• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attribute Sets Plus

toasty

I am having the same problem with the exact same code. If I restore the original code, the attributes are displayed (not in correct order though). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

This is a great contribution but I'm having an issue displaying the attributes.

Everything looks good in the admin panel but the display shows nothing on product_info.php.

<td class="main">Size:</td>
<td class="main"><select name="id[2]"></select></td>

Also, I tried to apply a single attribute without using attribute set and the same issue occured.

This is the code I had, which correctly displays the attributes:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

This is what I'm trying to replace it with:

// BOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus								  
	  $products_options_query = tep_db_query("
	  SELECT pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, 
		   pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix , pase.sort_order
		  FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . 
				TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_TO_PRODUCTS . " pas2pa, " . 
				TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS . " pas, " .
				TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES_SETS_ELEMENTS . " pase, " .
				TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov
				WHERE	  pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'		   
			AND pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "'
			AND pas2pa.products_id = pa.products_id
			AND pas.products_attributes_sets_id = pas2pa.products_attributes_sets_id
			AND pas.products_options_id = pa.options_id
			AND pase.products_attributes_sets_id = pas.products_attributes_sets_id
			AND pase.options_values_id = pa.options_values_id
			AND pov.products_options_values_id = pa.options_values_id
			AND pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
			ORDER BY pase.sort_order, pa.options_values_id"); 
				 // >>>>> BOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus patch v1.01
	   if (tep_db_num_rows($products_options_query)== 0 ) {
				   $products_options_query = tep_db_query("
		   SELECT pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name,
				  pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix , pa.options_values_id
			 FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " .
					  TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov
			 WHERE pa.products_id = '" . (int)$_GET['products_id'] . "'
			   AND pa.options_id = '" . $products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "'
			   AND pov.products_options_values_id = pa.options_values_id
			   AND pov.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'
			 ORDER BY pa.options_values_id");
	   }
	  // <<<<< EOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus patch v1.01	  
	  // EOF Linkmatics attributes sets plus

Any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by spiderweb

I am having the same problem with the exact same code. If I restore the original code, the attributes are displayed (not in correct order though). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This is a problem that appears on some systems - I have no idea why. If anyone has solved it or any clues I would love to hear how. I think the work around is that you use the original osCommerce code (not the Linkmatics code). If this works let me know. All you will lose (by not using the Linkmatics code) is the sorting of the attributes (well actually the original code sorts them by the record id; which translates to the order in which you enter the attributes into the system).

I have a suspicion it is to do with bad data (maybe multiple language entries?) in the database before adding ASP but cannot be sure - I have never had enough info. to identify the problem and do not currently believe there is anything wrong with the Linkmatics code. It is system specific.

If you would like to prove the point you could try it on a fresh osCommerce codebase and database (with single language support from the outset).

Hope that helps some.

regards

Chris.

I am having a small problem, I can't seem to find anything else similar in the thread so here it is.

When I go to |Attributes Sets| and then proceed to edit a set, when viewing the set they seem to come up in duplicates. If I delete the duplicate then it will delete both. However the attribute set seems to work fine in product_info. here is a screen capture.

screen1.jpg

Edited by kams912

Thanks

I also went back to the original code and its works now, you can replace the original code whit this code if you would like to have them sorted in order by price first, alphabet second.

Original:

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "');

Replace with this to correct sort order

$products_options_query = tep_db_query("select pov.products_options_values_id, pov.products_options_values_name, pa.options_values_price, pa.price_prefix, pa.products_attributes_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " pa, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS_VALUES . " pov where pa.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pa.options_id = '" . (int)$products_options_name['products_options_id'] . "' and pa.options_values_id = pov.products_options_values_id and pov.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'" . " order by pa.options_values_price, pa.products_attributes_id");

its works for me

I am having a small problem, I can't seem to find anything else similar in the thread so here it is.

When I go to |Attributes Sets| and then proceed to edit a set, when viewing the set they seem to come up in duplicates. If I delete the duplicate then it will delete both. However the attribute set seems to work fine in product_info. here is a screen capture.

screen1.jpg

Anyone? Please...

Anyone? Please...

ISSUE: MULTIPLE ENTRIES FOR THE SAME OPTIONS/ATTRIBUTES

This a common issue when you first install. This contribution is NOT multi-language compliant.

When you install osC the default is to have multiple languages, which means you get an entry for each enabled language.

FIX

Disable the multiple language in admin>localisation>languages and either delete the options/attributes and re-create (best option) OR remove the extra rows in the database if you know how (not advised if you don't know osC well!).

When you create new entries only single entries will be created for the single language.

regards

Chris.

• 2 weeks later...
An update for SORT ORDER on the sets themselves would be very very nice.

Is there any way to do this?

I'm having a pricing problem because of the order of the AS's are implementing. We sell items that have multiple AS's attached to them, one for length and one for material for example. The problem is that the material is applying before the length, the material is a percentage increase using Attribute Percentage V_1.0 contribution and the length is a fixed amount added to the base price so instead of an item pricing as:

$49.95+$15x170%=$175.37

I get

$49.95x170%+$15=$149.87

So is there any way to sort the order in which the AS's get applied or maybe another answer I haven't thought of?

Please help...

Tom

Hey guys,

I am having some trouble with this install....

I have followed all the directions to a T

and im not getting any database errors.... but the attributes sets button or section is not appearing in my admin section????

Can anyone suggest what i should do?

hello

thanks for this contribution - i'v used the original version before - now i've installed the Plus version - dont get any errors - just cant create any sets

when i try to create a set it tells me that 'Error: No option has been selected.' - even though i did select an option.

any idea why this is happening?

PS: i do not have the original version installed on the system i am currently working on - its a fresh install of the plus version - v1.01

Aloha:

I haven't even started yet, but am ready to do apply this as my first mod. I tried to follow the thread but 22 pages is alot....

My question is, can this mod be used with an Easy Upload mod to populate my products from a spreadsheet?

I would love to be able to import/export products with this mods attributes!

-Thanks for the hard work!

I never miss...

hello

thanks for this contribution - i'v used the original version before - now i've installed the Plus version - dont get any errors - just cant create any sets

when i try to create a set it tells me that 'Error: No option has been selected.' - even though i did select an option.

PS: i do not have the original version installed on the system i am currently working on - its a fresh install of the plus version - v1.01

anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
hello

ok - its been more than a week now - is there no one who can help me with this? what happened to the creator of this mod?

Hello Chris and anyone who is using this contribution

I haven'ttried this contribution yet, but the support you are providing to it, is amazing. Great work:)

Before I install your contribution i have a quick question to ask becousei'm looking for something which will allow me to multiply price of the product by the product attributes value (for example 20$ * 2 = 40$, where 20$ is price and 2 is product attribute value). I know it has something to do with the product attributes prefix but i cannot sort it out. I would apprieciate any help with this.

hubert

• 2 weeks later...

I have started to use this contribution, is there anyway that you can change the way they are displayed on the product page?

I have 6 attributes for most products and what i want to do is instead of having 6 all listed below each other i would like 2 columns of 3, is this possible?

I have started to use this contribution, is there anyway that you can change the way they are displayed on the product page?

I have 6 attributes for most products and what i want to do is instead of having 6 all listed below each other i would like 2 columns of 3, is this possible?

Yes its possible (anything is - almost!) but this contribution does not do it for you. This contribution helps you manage your attributes only (with a bit of sorting thrown in).

Presentation of the attributes is standard osCommerce. Maybe if you have a look in the contributions you might find something to help, alternatively it is a question of presenting the data in product_info.php as you wish to see it which requires HTML knowledge more than anything else.

good luck

Chris.

I need this contrib soooo bad but I get this error when importing the sql:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1067 - Invalid default value for 'products_options_id'

Hello,

I have been using the contrib for a few months and it works great! However I would like to use this contrib to handle services that I sell such as installing connectors on the ends of coax as well. The problem is that when you apply an attribute to a line item it adds the amount listed for each item ordered.

Currently it works like this :

100' coax @ $.55 = $ 55.00

service ends @ $5.00 = $500.00

Total $555.00

I would like for it to apply it like this :

100' coax @ $.55 = $55.00

service ends @ $5.00 = $ 5.00

Total $60.00

I would like to be able to add an each field in the table products_attributes_sets that when checked would apply the attribute to each item ordered and when left unchecked would apply only once to that line item. Has anyone tried this already or can you offer any insight into adding this to the contrib?

Thanks!

Still having the same error with this. I need help :). I would love to add this contrib, well I need to or else I can't get up the rest of my products.

Arg, posted twice

Edited by jaide

hmmm. That should'nt happen - If you are using phpMyAdmin have you tried pasting the code into the sql box rather than importing?

...and have you sanity checked the SQL file - it is most likely to be something obvious.

If you are still stuck paste the code here to see if anything blaringly obvious is your problem.

regards

Chris.

hmmm. That should'nt happen - If you are using phpMyAdmin have you tried pasting the code into the sql box rather than importing?

...and have you sanity checked the SQL file - it is most likely to be something obvious.

If you are still stuck paste the code here to see if anything blaringly obvious is your problem.

regards

Chris.

Just tried pasting in the code, didn't work.

Not too good with SQL file so I don't know what you mean by "sanity checked"

Here's the code

# The 'drop table' commands should only be uncommented if your are re-installing
# attributes sets plus for any reason. For a first time install they are not required.

#  drop table products_attributes_sets;
 CREATE TABLE products_attributes_sets (
  products_attributes_sets_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  products_attributes_sets_name varchar(50) NOT NULL default '',
  products_options_id int (11) NOT NULL default '',
  PRIMARY KEY  (products_attributes_sets_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

#  drop table products_attributes_sets_to_products;
 CREATE TABLE products_attributes_sets_to_products (
  products_attributes_sets_to_products int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  products_attributes_sets_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  products_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (products_attributes_sets_to_products)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

#  drop table products_attributes_sets_elements;
 CREATE TABLE products_attributes_sets_elements (
  products_attributes_sets_elements_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
	products_attributes_sets_id int(11) NOT NULL,
	  options_values_id int(11) NOT NULL,
  options_values_price decimal (15,4) NOT NULL default '0.00',
  price_prefix char(1) NOT NULL default '+',
  sort_order int(11) NOT NULL default '1',
  PRIMARY KEY  (products_attributes_sets_elements_id)
  ) TYPE=MyISAM;

#  The next instruction is for removal of the sort column if you have the old attributsets contribution.
#  Uncomment the line below if you wish to use this.

# ALTER TABLE products_attributes DROP COLUMN sort_order;

Edited by jaide