• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Export / Edit and Import an Excel CSV via phpmyadmin

thewrath1

hello,

regarding initial instructions-

i'm not able to follow "IMPORT" directions because "Insert data from a textfile into table" under the SQL tab under "Or Location of the textfile" is not present, version 2.6.2 w/ host provider. its not present anywhere else either. perhaps it was removed by host? i do not know but it's not there and i can not get a direct answer from host... so forget about version upgrades, etc.

using the "Run SQL query/queries on database XXX:" i'm executing the following SQL w/o error BUT it does NOT populate my "table" (my table as browsed via PMA):

LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE 'j:/productsJL.txt' REPLACE INTO TABLE products

FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','

ESCAPED BY '\\'

LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n'

'j:/productsJL.txt' =

29,10000,EME-BPLATE,NoImageJL.gif,500.25,7/5/2007 17:59,7/23/2007 20:02,NULL,45,1,0,0,0

(this is a one line only product table test file)

i've tried removing the 2nd backslash and also \n. i've also tried this as a csv (preferable).

i receive no errors; the table remains unchanged. any help here is greatly appreciated and i think others may benefit here? i feel this is potentially a valuable contribution to this thread please assist.

thanks, j

I'm just running the latest ubuntu server and have phpMyAdmin version 2.11.8.1deb1.

I also don't have "Insert data from a textfile into table" there. Instead there is an import tab. But can't import using that. Gives me error every time "Invalid field count in CSV input on line 1."

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't have the same number of fields/columns in your csv a in the table you are going to get this error.

Leave you to count them up and sort it out.

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

• 3 months later...

WOW! Great instructions. Thank you so much. I just updated over 20,700 products with these instructions. Much faster than Easy Populate.

Thank you so much.

Just when you knew all life's answers; Someone had to go and change all the questions!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I've followed the guides and verified the id's throughout the 4 tables and yet I still do not see the products on the home page. This is really frustrating as I've probably re-loaded osCom a good 4 times and wasted 18 hours without success!

Is anyone willing to connect and help if I were to provide some access?

Thank you in advance,

D

• 5 months later...

Hi there,

I have tried to follow the diagram, but when I get to step two, there is none of the stuff shown in the diagram. What version are you using?

Regards

Geoff

I told you once before Ryan, if one gets through, its a Victory. (Trevor Howard to Frank Sinatra: Von Ryan's Express -1965)

I am now getting this Error message:

Invalid column (Unique ID Product Code Subproduct Code Product Name Description materials Size (imp) Size (met) Power Trade Price RRP Category Range ImageName ThumbImageURL ViewImageURL Hi-Res URL Stock StockLevel MPN Manufacturer IsMan IsWoman IsLingerie IsCouples IsFetish IsGayMale IsGayFemale) specified!

I am using phpAdmin export facility.

setting these options: -

Options

Replace table data with file

Ignore duplicate rows

Fields terminated by ;

Fields enclosed by "

Fields escaped by \

Lines terminated by Auto

Column names - the full list is at the top.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Geoff

I told you once before Ryan, if one gets through, its a Victory. (Trevor Howard to Frank Sinatra: Von Ryan's Express -1965)

WOW! Great instructions. Thank you so much. I just updated over 20,700 products with these instructions. Much faster than Easy Populate.

Thank you so much.

How did you do that and what file is it please? Coz I really don't want to manually enter 3000 products.

Geoff

If you don't have the same number of fields/columns in your csv a in the table you are going to get this error.

Leave you to count them up and sort it out.

G

Sorry, I don't understand that, can you enlighten a bit more - thanks

Geoff

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I don't understand that, can you enlighten a bit more - thanks

Geoff

Is there anyone out that can help me - I am still having the same problems.

Geoff

I am now getting this Error message:

Invalid column (Unique ID Product Code Subproduct Code Product Name Description materials Size (imp) Size (met) Power Trade Price RRP Category Range ImageName ThumbImageURL ViewImageURL Hi-Res URL Stock StockLevel MPN Manufacturer IsMan IsWoman IsLingerie IsCouples IsFetish IsGayMale IsGayFemale) specified!

Are you trying to import a file that has a header row? Because you should not have one.

Options

Replace table data with file

Ignore duplicate rows

Fields terminated by ;

Fields enclosed by "

Fields escaped by \

Lines terminated by Auto

Column names - the full list is at the top.

Most files have the field separator as a comma.

HTH

G

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Archived