• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Germans can't see my website?

All you need to do to emulate what a German visitor sees is to go to Tools --> Internet Options --> add the German language and move it to the top of the list - and then your browser will try to load the German version (don't forget to set it back to English afterwards).

Unfortunately, when I did that I just got a blank page.

Vger

All you need to do to emulate what a German visitor sees is to go to Tools --> Internet Options --> add the German language and move it to the top of the list - and then your browser will try to load the German version (don't forget to set it back to English afterwards).

Unfortunately, when I did that I just got a blank page.

Vger

Vger,

Thanks for that. I can now confirm that the site indeed is blank for Germans. Any idea why and or how to solve? Is this normal?

Hello all;

My German customers say they can't see my website. Is this possible? What are they doing over there in Germany?

I thought was just one customer in Germany but now none of them can see it.

Any germans here that can tell me please;

http://www.wholesale.misterbling.com

thanks.

French doesn't work either. Hungarian however works. Trying French a second time and... now it works.

You fixed it or there is magic.

Howard - it was magic - I didn't fix anything.

Vger

First - the language folders should physically all be present in your domain, otherwise you would see an error. But did you uninstall them from your osC admin panel?

Vger

Vger,

Thanks for that. I can now confirm that the site indeed is blank for Germans. Any idea why and or how to solve? Is this normal?

Wow! That was weird. I made one post, posted it to the board, and then replied to a second post and the two ended up posted together. Looks like the board is having an identity problem.

Vger

Wonder if I can make it four posts in one?

Vger

Let's go for five?

Vger

Howard - it was magic - I didn't fix anything.

Vger

First - the language folders should physically all be present in your domain, otherwise you would see an error. But did you uninstall them from your osC admin panel?

Vger

Wow! That was weird. I made one post, posted it to the board, and then replied to a second post and the two ended up posted together. Looks like the board is having an identity problem.

Vger

Wonder if I can make it four posts in one?

Vger

Let's go for five?

Vger

Wow, a lot of email message threads this is generating :D

Could it be something with the hosts configuration ?

When I tried German, and French for the first time, and looked at the little page source there was from the blank page it said

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="de">

and

<html dir="LTR" lang="fr">

The second time I tried French it said

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

For my own shop I have only dutch and english language directories but have no problems with other browser languages coming in.

You're a provider owner girl and you know if that can be the case but maybe it is something completely different..

Archived