureka, I found attributes set plus.

Install with a minor hitch went very smooth.

So I made some changes to my EP file and uploaded t as usual.

but it did not connect the old attributes to the products.

the table product attributes still exists and shows correct data.

I also tested 6 products where i added attribute sets.

but when I go to the website, all my products are there, the ones which are supposed to have attributes do have the dropdown box,

but all the boxes are empty.

I have no idea how to fix this.

i am asking urgently for help, because who wll buy a g-string wthout knowing wether you get a small or a 7X, in purple or in stripes

Michael

210-587-7835

[email protected] for MSN IM and e-mail

....<snip>

Than, eureka, I found attributes set plus.

Install with a minor hitch went very smooth.

So I made some changes to my EP file and uploaded t as usual.

but it did not connect the old attributes to the products.

the table product attributes still exists and shows correct data.

I also tested 6 products where i added attribute sets.

but when I go to the website, all my products are there, the ones which are supposed to have attributes do have the dropdown box,

but all the boxes are empty.

I have no idea how to fix this.

i am asking urgently for help, because who wll buy a g-string wthout knowing wether you get a small or a 7X, in purple or in stripes

Michael

210-587-7835

[email protected] for MSN IM and e-mail

Quick response:

Couple of Checks to make:

1 If you edit your Sets in Admin can you see all the individual attributes in the set?

2 If you edit a product in Admin, that has sets attached, can you see the sets?

If the answer is yes to the above your problem could be a display problem whcih indicates it is in your /catalog/product_info.php file ; solution in this case - Try re-adding the ASP scripting to /catalog/product_info.php (as per install instructions)

regards

Chris.

Quick response:

Couple of Checks to make:

1 If you edit your Sets in Admin can you see all the individual attributes in the set?

2 If you edit a product in Admin, that has sets attached, can you see the sets?

If the answer is yes to the above your problem could be a display problem whcih indicates it is in your /catalog/product_info.php file ; solution in this case - Try re-adding the ASP scripting to /catalog/product_info.php (as per install instructions)

regards

Chris.

I checked 1 and 2 and they are perfect.

renstalled the code in products_info.php and I checked the admn/include/functons/database.php both seem to be right.

The werd part is that even the original products, which had attrbutes all along, still have the dropdown boxes but they are empty too.

Now I just wished I knew what this tells me

thank you

Michael

OK, this gets weirder by the minute.

I replaced my catalog/products_info.php with my backup there by omitting step 6 of the instructions.

Now all my attributes show up, the attribute set shows up too.

I am sure that somethng s wrong and wil pay the prce for not havng your code in my catalog/products_info.php

But as long as it works who am I to complain.

However when someone has a few moments maybe they or you, chris, can tell me what the missng code does and how I can fix it.

Michael

This may be a stupid question, but how do you actually execute that Linkmatics_AttributeSetsPlus_1ct.sql to create the new tables for Step 1? And where do you check to verify that the've been created? I can't find the database anywhere...

Basically, I don't know where to start! (Obviously, I'm a newbie)

Thanks for your help :)

You need to determine where your mysql database is located on your server.

Did you install your own orginal OSC? if so you probably have myadminphp

go to your database, on the left you see all your current tables, and just above it you see an Icon "sql"

when you click on it a window will open with a sql statement in it, somethng including "where"

delete that statement

now insert the whole sql file that comes with attribute set plus, just copy and paste, chrs has marked the part you paste really well.

now click on "go" and the tables will install themselves you can see them n alpha order n the list on the left.

close you DB and go on with the rest of the installation.

hope this helps

Michael

I have just installed this contib. and all seemed to go just fine untill I vivited the admin/categories.php page and I got this error.

1146 - Table 'mylocal_osc1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION' doesn't exist

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

I have searched through the forums and have seen similar problems but not exactly what I am experiencing.

I would love to use this contrib but I can not continue until... well, it works!

Please help!

Thanks in advance

James Tomasello

I have just installed this contib. and all seemed to go just fine untill I vivited the admin/categories.php page and I got this error.

1146 - Table 'mylocal_osc1.TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION' doesn't exist

select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status from products p, TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION pd, products_to_categories p2c where p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '0' order by pd.products_name

I have searched through the forums and have seen similar problems but not exactly what I am experiencing.

I would love to use this contrib but I can not continue until... well, it works!

Please help!

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem wth another contribution.

seems that OSC is case sensetve and that phpadmn does not like TABLE_ either.

if you or anyone knows how to rename tables in phpadmn that woud be the easiest way.

than all you have to do s go to your database and change the lower case products description to upper case preceeded with the word TABLE_. But that s not gong to work for you.

you need to find every nstance of TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION in your files and change it to products_descripton. That shoud fix t.

be carefull backup, backup I did and it saved my A@#$

hope this will do it for you.

I use the contr now and really love it, well worth the tme it took to install it

Mchael