• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AttributesWizzard

lalelunet

Hi, Thomas,

Excellent contribution! Just one quick question:

Everything works okay EXCEPT when I try to do input new option value in the original Products Attributes panel, the change I make does not flow into Attribute Wizard!!

May I know if there I have done anything wrong? Obviously, changes I made in Attribute Wizard flows perfectly into the original Products Attributes but just not vice versa!

Thanks a lot!

Ken

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, Thomas,

Excellent contribution! Just one quick question:

Everything works okay EXCEPT when I try to do input new option value in the original Products Attributes panel, the change I make does not flow into Attribute Wizard!!

May I know if there I have done anything wrong? Obviously, changes I made in Attribute Wizard flows perfectly into the original Products Attributes but just not vice versa!

Thanks a lot!

Ken

This is correct. The AW distribution use a seperate table in the database to save attributes/options. If you add a option with the original admin it will be placed in the original table from the database. ALL existing entries in the original table will be DELETED and reinsert from AW!!! Do not use the original admin funktion when you use AW.

BTW: Thanks for your compliment. A lot of fun with AW.....

Greetings Thomas

• 1 month later...

hi thomas,

die contib funktioniert soweit prima - gut gemacht :-)

einziger haken an der sache: die in deiner attributsliste vergebenen preise weden nicht richtig ?bernommen.

konkret speichert und zeigt er sie in deinen listen an, in der "alten" attributsliste stehen die preise aber nach wie vor mit "0" drinne. wenn ich die artikel im shop mit entsprechender liste ausw?hle, wird auch immer nur der standardpreis verwendet, kein optionspreis. by the way: sind deine optionspreise zzgl. (also +) zu verstehen oder sind es fix gesamtpreise?

danke dir f?r deine hilfe,

gru? thomas

[price-attribut changes don't effect prices in old product_attributes and aren't taken into the shop products. they are only shown in the contrib but the 'normal' shop or admin-functions won't act with them.

can anybody help with it?]

• 2 weeks later...
hi thomas,

die contib funktioniert soweit prima - gut gemacht :-)

einziger haken an der sache: die in deiner attributsliste vergebenen preise weden nicht richtig ?bernommen.

konkret speichert und zeigt er sie in deinen listen an, in der "alten" attributsliste stehen die preise aber nach wie vor mit "0" drinne. wenn ich die artikel im shop mit entsprechender liste ausw?hle, wird auch immer nur der standardpreis verwendet, kein optionspreis. by the way: sind deine optionspreise zzgl. (also +) zu verstehen oder sind es fix gesamtpreise?

danke dir f?r deine hilfe,

gru? thomas

[price-attribut changes don't effect prices in old product_attributes and aren't taken into the shop products. they are only shown in the contrib but the 'normal' shop or admin-functions won't act with them.

can anybody help with it?]

Are the language settings from your shop correct? AW works currently with only one language. Check also that all Mysql orders are correct performed. Take a look at your tables.

The prices that AW save are net without tax. So you can use every tax rate you want with your shop.

Btw.: Da der Gro?teil der user nur englisch kann habe ich die Antwort....

So habe ich die Hoffnung mal eine Frage nicht immer drei mal zu beantworten... :D

Ich tippe auf ein Einstellungsproblem mit den Sprachen.

Greetings Thomas

I have two questions please....... For the multi language, I need it to work with FRENCH, not English German or Spanish. What is the number needed ?

And also to the multi lang function; is there going to be a multi lang function any time soon...?

• 4 weeks later...

Good Day - sort of stuck here. This contrib is exactly what I need but I've run into a database problem

As mentioned in the database file, there is an error response when attempting to execute the file so I went on to follow the suggestion to query each separate - here's what I get with the first part:

Query:

ALTER TABLE `products_options` CHANGE `products_options_id` `products_options_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

ALTER TABLE `products_options_values` CHANGE `products_options_values_id` `products_options_values_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `language_id` INT( 3 ) NOT NULL AFTER `products_attributes_id`

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `sort_order` INT( 6 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_options` ADD `sort_order` INT( 6 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

Error Response:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER TABLE `products_options_values` CHANGE `products_options_values_id` `produ' at line 3

I am not proficient at SQL so would some kind soul advise how I can fix this?

Thank you very very much!!

Good Day - sort of stuck here. This contrib is exactly what I need but I've run into a database problem

As mentioned in the database file, there is an error response when attempting to execute the file so I went on to follow the suggestion to query each separate - here's what I get with the first part:

Query:

ALTER TABLE `products_options` CHANGE `products_options_id` `products_options_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

ALTER TABLE `products_options_values` CHANGE `products_options_values_id` `products_options_values_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `language_id` INT( 3 ) NOT NULL AFTER `products_attributes_id`

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `sort_order` INT( 6 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_options` ADD `sort_order` INT( 6 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

Error Response:

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ALTER TABLE `products_options_values` CHANGE `products_options_values_id` `produ' at line 3

I am not proficient at SQL so would some kind soul advise how I can fix this?

Thank you very very much!!

This error-message mostly occures when something is wrong with the query. Something like a missing quote or similar. From the first part run every line as a single query. So you can ascertain in with line the error occures. You can also try to replace back-quotes with quotes or let them away

(from `products_attributes` to 'products_attributes' or products_attributes)....

If this not work post the line here in with the error occures

Regards Thomas

Greetings Thomas

• 3 weeks later...
I have two questions please....... For the multi language, I need it to work with FRENCH, not English German or Spanish. What is the number needed ?

And also to the multi lang function; is there going to be a multi lang function any time soon...?

Sorry for my late answer. I overlook your post...

:-"

Take a look in your database. There you will find the table languages. The number you search you will find in language_id where name is Frensh.

There is no active development at this contribution in the moment. Maybe I find some time to add some more features like multi-language f.e. but the next time my work needs all my free time.....

Greetings Thomas

Are the language settings from your shop correct? AW works currently with only one language. Check also that all Mysql orders are correct performed. Take a look at your tables.

The prices that AW save are net without tax. So you can use every tax rate you want with your shop.

Btw.: Da der Gro?teil der user nur englisch kann habe ich die Antwort....

So habe ich die Hoffnung mal eine Frage nicht immer drei mal zu beantworten... :D

Ich tippe auf ein Einstellungsproblem mit den Sprachen.

hi thomas,

thanks for your replay. now it works - just forgot to update the new settings ;-)

good luck,

thomas

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed it and it's working. I adjusted it a bit, I don't wanna use the dropdown boxes for example, I only wanted to add attributes to product.

But, still have a problem.....

How can I make a search option, that's looking for the attributes. I'm filling 3 fields (changed it a bit) so I give it a name (normal attribute name) then I've got two other fields instead of 'kommentar'. I only use this contribution so I can simply add attributes to product to search for.

Now I wanna make a search option like this page: http://www.pma-mobile.com/html/ASP/marken.asp?LG=D

but.... how? :P

I can extract the manufacturers for example, but how can I make links of it and then search with those attributes?

somebody any idea?

I'm stuck, I didn't see this anywhere else in this forum.

when I click on "Products options" I get this message.

"SQL inquiry is invalid. Unknown column 'alle' in 'field list'"

any thoughts on how I could fix this?

Thanks.

jon jackson

jon -a- crossoverts.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have installed Attributes Wizzard, but now Catalog has dissappeared from my admin section, the following error occurs:

Parse error: parse error in /var/virtual/web/w1193/html/catalog/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 35

This is the text on line 35:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTES . '</a>');

......what am I doing wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone!

Sorry about two posts in a row but I should clarify - catalog does exist in the admin section, but when I click in there is no way of accessing attributes.

Also here is my code in full:

<?php

/*

$Id: catalog.php,v 1.21 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

<!-- catalog //-->

<tr>

<td>

<?php

$heading = array();

$contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,

'link' => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {

$contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link('easypopulate.php', '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">Easy Populate</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a><br>');

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GLOBAL_PRICES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_GLOBAL_PRICES . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTES . '</a>');

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);

?>

</td>

</tr>

<!-- catalog_eof //-->

Hey all I fixed the last problem but now I have a new error when I try to use the ATTACH function :

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/virtual/web/w1193/html/catalog/admin/global_attribute_update.php on line 287

(please note that I'm on a shared server so "/var/virtual/web/w1193/html" is a path to my account.)

line 287 is :

foreach($namensliste as $key => $value){

and the following is the full page code:

error page

IF YOU USE THE "FIND " FUNCTION IN YOUR BROWSER - LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING TEXT (ITS IS IN RED):

thanks for any help anyone might be able to give!

Hey all I fixed the last problem but now I have a new error when I try to use the ATTACH function :

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/virtual/web/w1193/html/catalog/admin/global_attribute_update.php on line 287

(please note that I'm on a shared server so "/var/virtual/web/w1193/html" is a path to my account.)

line 287 is :

and the following is the full page code:

error page

IF YOU USE THE "FIND " FUNCTION IN YOUR BROWSER - LOOK FOR THE FOLLOWING TEXT (ITS IS IN RED):

thanks for any help anyone might be able to give!

This looks like you do not have a options list. This error occured because of AW does not find any options-list in the database.

Did you create a options-list?

Check that the language settings in the config file are correct.

This bug I had to repear this century.....

Greetings Thomas

Greetings Thomas

I've installed this and everything seems to be working ok, except for one thing. The sort order on the options seems to have no effect on how the options are sorted on the product listing. They just seem to be appearing in random order.

Edited by ElephantRider

• 3 weeks later...
This could be a problem with the positioning of the links.

You can send me your admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php with mail and I will take a look.

I have the same problem as AWA. The Configuration Box is the only box displaying. What do I need to do?

I have the same problem as AWA. The Configuration Box is the only box displaying. What do I need to do?

Actually, I figured it out. It was a syntax problem (. instead of ;).

But, I have another problem. All the other boxes are back, but the Catalog box only displays a capital A. Help!

Actually, I figured it out. It was a syntax problem.

But, I have another problem. All the other boxes are back, but the Catalog box only displays a capital A. No choices appear under Catalog. Help!

(Sorry for the double post.)

Edited by kamusicman

First of all, sorry for the frequent posts above. I just started from scratch, i.e. a clean OSC install, and everything's good.

I was wondering, however, if it's possible to assign an options list to specific choices in another option list. Here's an example:

Let's say I'm selling one style of pants. With waist size 32, the inseam choices are 33, 34, and 35. With waist size 34, the inseam choices are 35, 36, and 37. Is it possible when the customer chooses waist size 32, the inseam options show only 33, 34, 35, and not 35, 36, 37?

If not, is there another contribute that does this? Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I need some help with this one. I have added a list and attached it to several products, BUT . . . It doesn't show up in my store. No attributes at all. Is there something obvious I'm missing here?

Thank you all,

~Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Thomas,

I love this contribution and it has saved me literally hundreds of hours of work. Excellent Job! However I have one problem:

Everything works perfect EXCEPT when I add a new option value in the original Products Attributes panel. It stays, but only until I click save in AW then everything gets overwritten.

You had posted:

The AW distribution use a seperate table in the database to save attributes/options. If you add a option with the original admin it will be placed in the original table from the database. ALL existing entries in the original table will be DELETED and reinsert from AW!!! Do not use the original admin funktion when you use AW.

So I now understand what's going on. Before I just wondered where my attribute went!!! ;)

My problem is that I sell 1 item which allows the user to enter custom text which will appear on the item. I use the Option Type contribution to do this and it works fine for my needs.

Note: this is 1 option on 1 product and the only way I can see to do it is through the orginal Products Attributes panel.

Is there anyway to manually insert this into the database so your contrib won't erase it? or maybe someway to lock that one row after it's added so it doesn't get overwritten? There has to be someway around this, right? please? I only need 1 product to do this.

Thank you!