osCommerce

The e-commerce.

AttributesWizzard

lalelunet

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is there an example? (pics or something?) i'm not 100% sure i know what this does..

There are no screenshot available in the moment. I try to write a doc and make some pictures next week. In the moment I do not have much free time......

In the MS2.2 shop there is already a admin function to add products options.

I try to explain it with a small example.....

You sell t-shirts in your shop. Your customers should be able to select the color from the shirt.

With the original admin function you had only the possibility to add every color as a single entry and if you had more than one t-shirt where the color should be selectable you had to repeat these steps with every t-shirt.......

With this hack you can define one list of colors. If the list is complete you can select the t-shirts which should have the option to select the color. With one klick you are able to setup a color option f.e. 50 t-shirts at once.

If there will be another color available some time later you just had to add this color to the color-list and after saving all 50 t-shirts are updated......

I hope this explication ist understandable. My English is not the best ....

Greetings Thomas

this sounds like what i've been looking for :)

to make sure i understand you clearly, please confirm if i understand:

i have t-shirts i'm selling. each product has a selection of sizes (some small, medium, large - others large, x-large and xx-large)

all i would have to do to assign the sizes to new products is select a pre-defined pull-down?

what do i do with shirts that have mixed sizes (as stated in my example above)?

would this contribution over-write my current product sizes, or will it preserve all item sizes until i edit the product, then i have to revert to the new attributes format?

this sounds like what i've been looking for :)

to make sure i understand you clearly, please confirm if i understand:

i have t-shirts i'm selling. each product has a selection of sizes (some small, medium, large - others large, x-large and xx-large)

all i would have to do to assign the sizes to new products is select a pre-defined pull-down?

what do i do with shirts that have mixed sizes (as stated in my example above)?

would this contribution over-write my current product sizes, or will it preserve all item sizes until i edit the product, then i have to revert to the new attributes format?

confirm.....

:)

Just define some lists you need.

list1: small - medium - large

list2: small - medium - large -xxl

list3: what - ever - you - want

and so on.

Then assign products to each list. This can be done on a overview of products just by a click on a checkbox.

You are able to define as much lists (predifined select fields) as you want

This contributuion overwrites all existing product options at the moment you click on the "Save Button"!!!

Before saving nothing happend to your existing options. Make a backup of your database before you test this contribution!!......

Greetings Thomas

Hi there,

Does this contribution work with QTpro?

Dyno66

I have no idea if this contribution(s) works together with my hack or not.

Try it out and told us what happend......

Sorry for this unsatisfying answery but my free time is very rare at the moment and I can not test my hack against more than 2500 existing contributions.....

If there is a problem with my hack and an other contribution post it in this support thread and I try to fix the problem......

Btw.: Before testing a backup was not a bad idea..... ;)

Will this contribution work on a site with contribution "New Attribute Manager" and "Option Type Feature v1-4 by Chandra Roukema"?

Thanks

I have no idea if this contribution(s) works together with my hack or not.

Try it out and told us what happend......

Sorry for this unsatisfying answery but my free time is very rare at the moment and I can not test my hack against more than 2500 existing contributions.....

If there is a problem with my hack and an other contribution post it in this support thread and I try to fix the problem......

Btw.: Before testing a backup was not a bad idea..... ;)

Edited by lalelunet

Greetings Thomas

Hiya, I just installed ur hack and found my "Catalog" section of the administration panel can not display. I followed the instructions step by step and checked several times but still doubt whats wrong. Any help please!

Edited by jwen

I think its nothing to do with the AttributesWizzard contribution because the problem relied on the admin/categories.php file. Displays any other sections (under 'Catalog' of admin panel) is fine (including 'Manage Price Lists' and 'Product Options') except for 'Categories/Products' section. Currently Im still wondering wots wrong it relied on, but I know it relates to the mod (Header Tags Controller v2.5.5) i installed earlier.

I think its nothing to do with the AttributesWizzard contribution because the problem relied on the admin/categories.php file. Displays any other sections (under 'Catalog' of admin panel) is fine (including 'Manage Price Lists' and 'Product Options') except for 'Categories/Products' section. Currently Im still wondering wots wrong it relied on, but I know it relates to the mod (Header Tags Controller v2.5.5) i installed earlier.

The support thread for "Header Tags Controller" you find here.....

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51815

Greetings Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I installed this contribution today. I am also trying to make a list of sizes available for all t-shirts. I created a "size" option in the Product attributes section of the OSC config. I created several option values, small, medium, etc., within the "size" option. I then realized I was going to have to assign each size manually - not even just the size option, but every value for size - for each t-shirt design. Yeeh.

So, I installed AttributesWizzard. I created a list called "shirtsizes". I added all the various sizes under "optionsname". I chose "attach", then chose "all" (which checked all the current t-shirt designs), and saved it. This had no perceivable affect on anything I can see.

Am I misunderstanding the useage?

Hello,

I installed this contribution today. I am also trying to make a list of sizes available for all t-shirts. I created a "size" option in the Product attributes section of the OSC config. I created several option values, small, medium, etc., within the "size" option. I then realized I was going to have to assign each size manually - not even just the size option, but every value for size - for each t-shirt design. Yeeh.

So, I installed AttributesWizzard. I created a list called "shirtsizes". I added all the various sizes under "optionsname". I chose "attach", then chose "all" (which checked all the current t-shirt designs), and saved it. This had no perceivable affect on anything I can see.

Am I misunderstanding the useage?

No. You understand it!

All setting you are doing with AttributesWizzard will not work unless you "activate" the settings.

The "activate" (Go) Button you find at the start page from AW (red field).

Make shure that your language settings in main.inc.php are correct.

A manual from AW you can download here

Greetings Thomas

No. You understand it!

All setting you are doing with AttributesWizzard will not work unless you "activate" the settings.

The "activate" (Go) Button you find at the start page from AW (red field).

Well, how-dee-do! Go! That did it. Thanks much! Of course it was something so simple...

A manual from AW you can download here

Thanks. I downloaded it. I'll read it carefully.

Hi, i installed your contribution, but im having some issues. If I try to do anything, im getting this:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in /home/iamkevin/public_html/cart2/admin/includes/boxes/catalog.php on line 31

Below is my catalog.php file.

<?php
/*
 $Id: catalog.php,v 1.21 2003/07/09 01:18:53 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
?>
<!-- catalog //-->
	  <tr>
		<td>
<?php
 $heading = array();
 $contents = array();

$heading[] = array('text'  => BOX_HEADING_CATALOG,
				 'link'  => tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'selected_box=catalog'));

if ($selected_box == 'catalog') {
$contents[] = array('text'  => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_MANUFACTURERS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_MANUFACTURERS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REVIEWS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_REVIEWS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_SPECIALS . '</a><br>' .
							   '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_PRODUCTS_EXPECTED . '</a>');
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GLOBAL_PRICES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_GLOBAL_PRICES . '</a><br>' .
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTES, '', 'NONSSL') . '" class="menuBoxContentLink">' . BOX_CATALOG_GLOBAL_ATTRIBUTES . '</a><br>' .}

$box = new box;
 echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents);
?>
		</td>
	  </tr>
<!-- catalog_eof //-->

I have fixed that problem, however im getting Database could not be selected Now (in german) when i try to do anything with it. Any help with this?

Edited by iamkevin

I have fixed that problem, however im getting Database could not be selected Now (in german) when i try to do anything with it. Any help with this?

In this version AW did not work with the database settings from oscommerce.

You had to edit the main.inc.php file.

There you find the settings from username, password, database etc.....

Greetings Thomas

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Trying to sort is great contribution out when I try to create a price list I get this error

then the list of products at the end

Warning: fopen(1130997217.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 154

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 175

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 175

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 175

Thank You.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 178

Hi Trying to sort is great contribution out when I try to create a price list I get this error

then the list of products at the end

Warning: fopen(1130997217.txt): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/xxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 154

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 175

Thank You.

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 178

You do not have enough permissions in this directory.

AW try to generate a text file but your server has no writing permissions in this directory.

Give writing permissions (f.e. chmod 755) to this directory and all should work fine.

Greetings Thomas

You do not have enough permissions in this directory.

AW try to generate a text file but your server has no writing permissions in this directory.

Give writing permissions (f.e. chmod 755) to this directory and all should work fine.

I set permissions on all 3 folders still getting same error when creating a price list. when hitting save on the buttom of page to save pricelist I then get this error I'm not sure what text file it's reffering to my list name is "listone" Thanks

Warning: rename(1131073904.txt,listone.txt): No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 145

I set permissions on all 3 folders still getting same error when creating a price list. when hitting save on the buttom of page to save pricelist I then get this error I'm not sure what text file it's reffering to my list name is "listone" Thanks

Warning: rename(1131073904.txt,listone.txt): No such file or directory in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin/price_update.php on line 145

First price update try to create a temp text file with the name '1131073904.txt'. The name is the current timestamp it will be created.

After creating the temp text file it will be renamed to the name of your choice.

rename(1131073904.txt,listone.txt):

Your problem is that there is no file with the name '1131073904.txt''

The file was not created. That is definitely a problem with the writing permissions...

Just for testing purposes you can chmod 777 your admin directory.

Do not forget to undo this step. Chmod 777 is not secure!!!

Greetings Thomas

First price update try to create a temp text file with the name '1131073904.txt'. The name is the current timestamp it will be created.

After creating the temp text file it will be renamed to the name of your choice.

rename(1131073904.txt,listone.txt):

Your problem is that there is no file with the name '1131073904.txt''

The file was not created. That is definitely a problem with the writing permissions...

Just for testing purposes you can chmod 777 your admin directory.

Do not forget to undo this step. Chmod 777 is not secure!!!

yes it work when I chmod the admin. every text file I created it ask for a new one. The only other thing is I installed the admin tool contribute. I can,t leave the admin on 777 what should i do.

Thank You

yes it work when I chmod the admin. every text file I created it ask for a new one. The only other thing is I installed the admin tool contribute. I can,t leave the admin on 777 what should i do.

Thank You

I send you a fix with pm

Greetings Thomas

Hi there

I installed your contribution, but get the German error message when I select either Manage Price Lists or Product Options in Admin -> Catalog. I have seen in the posts above that one reason for this is putting the wrong username etc. I am certain I have put the right details, and (bearing in mind my extremely limited knowledge of all things to do with website design etc) I am at a loss to understand why I get this error mesage.

Just to confirm,

i) do I put the 'www' and '.com' in the localhost (line 126)?

ii) should the word true (line 130) be in double quotes?

iii) should my username and password be those I have with my hosting company?

Many thanks.

Bob.