• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help! Shipping method (newb)

adx

Hi all,

firstly, thanks for this great software and sorry for my bad english. I've poking around the whole evening searching for solution to my shipping problem but still no luck. Well, I get a feeling that maybe I can combine a few contrib. to achieve this but have no clue to it. I need a shipping method as below :

1. Need to configure 2 shipping method - normal delivery and fast delivery.

2. Each method need to have 4 different zone which will include multiple parts of my country

3. Shipping cost will be base on total item weight, calculated as initial shipping price and thereafter a linear increment. Example : base cost for 1st 500g = $2.00 + every additional 250g = $1.00.

4. I also need to apply free shipping for certain items(not all) when customer's order reach a certain level of weight.

Any suggestion? Is there any contrib exist or can I combine multiple contrib to achieve this? After searching around there's "basecostandincrementhack" contrib to achieve no 3 (but hard coded), "dualzones" contrib to achieve no 2 but I might have problem with register_globals(mine turn off - hosting requirement) and maybe per item shipping contrib can achieve no 4?

Please help or give me a right direction. Thanks in advance.

At first I thought you were crazy, now I'm not sure. B)

In any case, here is my attempt at this problem:

1. Ok, this part is simple. There are many shipping modules that are capable of this, and right now I won't bother listing any of them.

2. Oh my god. I did find this:

Flat shipping rates for three zones with different free Shipping For Orders

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3406

This also talks about free shipping. Maybe you can modify this or talk to the contributor about adding a fourth zone?

3. There is also this:

State Based Rates

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,818

This will accomplish what you mention in #2, I think, and also talks about shipping by weight.

4. Free shipping by weight:

I couldn't find a contribution that used weight. There is at least one that goes by order count, and another that goes by order price, but not by weight that I could see.

Also, offering free shipping for some items in some instances but never for other items sounds like you would have to have a "Free Shipping with Minimum Weight" contribution made to work with Multi Vendor Shipping.

Multi Vendor Shipping

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2906

Also, if you do decide to go with Multi Vendor Shipping, every new shipping module that you want to use (basically only the default modules are included with it) would have to be modified to work with it.

And I thought my shipping options were crazy.....

:D

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

At first I thought you were crazy, now I'm not sure.

:D

I know someone will say that sooner or later (in this case sooner :D ).

Anyway, thanks for the tips and i'll post here if I can come out with some results . If no post, then you can assume that I've become what you thought of me :lol: .

Thanks.