The e-commerce.

AttributesWizzard

lalelunet

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there

I installed your contribution, but get the German error message when I select either Manage Price Lists or Product Options in Admin -> Catalog. I have seen in the posts above that one reason for this is putting the wrong username etc. I am certain I have put the right details, and (bearing in mind my extremely limited knowledge of all things to do with website design etc) I am at a loss to understand why I get this error mesage.

Just to confirm,

i) do I put the 'www' and '.com' in the localhost (line 126)?

ii) should the word true (line 130) be in double quotes?

iii) should my username and password be those I have with my hosting company?

Many thanks.

Bob.

The only german text that is left in the script describes database errors. In this fact there is just a problem with your settings.

1. The localhost entry is the address from your database server. The most hosting providers use 'localhost'

If localhost is not working for you ask your provider after the address from the Mysql server

2. No

3. Yes. The username and password from your Mysql database that you are using with your shop.

All of these settings you will find in your existing shop in catalog/includes/configure.php

Greetings Thomas

The only german text that is left in the script describes database errors. In this fact there is just a problem with your settings.

1. The localhost entry is the address from your database server. The most hosting providers use 'localhost'

If localhost is not working for you ask your provider after the address from the Mysql server

2. No

3. Yes. The username and password from your Mysql database that you are using with your shop.

All of these settings you will find in your existing shop in catalog/includes/configure.php

Thank you very much!!! Rather than the word "localhost", I put the name of my website. I have changed it and now it works perfectly.

Bob.

Just use AttributesWizzard.....

:lol:

Here you will find a documentation

I have installed the attributewizard . IN my OS admin I see "Preislisten verwalten" When I click on it I get the next error message "Datenbankverbindung nicht m?glich!" when I click on Produktzus?tze I get the next error message "Preise aendern Datenbankverbindung nicht m?glich!"

any help please ?

I have installed the attributewizard . IN my OS admin I see "Preislisten verwalten" When I click on it I get the next error message "Datenbankverbindung nicht m?glich!" when I click on Produktzus?tze I get the next error message "Preise aendern Datenbankverbindung nicht m?glich!"

any help please ?

You had to edit the main.inc.php from AW.

There you had to insert your database settings (host, username, passwd, etc)

Greetings Thomas

You had to edit the main.inc.php from AW.

There you had to insert your database settings (host, username, passwd, etc)

I fixed that as

class db_accountdata {

var $host = "localhost";

var $user = "carolin1";

var $pass = "tweety10";

var $datenbank = "carolin1_p_os1";

var $link = true;

}

I get the next errors

Parse error: parse error in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/main.inc.php on line 125

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/global_attribute_update.php on line 510

Parse error: parse error in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/main.inc.php on line 125

any solution ?

I fixed that as

class db_accountdata {

var $host = "localhost";

var $user = "carolin1";

var $pass = "tweety10";

var $datenbank = "carolin1_p_os1";

var $link = true;

}

I get the next errors

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/global_attribute_update.php on line 510

any solution ?

Is that your real username/password? If so, I would edit it right away to hide them.

Hello, I have a problem with this contribution.

This screenshot will explain:-

http://www.xanfis.com/images/1.jpg

As you can see, the options are being displayed twice in the drop-down box.

It seems that there is a problem with the language settings.

Please make shure to use the latest version from AW where you can download here

Greetings Thomas

Where are the instruction for that ?

The instructions are in the package that you can download here

You should read the 'SETUP' file......

<_<

Make shure to use the latest version (downloadlink).

There are some changes and bug fixes.

Greetings Thomas

The instructions are in the package that you can download here

You should read the 'SETUP' file......

<_<

Make shure to use the latest version (downloadlink).

There are some changes and bug fixes.

I fixed that .

when I try to hit the add price list I get the next error

Any Idea why ?

Warning: fopen(1132336933.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/price_update.php on line 154

products-ID product name price in dollar

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/price_update.php on line 175

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/price_update.php on line 175

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/price_update.php on line 178

I fixed that .

when I try to hit the add price list I get the next error

Any Idea why ?

Warning: fopen(1132336933.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/carolin1/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/price_update.php on line 154

products-ID product name price in dollar

*snip*

I upload a fix for this problem.

Download version 0.14 and read the UPDATE file to resolve this problem.

Greetings Thomas

Is it possible to sort the order in which the sets themselves appear in product_info.php with this contribution?

I currently use attributes sets plus, but it doesnt allow me to do that. they appear in alphabetic order and the only solution I found was to number the options so they would show up in order.

exemple:

1- Processor:

2- Case:

3- Motherboard:

otherwise it will show up like this:

Case

Motherboard

Processor

Is it possible to sort the order in which the sets themselves appear in product_info.php with this contribution?

I currently use attributes sets plus, but it doesnt allow me to do that. they appear in alphabetic order and the only solution I found was to number the options so they would show up in order.

exemple:

1- Processor:

2- Case:

3- Motherboard:

Case

Motherboard

Processor

This function is already included but there is no grafical interface to manage the sorting from the options.

You can use f.e. phpMyAdmin and edit the database by hand to set the sort order.

Edit the table global_options in your shop. There you will find a field with the name 'sort_order'. There you can insert numbers like you know it already from the options-lists in AttributeWizzard. (AW must be installed)

A documentation from AttributesWizzard you will find here

Greetings Thomas

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I've installed AttributesWizzard today, and it seems to be in there okay, except when I click on the options to add/change attributes in the catalog section of my admin, I get this error:

Datenbankverbindung nicht m?glich! Did I miss a language file somewhere? Apologies, but German is one of the languages I can't understand a word of. Thanks in advance!!

I spoke too soon. It's all in there and I'm adding product attributes, but when I click the save button in the Product Options page (the one in the orange box), I get this on the next page: "SQL Abfrage ist ung?ltig. Duplicate entry '0' for key 1", and my products have no attributes.

Let me guess, more messing with phpmyadmin?

I spoke too soon. It's all in there and I'm adding product attributes, but when I click the save button in the Product Options page (the one in the orange box), I get this on the next page: "SQL Abfrage ist ung?ltig. Duplicate entry '0' for key 1", and my products have no attributes.

Let me guess, more messing with phpmyadmin?

It seems that you forget to execute the orders from the file database.txt.

In some versions from Mysql you had to execute the first 5 orders seperate. If you try to execute all 5 orders at one time you will receive a errormessage after the first line and the four others are missing.

ALTER TABLE `products_options` CHANGE `products_options_id` `products_options_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

ALTER TABLE `products_options_values` CHANGE `products_options_values_id` `products_options_values_id` INT( 11 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `language_id` INT( 3 ) NOT NULL AFTER `products_attributes_id`

ALTER TABLE `products_attributes` ADD `sort_order` INT( 6 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

ALTER TABLE `products_options` ADD `sort_order` INT( 6 ) DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;

Just execute every of the above lines in your phpMyAdmin in a single step. This should fix your problem.

Greetings Thomas

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE(WEB11 @ Nov 19 2005, 07:53 PM)

exemple:

1- Processor:

2- Case:

3- Motherboard:

Case

Motherboard

Processor

This function is already included but there is no grafical interface to manage the sorting from the options.

You can use f.e. phpMyAdmin and edit the database by hand to set the sort order.

Edit the table global_options in your shop. There you will find a field with the name 'sort_order'. There you can insert numbers like you know it already from the options-lists in AttributeWizzard. (AW must be installed)

Ok I went to global_options and the sort order for each of the lists was set at 50. I changed them to 1,5,10,15,20,25 as I wanted them sorted in the store and saved it via phpMyAdmin, however there was NO difference in the store. It still sorts the lists in alphabetical order in the store.

Any ideas?

Ok I went to global_options and the sort order for each of the lists was set at 50. I changed them to 1,5,10,15,20,25 as I wanted them sorted in the store and saved it via phpMyAdmin, however there was NO difference in the store. It still sorts the lists in alphabetical order in the store.

Any ideas?

Sorry. I forgot to told you that you had to change a sql-query in your product_info.php file too. Open the file product_info.php and search this block (about line ~130):

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.products_options_name");

Replace the 'order-by' option from popt.products_options_name with popt.sort_order as you can see below.

$products_options_name_query = tep_db_query("select distinct popt.products_options_id, popt.products_options_name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_OPTIONS . " popt, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . " patrib where patrib.products_id='" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and patrib.options_id = popt.products_options_id and popt.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by popt.sort_order");

Then the options will be sorted after your sort_order entries....

Greetings Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

hi..

i have some problem with the administrator panel, after installed the contribution, all menu items disapear exept the configuration item. it show his options but nothing work. i folow the setup intructions step by step and install it 2 times but with the same result.

Hint if i disable the 2 lines add in the shop/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

its backs to work, of course without the contribution goodies.....

Thanks a lot.. soo sorry for my greet english....

hi..

i have some problem with the administrator panel, after installed the contribution, all menu items disapear exept the configuration item. it show his options but nothing work. i folow the setup intructions step by step and install it 2 times but with the same result.

Hint if i disable the 2 lines add in the shop/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php

its backs to work, of course without the contribution goodies.....

Thanks a lot.. soo sorry for my greet english....

This could be a problem with the positioning of the links.

You can send me your admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php with mail and I will take a look.

Greetings Thomas