• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

I would like to see an example too... Does somebody have any screenshots or links?

I use Attributes Sets Plus and Options as images. These two add ons are central to my osc store function. The lack of individual stock controll and the image that shows in the shopping cart are small gripes for something that works flawlessly.

You can see it at -

http://oztoys.com.au

I have incorporated over 85 contributions, including the above, into this site. The site is still being populated with product, the most time consuming of all, and at the same time adding flv audio descriptions to all products. If you are interested you can see and hear on this page, also has attributes and image options -

http://oztoys.com.au/product_info.php?pNam...truction-trucks

The other products in this category all have audio.

I use Attributes Sets Plus and Options as images. These two add ons are central to my osc store function. The lack of individual stock controll and the image that shows in the shopping cart are small gripes for something that works flawlessly.

You can see it at -

http://oztoys.com.au

I have incorporated over 85 contributions, including the above, into this site. The site is still being populated with product, the most time consuming of all, and at the same time adding flv audio descriptions to all products. If you are interested you can see and hear on this page, also has attributes and image options -

http://oztoys.com.au/product_info.php?pNam...truction-trucks

The other products in this category all have audio.

Thanks for your answer ;)

Best regards

Paul

[

OMG.. audio product descriptions.. WHY?!

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

Hey, I was wondering if someone can help me out.

I uploaded all of the contents of the 'catalog' folder of AttributeSetsPlus 1.3.1 into my catalog folder.

(This is my first ever installation of AttributeSetsPlus).

I then clicked on the "Attributes Sets" link in my admin area.

But when I do, I get this error:

"1146 - Table 'unitedk1_united.products_attributes_sets' doesn't exist

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from products_attributes_sets where 1 order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]"

If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

hey.. post this question in the general section too.. you might get more help there....just a thought.

A great place for newbies to start

Road Map to oscommerce File Structure

DO NOT PM ME FOR HELP. My time is valuable, unless i ask you to PM me, please dont. You will get better help if you post publicly. I am not as good at this as you think anyways!

HOWEVER, you can visit my blog (go to my profile to see it) and post a question there, i will find time to get back and answer you

Proud Memeber of the CODE BREAKERS CLUB!!

I now have this installed.. I added a few attributes... how do I link the link them with the products?

I think I understand now... Sometime I am confused with english.

Thanks Heather - it's nice to be appreciated sometimes! I do hope it saves you some time.

Have you tried easy populate with excel spreadsheets for your stock control - you can work wonders - it's a world away from struggling with the standard osc code.

Enjoy!

Hey, I was wondering if someone can help me out.

I uploaded all of the contents of the 'catalog' folder of AttributeSetsPlus 1.3.1 into my catalog folder.

(This is my first ever installation of AttributeSetsPlus).

I then clicked on the "Attributes Sets" link in my admin area.

But when I do, I get this error:

"1146 - Table 'unitedk1_united.products_attributes_sets' doesn't exist

select products_attributes_sets_id, products_attributes_sets_name from products_attributes_sets where 1 order by products_attributes_sets_name

[TEP STOP]"

If anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

I'm only guessing but it looks like you haven't put all the contribution code in correctly.

Looks like you need to define the table names - go check the install instructions on step 5 regarding database_tables.php

cheers

Chris.

For anyone still looking for screen shots of ASP there is a permanent example available here with explanation.

If the link below disappears for any reason then google 'linkmatics asp' and you will find it!

The page will provide you with:

1. Example screenshots of ASP

2. Code replacement to support editing of existing attributes sets (unsupported but I hear it works!)

3. Code to integrate ASP with Easy Populate (unsupported, and an older version of easypopulate, but those in the know will get the gist!)

http://portallink.linkmatics.com/aspscreenshots

Note: Support for this contribution is via the oscommerce forum only, this link is provided as a courtesy only and the code offered comes without any warranty whatsoever. Use at your own risk (as always!).

Edited by toasty

Another quick note for those seeking support - I have just realised why I was not getting emails about your posts (I think).

It looks like the board 'unsubscribes' me if the support thread gets no posts for 30 days....so we must have a really quiet summer!....and the code must be working!!

regards to all, Chris.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Chris

Had a basic question about your Atributes Set Plus contribution?

I am trying to figure out how to build an OS Commerce site that deals with digital downloads for Albums.

The idea is to have an album for sale as one item but also if needed to have all the individual tracks available for purchase individually if required.

A great example of this in practice is located at this store http://www.twisteddownloads.com

From what I can see of the standard OS commerce attributes settings, it is more geared up to things such as 'Colour' or 'Size' that would share similarities across multiple products.

In this case I need effectively a 'Sub Product' option where by the sub product is a part of the main product and can be purchased individually if required.

Please can you tell me if your contribution would allow me to achieve this goal?

Also this may be a bit off topic but I love the way the tables of products are drawn out on the shop I mentioned do you know how this can be achieved as I think this makes the look of this shop very different to the usual Shopping Cart style designs I see.

Hope you can help.

Kind regards

Will

Hi futura

I have answered below as best I can. My comments start ==>

The idea is to have an album for sale as one item but also if needed to have all the individual tracks available for purchase individually if required.

A great example of this in practice is located at this store http://www.twisteddownloads.com

From what I can see of the standard OS commerce attributes settings, it is more geared up to things such as 'Colour' or 'Size' that would share similarities across multiple products.

In this case I need effectively a 'Sub Product' option where by the sub product is a part of the main product and can be purchased individually if required.

Please can you tell me if your contribution would allow me to achieve this goal?

==> You imply yours does not have similarity across different products but it does.

EG:

You have one attribute: <Tracks>

Attibutes options are <name of track1>, <name of track 2>, <name of track 3>. Is this the best way of doing it - not sure - have to research a bit to conclude that.

Using standard osC and ASP you would be able to crate something like:

http://www.webspecsdirect.co.uk/product_in...c3b37dc2e0b05f7

...where Lens Choice = your Tracks and the drop list = your track titles with prices. You could display them as radio buttons (option types contribution) in a list (instead of the drop list). As a workaround you could make the master product zero priced and then have the first option as Whole Album - just a thought....

I think there is some sort of contribution out there already to support sub-products - worth a look at the contributions section

==> If you have any number of products I would HIGHLY recommend a stock control system outside osC (excel and easypopulate are a good place to start)as you have a lot of unique data with your requirements. I used a system like this to create my products with all attributes and options in a Master Catalog set in Excel and then it took a couple of minutes to shoot the whole lot into osC whenever I made any changes.

Also this may be a bit off topic but I love the way the tables of products are drawn out on the shop I mentioned do you know how this can be achieved as I think this makes the look of this shop very different to the usual Shopping Cart style designs I see.

==> Yes it can be achieved but I would have to take a little time to actually work out the easiest way for you (which I don't have! - I have to focus on fee payers to feed the kids - sorry!) If you have no display type contributions you could look for one - or if you are hands on php,html,css it's done fairly easily in product_info.php

hope that helps a little - good luck!

regards

Chris.

Hello Chris

Thnaks for your reply..

Thats very helpful information and certainly gives me some avenues to travel down and see what I find. I see your points about looking harder at how osc handles attributes and maybe my answer is already there.

I also understand about the value of peoples time and I dont seek a hand holding exercise as i like to learn but the pointers you have given here are a great help thank you :-)

Do you think that considering the requirements I have then your contribution Attribute Sets Plus will help me or do you think I should look for answers with what I already have within the standard osc installation?

I am assuming YES as this is one of the bullets in the Attributes Set Plus contribution write up:

" - Ability to add multiple attribute sets to a single product at a time. "

I understand this as - in my case rather than say ie a T SHirt being Orange, Pink and Yellow you have Album as T Shrt and Tracks as T SHirt Colours correct?

Whilst reading the forums it seems that the more contributions I add the more posibility of compatibility issues and contribution clashes can arrise. although reading the description of your contribution it would seem Atributes Set Plus could almost assist with this possibilty rather than hinder. I am intending in adding the super downloads plus contribution and possibley with a bit of tweaking to the product display as described in previous post.

Hearing your opinion on this would also be very helpful.

Kind regards

Will

Hello Chris

A bit more to add to my last post.

I have followed your advice and found one contribution that I think combined with yours will work. Following your advice it has been a very interesting learning experience for me. TY :-)

It seems that the original engine of os commerce only allows you to buy or select one attribute at a given time with a particular product and if we we took an album say with say 10 tracks you may like only three of the tracks. Thus it would be nice to buy all three at once. Correct me if I am wrong but I think Attribute Sets Plus Allows me to do this?

I have also found a contribution called grid attributes which i think would lay it all out in the way originally mentioned.

The last nut to crack is how to avoid the attributes either adding themselves to the listed product or subtracting themselves from the listed product. I did find a contribution that allowed you to multiply and divide but nothing to treat each attribute as an entirely seperate entity.

Your work around idea of having the main product set to zero then attributes with an actual ALBUM attribute then track 1, 2, 3, 4 is spot on and for them moment I think that will work.

Final question is on installation of your contribution. Here is the quote from your user guide:

Step 1: DATABASE

Use the file Linkmatics_AttributeSetsPlus_lct.sql to create new tables in the database.

No existing tables are alterred in the original osC schema and no existing data is effected.

When you execute the SQL in the AttributeSets_lct.sql file it will create three new custom tables.

products_attributes_sets

products_attributes_sets_elements

products_attributes_sets_to_products

Once the script has completed you must verify that the new tables have been created correctly.

Sorry to be so clueless but:

How do you execute AttributeSets_lct.sql?

How do you verify these these new tables have been created successfully? At a guess I would say you log into PHPmyAdmin and look at the database structure in there but I am not 100% sure.

Very much hope you dont mind all the questions.

Kind regards

Will

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Chris

A bit more to add to my last post.

I have followed your advice and found one contribution that I think combined with yours will work. Following your advice it has been a very interesting learning experience for me. TY :-)

It seems that the original engine of os commerce only allows you to buy or select one attribute at a given time with a particular product and if we we took an album say with say 10 tracks you may like only three of the tracks. Thus it would be nice to buy all three at once. Correct me if I am wrong but I think Attribute Sets Plus Allows me to do this?

I have also found a contribution called grid attributes which i think would lay it all out in the way originally mentioned.

The last nut to crack is how to avoid the attributes either adding themselves to the listed product or subtracting themselves from the listed product. I did find a contribution that allowed you to multiply and divide but nothing to treat each attribute as an entirely seperate entity.

Your work around idea of having the main product set to zero then attributes with an actual ALBUM attribute then track 1, 2, 3, 4 is spot on and for them moment I think that will work.

Final question is on installation of your contribution. Here is the quote from your user guide:

Step 1: DATABASE

Use the file Linkmatics_AttributeSetsPlus_lct.sql to create new tables in the database.

No existing tables are alterred in the original osC schema and no existing data is effected.

When you execute the SQL in the AttributeSets_lct.sql file it will create three new custom tables.

products_attributes_sets

products_attributes_sets_elements

products_attributes_sets_to_products

Once the script has completed you must verify that the new tables have been created correctly.

Sorry to be so clueless but:

How do you execute AttributeSets_lct.sql?

How do you verify these these new tables have been created successfully? At a guess I would say you log into PHPmyAdmin and look at the database structure in there but I am not 100% sure.

Very much hope you dont mind all the questions.

Kind regards

Will

Will

Hope you are making good progress. Copy and paste the SQL code into the 'SQL' text box (on the SQL tab) in phpmyadmin (or use the Browse button to load the file from your client) and click Go. Check by looking at the list of tables in your database. If you have the required tables then as we say in England 'Bob's your Uncle'....(if your not English then don't ask!)

cheers

Chris.

Hello,

Can anyone tell me whether Master Products (MS2) or QTpro - Quantity Tracking is compatible with ASP? Need to manage quantities of product with different sizes and colors?

Thank you.

ASP does not 'require' alteration the Core catalog code [there is an optional sort for catalog] and the manner of implementing the Admin code has not proven to conflict with any other package, provided the 'other' package behaves!

ASP does not alter any core database tables.

So....I don't the answer but considering osC's 'module unfriendly' architecture ASP is well behaved!

We have had no reports of conflicts caused by ASP so far.

cheers

Chris.

Edited by toasty

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

I just finished installing the contrib but in the product_attributes.php file when i want to add something im getting this error

1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

insert into products_attributes values (null, '85', '3', '12', '10', '+')

[TEP STOP]

Anyone know how to fix this i used the file from the contrib so it should be ok

Best regards Djunity

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris or anyone else who might have an answer,

I've just installed the Attribute Sets Plus contribution to a client's store. First I want to say thanks for this great contribution. It's just what my client needed. Everything has gone well with the install, except one small issue.... the attributes are not sorting correctly in the product page. I've gone back and checked and I did complete Step 6 of the install which retrieves the attributes and orders them according to the required sort order. I did a copy and paste from the install instructions to my product_info.php file, so I know I didn't mistype anything, and I'm not getting any error messages. Any thoughts on what might be the problem? I do have the Attribute Option Type contribution also installed.

Here's the code for Step 6 in my product_info.php file:

// BOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("

SELECT pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name,

pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix , pase.sort_order

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS . " pas2pa, " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS . " pas, " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_ELEMENTS . " pase, " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov

WHERE pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'

AND pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "'

AND pas2pa.products_id = pa.products_id

AND pas.products_attributes_sets_id = pas2pa.products_attributes_sets_id

AND pas.products_options_id = pa.options_id

AND pase.products_attributes_sets_id = pas.products_attributes_sets_id

AND pase.options_values_id = pa.options_values_id

AND pov.products_options_values_id = pa.options_values_id

AND pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'

ORDER BY pase.sort_order, pa.options_values_id");

// >>>>> BOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus patch v1.01

if (tep_db_num_rows($products_options_query)== 0 ) {

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("

SELECT pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name,

pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix , pa.options_values_id

FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " .

TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov

WHERE pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'

AND pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "'

AND pov.products_options_values_id = pa.options_values_id

AND pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'

ORDER BY pa.options_values_id");

}

// <<<<< EOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus patch v1.01

// EOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus

Thanks!

Sharon

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

[Hi,

Can I use standard osC and ASP to define and display some specifications like (see http://www.webspecsdirect.co.uk/product_in...c3b37dc2e0b05f7 )

Frame Features

Colour Shown: Crimson

Flexible Arm: N

Material: Metal

In Administartion menu I want to define some "Colour Shown" (Crimson/Red/Wood/Black) and I choose one colour through a combo-box, Flexible Arm: (No/Yes) and I choose Flexible Arm through a combo-box, Material: (Metal/Plastic) and I choose Material through a combo-box; and this 3 characteristic I want to group into one characteristic "Frame features"

Other example is

http://www.cel.ro/telefoane-mobile/telefon...samsung-l770-l/

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody tried modifng this contribution to work in a multylanguage store?

I guess that in the instalation part, every file modification of files having "english" in their paths, has to be done in the respective language file too..

But does one have to do anything else to make it work?

I look forward to your reply, and to installing this contribution :-D

I have tried installing this contribution several times. but with the same problem.

I have now tried installing on a completely new shop and it works, so i am pretty sure that i am doing something wrong with the manual configuration of a file..

i am just not sure what!

My shopping cart is ok, but when i proceed to the checkout_shipping.php i get a blank page..

The admin part seems to be just fine...

I have a couple of contributions in there allready, so maybe someone could help out?