• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Okay figured that out... Now I'm trying to get an understanding of the thumbnailing function. My assumption is the best implementation is one leveraging the GD Library. This is all auto-thumnailing stuff right? Do I do anything special?

Regards,

Eric

Both included versions uses the GD library...one makes thumbnails in a separate folder the other ones just creates them on the fly.

Does anybody can give me an answer on this one??? toycibear???....anyone?????... :( thx

1. How to removing the prices on the front page will depend on which boxes and/or modules show there...

For the new products in the center of the page, you will have to edit includes/modules/new_products.php

2. the text "New Products in October" can be edited in includes/languages/english.php

Looks ok...i would then suggest that you try to use the includes/functions/html_output.php from BDP 1.9 the new version with on the fly thumbnails iusing gd lib.

i've reinstalled a clean ms2 and the BDP 1.9 yet the thumbnails still not showing.

My server has the PHP Safemode turned ON.

Is that the reason?

i've reinstalled a clean ms2 and the BDP 1.9 yet the thumbnails still not showing.

My server has the PHP Safemode turned ON.

Is that the reason?

try to use one of the alternative html_output.php files... one of the ones named with - on the fly thumbnails

rename it to html_output.php and upload it overwriting the one you have today...

this one will not create thumbnails in a new folder, but will create thumbnails on the fly on every page load

1. How to removing the prices on the front page will depend on which boxes and/or modules show there...

For the new products in the center of the page, you will have to edit includes/modules/new_products.php

2. the text "New Products in October" can be edited in includes/languages/english.php

1. I've installed the osCommerce and applied your contrib and the only changes that i've made are in the CSS file, so basicly all the modules show in the center page. What i want is to remove/disable the price tags of those modules that show prices.

2. i've looked but can't seem to find it. would you show me the code where it is so i can recognize it???

thx.....

PD: I've downloaded your latest update for your contrib, gonna give it a run how it works...

thx for the support!!!! :thumbsup:

try to use one of the alternative html_output.php files... one of the ones named with - on the fly thumbnails

rename it to html_output.php and upload it overwriting the one you have today...

this one will not create thumbnails in a new folder, but will create thumbnails on the fly on every page load

I did and it's working now.

However the thumbnails looks kind of streatched and I notice this "catalog/product_thumb.php?img=images/n109.jpg&w=100&h=75"

the width is set to 100 and height is 75, is there a way to change it to the percentage of the original img?

I did and it's working now.

However the thumbnails looks kind of streatched and I notice this "catalog/product_thumb.php?img=images/n109.jpg&w=100&h=75"

the width is set to 100 and height is 75, is there a way to change it to the percentage of the original img?

width and height are set in your shops admin under configuration >> images

Edited by toyicebear

1. I've installed the osCommerce and applied your contrib and the only changes that i've made are in the CSS file, so basicly all the modules show in the center page. What i want is to remove/disable the price tags of those modules that show prices.

2. i've looked but can't seem to find it. would you show me the code where it is so i can recognize it???

thx.....

PD: I've downloaded your latest update for your contrib, gonna give it a run how it works...

thx for the support!!!! :thumbsup:

Your questin does not relate to the BDP , so for future questions about this issue you should ask it in a more appropriate topic in this forum, but here is the code which showes the price in the new products module,

. $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id'])));

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I was hoping for too much, I guess... I've installed the bleeding edge version 3.x of oscommerce that Harald released recently, and when I add this design pack, I just get a couple of error messages on the home page. Have you done any testing with the 3.x build? Any chance you'll have a version that's compatible any time soon?

Thanks,

Leland

Edited by llscotts

I have downloaded the basic design pack 1.9 and uploaded it in my cpanel, but when I overwrote the "html_output.php" file with one of the provided one in the design pack, and I tried to get to my site, here I got this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/arabicmo/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:13)

My web hosting provider reckons that nothing can be done, and that I lost everything.....just like that!

Please any suggestions about this matter?? it took me a long time to build this online shop...please help

I have downloaded the basic design pack 1.9 and uploaded it in my cpanel, but when I overwrote the "html_output.php" file with the provided one in the design pack, and I tried to get to my site, here I got this message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/arabicmo/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:13)

My web hosting provider reckons that nothing can be done, and I lost everything.....just like that!

Please any suggestions about this matter?? it took me a long time to build this online shop...please help

I have downloaded the basic design pack 1.9 and uploaded it in my cpanel, but when I overwrote the "html_output.php" file with the provided one in the design pack, and I tried to get to my site, here I got this message:

My web hosting provider reckons that nothing can be done, and I lost everything.....just like that!

1. In BDP 1.9 there are several versions of html_output.php , try to rename and use one of the other versions.

2. If you still can not get it to work, download the latest oscommerce from the downloads section and upload the unmodifies html_output.php .

HINT:

Always make a backup before doing changes on a LIVE site!!!!!!

OK, I was hoping for too much, I guess... I've installed the bleeding edge version 3.x of oscommerce that Harald released recently, and when I add this design pack, I just get a couple of error messages on the home page. Have you done any testing with the 3.x build? Any chance you'll have a version that's compatible any time soon?

Thanks,

Leland

This pack does not work with the Alpha 3 test release, when a final version of Milstone 3 is out , i might release a simular package for that. But it will be a completly new package and not based on the exsisting one since the 3 version differs substantialy both in code and structure.

hi, can anyone tell me how to edit the buttons in the css sheet? (which line do i edit) thanks

stylesheet.css

.cssButton {

background: #f0f0ff;

color: #000080;

width: 100px;

height: 20px;

vertical-align: top;

font-weight: normal;

font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 12px;

cursor: pointer;

text-align: center;

text-decoration: none;

border: 1px;

border-style: solid;

border-color: #000080;

border-spacing: 1px;

}

Hello I have an existing shop, however some of the script is a little messed up (i.e: click to enlarge, etc) - I have tried reapiring it but it won't work.

I am thinking of doing a fresh install, then adding on the design pack (which I LOVE) and then cnnecting it to my SQL server where the products are populated.

Can you see any problems with this / or will I loose my products?

Many Thanks

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Hello I have an existing shop, however some of the script is a little messed up (i.e: click to enlarge, etc) - I have tried reapiring it but it won't work.

I am thinking of doing a fresh install, then adding on the design pack (which I LOVE) and then cnnecting it to my SQL server where the products are populated.

Can you see any problems with this / or will I loose my products?

Many Thanks

Yes you can do so...just take care not to overwrite your old db during install

Yes you can do so...just take care not to overwrite your old db during install

Hiya,

Thanks for that, I finally figured it out last night and it has installed just fine - thanks :)

I really like it!!

Is there a way which I can change the width of the design pack border? I would like to make it just a little bigger.

Please help.

Hiya,

Thanks for that, I finally figured it out last night and it has installed just fine - thanks :)

I really like it!!

Is there a way which I can change the width of the design pack border? I would like to make it just a little bigger.

Please help.

in stylesheet.css

I'm sorry that this is a cross post, the original is in the templates and images main list. I realized if I wanted help specifically with BDP, I should post here.

I have started inputting my products but I am showing blank product pages. I have the category title and the side bar but it's blank where the products should be.

HELP!!

Marcia

Hi, I changed the width of the border in stylesheet.css so that it could accomodate my big header image (across top of website) - however, in firefox the site looks fine but in IE6 it shows a lot of white space and pushes the 'cart contents' etc to the right of the page.

Have a look: http://www.equineinternetsupplies.co.uk

I am not sure what it does in other browsers. Half of me wonders whether this is a well known bug, or whether it is one line that I need to change etc?

I have the width currently set on auto - so it scales the page.

Any hellp much appreciated! :)

Hi, I changed the width of the border in stylesheet.css so that it could accomodate my big header image (across top of website) - however, in firefox the site looks fine but in IE6 it shows a lot of white space and pushes the 'cart contents' etc to the right of the page.

Have a look: http://www.equineinternetsupplies.co.uk

I am not sure what it does in other browsers. Half of me wonders whether this is a well known bug, or whether it is one line that I need to change etc?

I have the width currently set on auto - so it scales the page.

Any hellp much appreciated! :)

Had a look..looks fine both in IE and Firefox

I'm sorry that this is a cross post, the original is in the templates and images main list. I realized if I wanted help specifically with BDP, I should post here.

I have started inputting my products but I am showing blank product pages. I have the category title and the side bar but it's blank where the products should be.

HELP!!

Marcia

The BDP should not interfere with the product pages....

But you might have a look at using one of the alternative includes/functions/html_output.php from the BDP , since there might be a copability issue on your hosting/server in regards to the auto thumbnails functions.

Had a look..looks fine both in IE and Firefox

Hiya, in IE 6 if you load it up, you'll notice that the page goes very wide to the right (you'll have to scroll) and then 'cart contents' etc that are in the grey bar at the top are pushed right over to the right hand side.

Please can you check for me again?

I have cleared cache this end and checked it on several diff machines to find that they all show the error.