• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Hi toyicebear...

Thanks for the great contribution... really made my life much easier.

I have been using BDP since tried out OScommerce (about couple of weeks agao) and so far.. I have been following every instructions in the post very closely...

During my last attempt at mod.. I have successfully removed the right info boxes (thanks for the guidance again) BUT unfortunately the text area did not grow bigger... the space that was used by the right boxes still remained ... eh... space...

The others seemed to do ok (I have take a peep at their site).... did I miss out anything or do I need to change anything?

spacehere4am.jpg

Thanks!

SGFB

as for the "what's new here" stuff, if you find it let me know, I think there is a contribution that changes it to the category name, but I see these things and think "must bookmark that" and promptly forget

Will thisAll Categories & Sub Categories help?

But seriously... I am not sure it is "compatible" with BDS... so you might wanna use it with caution....

SGFB

Will thisAll Categories & Sub Categories help?

But seriously... I am not sure it is "compatible" with BDS... so you might wanna use it with caution....

SGFB

Ignore the above... that was the wrong contribution... I think this contribution is more useful...

PageHeaders and SubHeaders

SGFB

Edited by SGFB

I need help, my store is dying here. I have so many customers that CANNOT create an account. It has to be cookie related. When they try, they get sent back to the first page over and over. Yes, I can put a note 'if you have trouble, just email me your order' but then why would I even need a store??? I have a competitor that sells the exact same things I do and I am losing sales. Here's my URL but I'm putting in a * to keep Google from listing this as my urls first link. so take that out.

*brugmansias.us/catalog

Sorry, with your link I get only following errors:

Warning: main(includes/languages/german/index.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dmzikjlz/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/german/index.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/dmzikjlz/public_html/catalog/index.php on line 33

It seems, that something is going wrong with your installation. Perhaps someone here will have an idea. Especially the include_path of the second error seems to be wrong (twice ':').

Good luck

Joachim

Ignore the above... that was the wrong contribution... I think this contribution is more useful...

PageHeaders and SubHeaders

SGFB

Thanks that looks like what i was after, i ended up manually hacking the files to achieve what I wanted, but I may try installing that contribution to give me better category descriptions

Hi toyicebear...

Thanks for the great contribution... really made my life much easier.

I have been using BDP since tried out OScommerce (about couple of weeks agao) and so far.. I have been following every instructions in the post very closely...

During my last attempt at mod.. I have successfully removed the right info boxes (thanks for the guidance again) BUT unfortunately the text area did not grow bigger... the space that was used by the right boxes still remained ... eh... space...

The others seemed to do ok (I have take a peep at their site).... did I miss out anything or do I need to change anything?

spacehere4am.jpg

Thanks!

SGFB

To remove the right column and not get an empty space where it used to be, you need to remove this complete section in every file in the main folder:

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<!-- right_navigation //-->

<?php include(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

No worries problem solved

added a condition to the function, fo that particular icon

included below for anyone else who might have a similar problem

/functions/html_output.php

function tep_image_submit($image, $value = '-AltValue-', $parameters = '') {
global $language;
if ($image == 'button_quick_find.gif') {
	$image_submit = '<input type="image" src="' . tep_output_string(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/' . $image) . '" border="0" alt="' . tep_output_string($alt) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($alt)) $image_submit .= ' title=" ' . tep_output_string($alt) . ' "';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $image_submit .= ' ' . $parameters;

$image_submit .= '>';

return $image_submit;
}
else
{
	$css_submit = '<input type="submit" class="cssButton" value="' . tep_output_string($value) . '" />';
	return $css_submit;
}
}

And of course removed my alterations on the search.php page

Thanks all

1. I'd like to change the "Search" button, is the description above the modification I have to do?

2. If so... can you explain me more detailed what I'll have to do?

I tried to include the upper code into html_output.html but then an error occured. And what do you mean with

And of course removed my alterations on the search.php page

Thx a lot!

Edited by wsammy

You can make 1 image ending with the "shadow" effect on both sides, this image should be made in the width you want your site to be.

Then you set this as a centered background image with center aligmnet and repeate-y .

The sections in the stylesheet where this is done is here:

Playing around with these settings you can adjust it to your liking.

Att: Rember to press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site after having made changes to the stylesheet.

I tried doing this with my site, but for some reason the background image does not line up with my store. It is about an inch to the right of my store. Do you have any idea how to get it to line up correctly?

Also, I would like to have my page go all the way to the bottom. I tried margin-bottom: 0px; but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Hi

I just uploaded this modification as per the instructions on our new store, and I got the following error afterwards when trying to vies the store..

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: categoriesboxheading in /home/smbfinan/public_html/cobandcoimports/catalog/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 105

Searched the forum and couldnt see that anyone else had the same problem so I dont know what happned??

any help appreciated

I tried doing this with my site, but for some reason the background image does not line up with my store. It is about an inch to the right of my store. Do you have any idea how to get it to line up correctly?

Also, I would like to have my page go all the way to the bottom. I tried margin-bottom: 0px; but it didn't work.

Thanks.

Under normal conditions it will line up in the center.

Using the basic design pack stylesheet.css you will not get the page to go all the way down, you will get a small space at the bottom, if you want it to go all the way down you will have to edit the individual pages .php files in the main shop folder.

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your ongoing post's.

My site is not "LIVE" yet.

I have a few questions on design.

I was thinking of downloading BDP, but not sure where to download it to, or, since I have already made changes, if I can even use it with out starting all over.

I have done alot already. I have added products, changed the page BR color, added my own logo to the top of the page, and have changed the heading colors on the boxes in the colume's and at the top under the heading. I have also rid my site of the os gifs that were at the top of the

home page & catagory pages and inserted my own.

Now, one of the things I have noticed is that the heading BR colors in the box's does not go all the way across the heading. There seems to be a space to the left that has a diferent color. I would like to fix this so the color fills the entire heading.

I have manged to get rid of the gif that was on the home page, the one in the main body on the right, but now there is just a empty box with the "whats new here" text in it. I would like this gone altogether. I would also like to get rid of the "whats new" text as well as the "catagories" text in the product listings.

I assume I can fix these items with BDP, but if I can't use it because of the reasons mentioned above, could you please direct me on how to address these issues?

Thanks again Nick

Hello Nick,

Thanks for your ongoing post's.

My site is not "LIVE" yet.

I have a few questions on design.

I was thinking of downloading BDP, but not sure where to download it to, or, since I have already made changes, if I can even use it with out starting all over.

I have done alot already. I have added products, changed the page BR color, added my own logo to the top of the page, and have changed the heading colors on the boxes in the colume's and at the top under the heading. I have also rid my site of the os gifs that were at the top of the

home page & catagory pages and inserted my own.

Now, one of the things I have noticed is that the heading BR colors in the box's does not go all the way across the heading. There seems to be a space to the left that has a diferent color. I would like to fix this so the color fills the entire heading.

I have manged to get rid of the gif that was on the home page, the one in the main body on the right, but now there is just a empty box with the "whats new here" text in it. I would like this gone altogether. I would also like to get rid of the "whats new" text as well as the "catagories" text in the product listings.

I assume I can fix these items with BDP, but if I can't use it because of the reasons mentioned above, could you please direct me on how to address these issues?

Thanks again Nick

Download the latest version of the Basic Design Pack , unzip it and upload it to your server/hosting overwriting the files there.

It will not affect the products and/or the info you have already inputed.

The only thing you will have to do again is set your own graphic in the includes/header.php and change the colors in the stylesheet.css

Download the latest version of the Basic Design Pack , unzip it and upload it to your server/hosting overwriting the files there.

It will not affect the products and/or the info you have already inputed.

The only thing you will have to do again is set your own graphic in the includes/header.php and change the colors in the stylesheet.css

Well, ok. I downloaded, unzipped. Now I am still not sure where to place the file. Since my store is not yet live, but my website is, the main file for the OS site is STORE. I tried to drop it into that file , but nothing.

I don't want this to interfere with my other pages as I designed them with Frontpage.

I must be really dense, but it took me about 2 day's to design the site I have with Frontpage & I am STILL not done messing with OSc. 2 weeks later !

Needless to say, I am getting a bit FRUSTRATED ! I just cannot see why this has to be so complicated.

Well, I'll stop gripping now. Don't even want to ge started.

Beside's,Contribs like yourself are trying to make things easier for everyone using OSc. And I have WAY to much time invested now.

Nick, any hand holding is appriciated. Thanks.

Well, ok. I downloaded, unzipped. Now I am still not sure where to place the file. Since my store is not yet live, but my website is, the main file for the OS site is STORE. I tried to drop it into that file , but nothing.

I don't want this to interfere with my other pages as I designed them with Frontpage.

I must be really dense, but it took me about 2 day's to design the site I have with Frontpage & I am STILL not done messing with OSc. 2 weeks later !

Needless to say, I am getting a bit FRUSTRATED ! I just cannot see why this has to be so complicated.

Well, I'll stop gripping now. Don't even want to ge started.

Beside's,Contribs like yourself are trying to make things easier for everyone using OSc. And I have WAY to much time invested now.

Nick, any hand holding is appriciated. Thanks.

I must also add that the file was in STORE, but it didn't chage anything really. I must be missing a step.

Hello,

I'm really interested in this template system, but had a question.

I've already started adding new products in my store, and made some minor changes to the site like getting rid of the currency and language showing up on the right column.

If I install this, will it affect the changes I've previously made?

Since I read, "Att. If you have an already modified shop...you can not follow the instructions above..then you will have to use a file compare program, like for instance beyondcompare , to merge your exsisting files with the ones in this contribution."

I'm sorry I'm new to all of this. I've also renamed my admin folder which I can change back to "admin" if necessary.

I just don't want to get an error or something screwy.

:D I'd really appreciate any input.

I must also add that the file was in STORE, but it didn't chage anything really. I must be missing a step.

You have to copy all the files and folders inside the folder called /catalog/ in the basic design pack , then you upload them using a ftp program to inside your /store/ folder , when asked if you want to overwrite the exsisting files/folders say yes......

Hello,

I'm really interested in this template system, but had a question.

I've already started adding new products in my store, and made some minor changes to the site like getting rid of the currency and language showing up on the right column.

If I install this, will it affect the changes I've previously made?

Since I read, "Att. If you have an already modified shop...you can not follow the instructions above..then you will have to use a file compare program, like for instance beyondcompare , to merge your exsisting files with the ones in this contribution."

I'm sorry I'm new to all of this. I've also renamed my admin folder which I can change back to "admin" if necessary.

I just don't want to get an error or something screwy.

:D I'd really appreciate any input.

Yes, you can use the basic design pack and just drop in and overwrite existing files/folders.

The changes you have described will not be affected at all.....

You do not need to rename the admin again...this mod does nothing with the admin section.....

You have to copy all the files and folders inside the folder called /catalog/ in the basic design pack , then you upload them using a ftp program to inside your /store/ folder , when asked if you want to overwrite the exsisting files/folders say yes......

Thanks Nick,

I shall give it another shot.

What I did was upoad ALL the design pack to the STORE folder. But it never asked overwrite permision.

I'll let you know if this works !

Chris

hi there

i installed the Basic Design Pack cause it sounded like it would be easy to do the things i wanted to do to my site. But there are no real instructions on how or what to edit. I edited some basic attributes in the style sheet eg. colours but they never showed up.

What file should i be editing to change the boxes etc? Should i be using Crimson Edit or Dreamweaver to do this?

thanks!

hi there

i installed the Basic Design Pack cause it sounded like it would be easy to do the things i wanted to do to my site. But there are no real instructions on how or what to edit. I edited some basic attributes in the style sheet eg. colours but they never showed up.

What file should i be editing to change the boxes etc? Should i be using Crimson Edit or Dreamweaver to do this?

thanks!

Click on Basics For osC design in my signature for more design info and tips....

Hey toyicebear!

Thanks in Advanced for all your Help!

I have BDP installed and added Wishlist 3.5d. The Add to Wishlist button does not appear. Wishlist support has no ideas and said it may be something with BDP. I use the osc button html_output.php.

This is where the buttons are added in product_info.php

<td width="17"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
<td ><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $cPath); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK); ?></a></td>
<td ><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td ><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', 'Add to Wishlist', 'name="wishlist" value="wishlist"'); ?></td>
<td ><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

Do you have any idea if this is caused by BDP or how to debug it?

Thanks Again.

Hey toyicebear!

Thanks in Advanced for all your Help!

I have BDP installed and added Wishlist 3.5d. The Add to Wishlist button does not appear. Wishlist support has no ideas and said it may be something with BDP. I use the osc button html_output.php.

This is where the buttons are added in product_info.php

<td width="17"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
<td ><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'cPath=' . $cPath); ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK); ?></a></td>
<td ><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td ><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', 'Add to Wishlist', 'name="wishlist" value="wishlist"'); ?></td>
<td ><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>
<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

Do you have any idea if this is caused by BDP or how to debug it?

Thanks Again.

If you are using the html_output.php version which includes css buttons that might be causing it.....

Try changing to the html_output.php without css buttons included.

If you are using the html_output.php version which includes css buttons that might be causing it.....

Try changing to the html_output.php without css buttons included.

I'm not using the css buttons.

All of my buttons have disappeared now.

Even my click to enlarge button. All the code is there from pg. 99 in the document and the button is in includes/language/english/images/buttons

It appears with heavy modification osc becomes unstable, is this true?