• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Card no Show fix

montytx

I have 3 sites running and none of them show Credit card info ever in mysql or OSC. These shops have been running 6-12 mos, so I have several hundred orders that repeat the pattern. There is a claim that an .htaccess fix may help but it has not been verified by anyone. Can someone tell me if this has been fixed? I do not think it is an MSI bug b/c all my orders have no data and while MSI has a large percentage of the market I would expect at least a few orders to show data, but none do.

I have 3 sites running and none of them show Credit card info ever in mysql or OSC. These shops have been running 6-12 mos, so I have several hundred orders that repeat the pattern. There is a claim that an .htaccess fix may help but it has not been verified by anyone. Can someone tell me if this has been fixed? I do not think it is an MSI bug b/c all my orders have no data and while MSI has a large percentage of the market I would expect at least a few orders to show data, but none do.

If you have your site as secured thru some ssl then only you can collect the CC details and store it in the data base.For that you can use the Paypal VT that paypal has launched recently where you can collect data at your secured site.

But considering the security issues allowing details like CC to be collected and showed on the customer browser will lead to CC beibng stolen so showing that data is not recommended basically the CC data collected is for refund and other purpose.

If still you want then you can modify your code so that a client can find his CC number on the payment form.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

If you have your site as secured thru some ssl then only you can collect the CC details and store it in the data base.For that you can use the Paypal VT that paypal has launched recently where you can collect data at your secured site.

But considering the security issues allowing details like CC to be collected and showed on the customer browser will lead to CC beibng stolen so showing that data is not recommended basically the CC data collected is for refund and other purpose.

If still you want then you can modify your code so that a client can find his CC number on the payment form.

Satish

THe problem is the data is not stored in mysql. When I need to process refunds with authorize.net I have to have the customers info to proceed ( at least I have to have the cc expiration). So for every refund I have to call the customer and get thier cc info. It is a slow and manual process.

THe problem is the data is not stored in mysql. When I need to process refunds with authorize.net I have to have the customers info to proceed ( at least I have to have the cc expiration). So for every refund I have to call the customer and get thier cc info. It is a slow and manual process.

Well unless you get an SSL you will not be able to collect CC.Get SSL from a branded service provider and then use Paypal VT or integrate with authorize.net thru AIM(advance integration method) in both cases you will be allowed to keep CC details.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Well unless you get an SSL you will not be able to collect CC.Get SSL from a branded service provider and then use Paypal VT or integrate with authorize.net thru AIM(advance integration method) in both cases you will be allowed to keep CC details.

Satish

Maybe you didnt read my first post. I have 3 sites. My main site has its own SSL. My other 2 have a shared SSL with my ISP. None of the sites collect any data from CCs. It is obivously a bug with OSC. I just cant believe no one is bothering to fix it.