• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

includes/functions/sessions.php ERROR

onggie

Hi, I am getting this error with my osCommerce website. I havent touched in a couple months it worked before and I haven't changed anything. The following errors occur;

Warning: session_save_path(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 32304 is not allowed to access owned by uid 0 in /home2/comsilc/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 212

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/comsilc/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home2/comsilc/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/comsilc/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:212) in /home2/comsilc/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 68

What could be the problem, since It used to work and I haven't touched it since. Thankyou!

Your web hosting company has switched PHP to run in Safe Mode, which will cause you no end of problems. This immediate problem relates to the session save path, for which you need to do the following.

Even if you store sessions in your database (which you should do anyway on a shared server) Safe Mode looks at the path to a 'tmp' folder set in your osCommerce admin panel, under Configuration --> Sessions (even if you don't use it). You need to put the root pathway into that entry, for example /var/www/html/tmp instead of just /tmp.

You will find the root pathway for your server in either of your includes/configure.php files.

Vger

Archived