Sign in to follow this  
adam_gardner

installed special scroll contrib - help needed please!

hi there, ok the easiest way to show you what I mean is to visit my demo shop - www.lumoslighting.co.uk/test

as you can see, i've installed the scrolling specials contrib (on the right hand side) but it's not bringing up the title

i've included the relevant parts of my includes/english.php file and the code for the infobox ( includes/boxes/scroll_right.php )

please let me know if you need any more info

thanks for your help!

adam

English.php

// specials box text in includes/boxes/specials.php
define('BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS_SCROLL', 'Specials');

Scroll_Right.php

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

$rp_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_image, s.specials_new_products_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = s.products_id and pd.products_id = s.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.status = '1' order by s.specials_date_added desc");
 if (tep_db_num_rows($rp_query)) {
?>
<!-- specials //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
$info_box_contents = array();

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

while ($random_product = tep_db_fetch_array($rp_query)) {
$rp .= '<center><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product["products_id"]) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br><s>' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br><span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($random_product['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($random_product['products_tax_class_id']));
$rp .= "</SPAN><BR />";
}

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
							 'text' => '<MARQUEE behavior= "scroll" align= "center" direction= "up" height="70" scrollamount= "1" scrolldelay= "5" onmouseover=\'this.stop()\' onmouseout=\'this.start()\'>'.$rp.'</span></MARQUEE>');

new infoBox($info_box_contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- specials_eof //-->
<?php
 }
?>

Hi Adam,

Add this code

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_SPECIALS_SCROLL);

above this code

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS));

That should sort it out.

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Hi Adam,

PHP is a learning curve like everything else, your problem was easy to solve because all I did was compare your code against any other box.

Glad you got it working!

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!