• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Sorry to be a Help Vampire but I have an issue with my header in Internet Explorer.

I changed my site width to 800px via the included greyskin Stylesheet as I need just a little extra room and made a new header background to suit.

It shows up fine in all the main browsers except IE where it has a small white strip to the right of the header.

I thought it may have been an old cached pic but when I went to BrowserShots.org it still came in all versions of IE.

I have been trying to figure this out for a few days and searched this via the search function and google but still come up empty handed.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Tez...

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry to be a Help Vampire but I have an issue with my header in Internet Explorer.

I changed my site width to 800px via the included greyskin Stylesheet as I need just a little extra room and made a new header background to suit.

It shows up fine in all the main browsers except IE where it has a small white strip to the right of the header.

I thought it may have been an old cached pic but when I went to BrowserShots.org it still came in all versions of IE.

I have been trying to figure this out for a few days and searched this via the search function and google but still come up empty handed.

Thanks for any info you can give me.

Tez...

You will need to check if there is anything eighter in the header itself, the footer, left/right columns or main content which is eschewing the site with.

Yep you were right about that one, turns out a pic I had was 2px too wide but when I added up all the widths and it seemed right but IE doesnt see it the way I do. So I experimented with widths it worked.

But now I have a new one for you lol. Why stick to one shop when your trying to learn.

musclebeach(dot)terryscarr(dot)com

This one has the same problem in IE but with the menu I experimented with the menu width and changed the header to tile across to suit. But I cant seem to work it out.

The only thing I can seem to work out is I made it to suit an 814px width which works in all but IE and IE only works with an 818px width but then I get the same problem with all the other browsers.

Also I have tried some contributions to make my manufacturers drop down box to look and list like the categories box. But they dont seem to work right. Any Ideas on a contrib or changes I can make to get this.

Yep you were right about that one, turns out a pic I had was 2px too wide but when I added up all the widths and it seemed right but IE doesnt see it the way I do. So I experimented with widths it worked.

But now I have a new one for you lol. Why stick to one shop when your trying to learn.

musclebeach(dot)terryscarr(dot)com

This one has the same problem in IE but with the menu I experimented with the menu width and changed the header to tile across to suit. But I cant seem to work it out.

The only thing I can seem to work out is I made it to suit an 814px width which works in all but IE and IE only works with an 818px width but then I get the same problem with all the other browsers.

For the image/background just keep on expirimenting untill you get it right....

Also I have tried some contributions to make my manufacturers drop down box to look and list like the categories box. But they dont seem to work right. Any Ideas on a contrib or changes I can make to get this.

in admin under configuration >> Maximum Values

Manufacturers Select Size

set it to a number higher than the number of manufacturers you have in your site

set it to a number higher than the number of manufacturers you have in your site

Sorry I forgot a line of text. I meant like a listed menu like the Categories box so I can get away from the drop down menu.

Sorry I forgot a line of text. I meant like a listed menu like the Categories box so I can get away from the drop down menu.

The change i mentioned will give you a list instead of a drop-down.

Edited by toyicebear

• 4 weeks later...

Hello. I set up my oscommerce site today and installed the most recent design pack. I uploaded the files and everything looks good visually, but i cannot log into my admin. I get the following error...

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /mnt/w0809/d18/s34/b03076c8/www/hometeamcollectibles.com/store/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

my store is www.hometeamcollectibles.com

Please let me know what other info you need if any to get some help...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello. I set up my oscommerce site today and installed the most recent design pack. I uploaded the files and everything looks good visually, but i cannot log into my admin. I get the following error...

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /mnt/w0809/d18/s34/b03076c8/www/hometeamcollectibles.com/store/catalog/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31

my store is www.hometeamcollectibles.com

Please let me know what other info you need if any to get some help...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BDP does not affect the admin part of your shop at all

Ok thank you! Well I'm very new at this...so any suggestions on what i can do to fix this? I haven't made any other major coding changes to the site other than the basic design pack addition. Any help would be great! Thanks again!

FYI ... I tried installing a new "test" store with oscommerce and it provided me with the same error when i tried logging into the admin area....

Edited by ODPhi2Hype

I have a webstore currently running on osCommerce-2.2rc2a. I have the Basic Design Pack add-on installed and am very happy with the look and feel.

I am now attempting to install the Wishlist 5.1 add-on and all is well except that the CSS button function in the BDP seems to interfere with the Wishlist add-on. I have discovered that if I use the html_output-no-cssbuttons.php file, the Wishlist add-on works perfectly. But now none of my product images are appearing.

What I need to do is one of two things:

1. Figure out how to remove just the CSS button function from the html_output-rc2a.php file

OR

2. Figure out how to modify the Wishlist add-on to work with the CSS button functionality of the BDP.

Any ideas out there?

Hi,

I´m using basic desin pack which seemed to work fine. now I´m trying to install cart on/off add on #5999 and learn that I can´t change the header.php code according to #5999 instructions (the code just isn´t there anymore after BDP installation.

Then I thought I´d install the cart on/off first and then the BDP. But for that I´d need the code changes in header.php (from original header.php)

Does Anybody know where I can find this?

regard

Tom

I have a webstore currently running on osCommerce-2.2rc2a. I have the Basic Design Pack add-on installed and am very happy with the look and feel.

I am now attempting to install the Wishlist 5.1 add-on and all is well except that the CSS button function in the BDP seems to interfere with the Wishlist add-on. I have discovered that if I use the html_output-no-cssbuttons.php file, the Wishlist add-on works perfectly. But now none of my product images are appearing.

What I need to do is one of two things:

1. Figure out how to remove just the CSS button function from the html_output-rc2a.php file

OR

2. Figure out how to modify the Wishlist add-on to work with the CSS button functionality of the BDP.

Any ideas out there?

Easy way...just edit this file: includes/functions/html_output.php back to using graphical buttons.

check the included versions of it , if none are sutible then chekout the add-on named css buttons everywhere and follow the instructions in reverse order...

Hi,

I´m using basic desin pack which seemed to work fine. now I´m trying to install cart on/off add on #5999 and learn that I can´t change the header.php code according to #5999 instructions (the code just isn´t there anymore after BDP installation.

Then I thought I´d install the cart on/off first and then the BDP. But for that I´d need the code changes in header.php (from original header.php)

Does Anybody know where I can find this?

regard

Tom

You will need to adapt the instructions from the wanted add-on to work with the modified includes/header.php file code from BDP

Hi, Nick,

Thank you for providing and supporting this simple but nice contribution. I got two questions:

1. I use 1280x800 display and I can see 4 products per column comfortably. When I reduce the browser into smaller size, 800x600, I have to scoll to the right to view the whole page. I noticed some other sites change the product per column display automatically when browser size is changed. Can Basic Design Pack do this?

2. Is it possible to add a link at the bottom of product display page, we see Page 1, Page 2, etc. Is there a way to add a link like Display All?

Thank you.

Grant

Hi, Nick,

Thank you for providing and supporting this simple but nice contribution. I got two questions:

1. I use 1280x800 display and I can see 4 products per column comfortably. When I reduce the browser into smaller size, 800x600, I have to scoll to the right to view the whole page. I noticed some other sites change the product per column display automatically when browser size is changed. Can Basic Design Pack do this?

2. Is it possible to add a link at the bottom of product display page, we see Page 1, Page 2, etc. Is there a way to add a link like Display All?

Thank you.

Grant

Site change based on browser resolution: BR & R

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Link to Basic Design Pack

Basic design pack 1.0

This is not a real contribution as such...its just an easy to use short-cut to make your own osc design.

Included in this pack is:

- Fixed width with css by Devhype and Rhea Anthony

- Remove default images David Allen

What will this pack do?

1. It will center your shop and give you the possibilety to set outside background color in the stylesheet.

2. It will remove the default oscommerce cartoonish icons

3. It removes the rounded infobox corners and replaces them with square transparent ones, so you can change the colors in the styleaheet.

4. It removes the osCommerce banner in the footer

5. It will make it easy to have 1 top graphic logo filling the whole header width.

Thats it.....

How to use....Just drop over a defaut oscommerce shop.....and you are finished...

If you have any questions, well i am at the forum as always....best wishes Toyicebear

This contribution is ofcourse GNU, and used at your own risk..and so on..... ;-)

Sorry to sound thick... Just drop over!! does this mean open the folder and just upload contents or do you have to drag and drop whole folder to htdocs or do you have to find each folder on the server and drop into that particular file?

Sorry to sound thick... Just drop over!! does this mean open the folder and just upload contents or do you have to drag and drop whole folder to htdocs or do you have to find each folder on the server and drop into that particular file?

Yes you can drop the content files and folders into the correct folder on your hosting overwriting the files and folders with the same names there.

I am completely new to this stuff. I just got the basic design pack 2.5 but I have no idea what to do with it. I am using dreamweaver cs3 to edit. Where do I put all of the files? And how do I edit them? Please answer as if I am a complete idiot cause like I said I am brand new to this. Im just trying to change colors and add different logos!

I am completely new to this stuff. I just got the basic design pack 2.5 but I have no idea what to do with it. I am using dreamweaver cs3 to edit. Where do I put all of the files? And how do I edit them? Please answer as if I am a complete idiot cause like I said I am brand new to this. Im just trying to change colors and add different logos!

You drop the content files and folders into the correct folder on your web hosting overwriting the files and folders with the same names there.

For changing logo:

edit this file: includes/header.php

for changing colors:

edit this file: stylesheet.css

• 2 months later...

toycebear, I wonder if you could help me?

I have installed your contirbution but I don't remember which version, only that it was back in 2006.

My site is best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution which is ok I suppose since most of my visitors still use that resolution, but I notice that the greater the resolution, the greater the sides of the background. The actual shop still is ok but sort of looking thinner in the middle, this changes the look and feel quite a lot, so I was looking for a way to make it look the same at all resolutions.

Searching the net I found some advice to make one stylesheet for each resolution and have the shop load the stylesheet depending on which resolution the visitor has, but that would make a lot of different stylesheets in my view.

Is there another way to make the shop adapt to each resolution whilst keeping the proprotions it has at 1024 x 768?

Thanks for reading.

~ Don't mistake my kindness for weakness ~

toycebear, I wonder if you could help me?

I have installed your contirbution but I don't remember which version, only that it was back in 2006.

My site is best viewed at 1024 x 768 resolution which is ok I suppose since most of my visitors still use that resolution, but I notice that the greater the resolution, the greater the sides of the background. The actual shop still is ok but sort of looking thinner in the middle, this changes the look and feel quite a lot, so I was looking for a way to make it look the same at all resolutions.

Searching the net I found some advice to make one stylesheet for each resolution and have the shop load the stylesheet depending on which resolution the visitor has, but that would make a lot of different stylesheets in my view.

Is there another way to make the shop adapt to each resolution whilst keeping the proprotions it has at 1024 x 768?

Thanks for reading.

easy way is to make it a fixed with...

more a more adaptable way would be to use this BR&R

easy way is to make it a fixed with...

Forgive me, I probably missed something, but I thought your BDP contribution already made a fixed width through css? did I get this wrong? or do you mean something else entirely?

more a more adaptable way would be to use this BR&R

I had a look at this package (thank you for directing me to it), it deals with 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768, I assume one can add all other resoltions as well? sorry for all the questions.... :blush:

My problem is that when you look at my shop with 1024x768 res it's perfect, but if you try looking at it with say 1280 x 960, the background sides get bigger and the actual shop gets thinner in the middle. With 1280 x 720 the text is elongated.

Isabella

Edited by Biancoblu

Forgive me, I probably missed something, but I thought your BDP contribution already made a fixed width through css? did I get this wrong? or do you mean something else entirely?

I had a look at this package (thank you for directing me to it), it deals with 800 x 600 and 1024 x 768, I assume one can add all other resoltions as well? sorry for all the questions.... :blush:

My problem is that when you look at my shop with 1024x768 res it's perfect, but if you try looking at it with say 1280 x 960, the background sides get bigger and the actual shop gets thinner in the middle. With 1280 x 720 the text is elongated.

Isabella

If you are using BDP then your site have fixed with....

So the site will stay in the middle of the screen with a fixed width, if someone with a higher resolution views it it will not change size but the content around the web page content will "grow" ..... (ie. in your case the red around the site will get wider and wider as the resolution grows while the site content will stay fixed in the middle)

Yes I am using BDP.

in your case the red around the site will get wider and wider as the resolution grows while the site content will stay fixed in the middle

I got you, but is there a way to keep the same red background/site contents proportions throughout different resolutions so that it keeps the same look it has in 1024 x 768 ? I mean I don't like the fact that the background grows wider with bigger resolutions.