• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Hello Toyicebear,

Thank for your great basic desgin pack, i use it with great pleasure.

Could you please let me know how to put back the shopping cart image back in the header.php, i also want

to put 2 more pictures next to the shopping cart image as well.

I tried to put this back in the header:

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

But then it doesnt show in the shop.

Could you please help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rob Veraar

Hello Toyicebear,

Thank for your great basic desgin pack, i use it with great pleasure.

Could you please let me know how to put back the shopping cart image back in the header.php, i also want

to put 2 more pictures next to the shopping cart image as well.

I tried to put this back in the header:

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

But then it doesnt show in the shop.

Could you please help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Rob Veraar

If you add in that code also make sure that the images you want to use actually are available in the /images/ folder.

Check them out to they might have been replaced by a transparent gif, then you will have to add in new images instead.

If you add in that code also make sure that the images you want to use actually are available in the /images/ folder.

Check them out to they might have been replaced by a transparent gif, then you will have to add in new images instead.

Hi Toyicebear,

Thanks for your response.

I have managed to figured out and have the buttons in the header I want. But not like you told like above.

I have the exact same problem for my box tell a friend, i can't get the orignal "mail" image in the tell a friend box.

Here is the code in boxes/tell a friend

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('tell_a_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('to_email_address', '', 'size="10"') . ' ' . tep_image_submit('button_tell_a_friend.gif', BOX_HEADING_TELL_A_FRIEND) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . tep_hide_session_id() );

How or what code do i have to use to get the "oscommerce default image back" the button tell a friend.gif. (the mail icon!). I have tried many things, but i just cant make it happen for some reason. I only get the buttons made by the basic design pack.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance,

Rob Veraar

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Toyicebear,

Thanks for your response.

I have managed to figured out and have the buttons in the header I want. But not like you told like above.

I have the exact same problem for my box tell a friend, i can't get the orignal "mail" image in the tell a friend box.

Here is the code in boxes/tell a friend

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('form' => tep_draw_form('tell_a_friend', tep_href_link(FILENAME_TELL_A_FRIEND, '', 'NONSSL', false), 'get'),

'align' => 'center',

'text' => tep_draw_input_field('to_email_address', '', 'size="10"') . ' ' . tep_image_submit('button_tell_a_friend.gif', BOX_HEADING_TELL_A_FRIEND) . tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']) . tep_hide_session_id() );

How or what code do i have to use to get the "oscommerce default image back" the button tell a friend.gif. (the mail icon!). I have tried many things, but i just cant make it happen for some reason. I only get the buttons made by the basic design pack.

Hope you can help me.

Thank you in advance,

Rob Veraar

To get graphical buttons you will need to modify includes/functions/html_output.php

• 3 weeks later...

Yes you can set background color and yes you can use an image instead of a color definition if you so choose.

The section of the stylsheet whe this can be done is here:

BODY {

text-align: center;

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

.fixcenter {

width: 778px;

border: solid; border-width: 1px;

margin: auto;

margin-top: 20px;

text-align: left;

}

hi im totaly new to this, this contributions helped my forward but i want to add a image not a color but i dont understand

i have a image 1.gif were shall i put it and were shall i input the text 1.gif please help a novice

/marre

• 3 weeks later...
Yes you can set background color and yes you can use an image instead of a color definition if you so choose.

The section of the stylsheet whe this can be done is here:

BODY {

}

.fixcenter {

width: 778px;

border: solid; border-width: 1px;

margin: auto;

margin-top: 20px;

text-align: left;

}

hi im totaly new to this, this contributions helped my forward but i want to add a image not a color but i dont understand

i have a image 1.gif were shall i put it and were shall i input the text 1.gif please help a novice

/marre

BODY {

background="image path" style="background-repeat:"no-repeat, repeat,repeat-x,repeat-y ";

}

I saw no one has help you out.

Delete the blue text, place the path to your image in the green text, and choose how you want your background image to show, red text.

x is the width - y is the height.

eg.

BODY {

background="xxxx/gggg/hhh.gif" style="background-repeat:no-repeat";

}

Forgive me if this has been covered but I have been searching a while and I'm not finding what I need.

First, your contribution is great, it offered a few solutions that made my life easier. BUT, the right side of the table is not extending to where I need it. I have set the width at 850 but something is not right. I am not an expert at code but I have been able to work my way around alot of it. It is the same no matter what category I choose. I just need the solution spelled out for me... thank you!

You can view the page at http://polishpotterystore.com/catalog/

Forgive me if this has been covered but I have been searching a while and I'm not finding what I need.

First, your contribution is great, it offered a few solutions that made my life easier. BUT, the right side of the table is not extending to where I need it. I have set the width at 850 but something is not right. I am not an expert at code but I have been able to work my way around alot of it. It is the same no matter what category I choose. I just need the solution spelled out for me... thank you!

You can view the page at http://polishpotterystore.com/catalog/

If I could figure out how to delete my earlier post I would.... ugh it's been a long day. The answer to this just landed in my lap, all is good.

Hi,

I have just downloade the package and it solved a lot of problems, and created a few new ones...

1. In the category box there are "arrows" in front of each category. Can I change them somehow (color)?

2. The number indicating number of articles in the store (for each category) is on the line below:

Category

(234)

I would like to know how i can get it to look like the folowing:

Category (234)

3. Is ther now two columns in the category box?

Many thx for replies and solutions!

Hans

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

first off Great contribution, but how do i keep the banner>? I dont use the default osc banner but i do have banners and i dont want to upload it to the actual site until i figure out the banner, I am not sure where it gets turned off, ill poke around in footer, any help would be appreciated

Hi,

I have just downloade the package and it solved a lot of problems, and created a few new ones...

1. In the category box there are "arrows" in front of each category. Can I change them somehow (color)?

2. The number indicating number of articles in the store (for each category) is on the line below:

Category

(234)

I would like to know how i can get it to look like the folowing:

Category (234)

3. Is ther now two columns in the category box?

Many thx for replies and solutions!

Hans

1. yes you can just replace the images with new ones , the images can be found in this folder: images/categories/

2. you can edit the categories box code , the file can be found in this folder: includes/boxes/

I've got a dumb question for you.

I downloaded the file. Went to unzip it - it says it needs a password.

???

What is the password??

Thank you.

t

There is no unzip password

first off Great contribution, but how do i keep the banner>? I dont use the default osc banner but i do have banners and i dont want to upload it to the actual site until i figure out the banner, I am not sure where it gets turned off, ill poke around in footer, any help would be appreciated

You are on the right track, just add the banner code from the original footer into the one from the basic design pack....

Or use the original includes/footer.php file and just add this at the bottom of the file:

</div>

• 2 weeks later...

I love the contrib, I've been using it for a couple of years.

Recently I made a big change to my site. As I said, I like the contrib, but my store has so many boxes and so much information that it really looks cluttered at 800px. Personally I'm not a big fan of the small box format that is so popular since web2.0. I know some of my customers reach me via a PDA, so I didn't want to make it larger, at least all the time. I installed this stylesheet switcher java script: http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex9/...eetswitcher.htm

I put the styleswitcher in put it in header.php, I also pulled the oscommerce.gif file out of the box and put it above the switcher so that it doesn't get affected by the resize. Now my customers can choose 800, 1024, or 1200px widths. Check it out, my store is www.bayoucables.com

Edited by noahvale

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Great contrib.

I have start a fresh store to help with ideas for an existing store.

But I have run into a prob with Ultimate SEO and this contribution with includes/functions/html_output.php

As ultimate SEO wants me to replace The HTML href link wrapper function with their own but I noticed that in the html_output.php included with contrib, The HTML href link wrapper function is significantly different to the original.

How would I go about fixing this.

Sorry if it was already discussed but I had a look through all 49 pages and I must have missed it.

This is my first real experience at using php.

Hey Great contrib.

I have start a fresh store to help with ideas for an existing store.

But I have run into a prob with Ultimate SEO and this contribution with includes/functions/html_output.php

As ultimate SEO wants me to replace The HTML href link wrapper function with their own but I noticed that in the html_output.php included with contrib, The HTML href link wrapper function is significantly different to the original.

How would I go about fixing this.

Sorry if it was already discussed but I had a look through all 49 pages and I must have missed it.

This is my first real experience at using php.

You can just replace the link wrapper function in the contrib with the ultimate seo url one...

But dont change the functions below the link wrapper function...

You can just replace the link wrapper function in the contrib with the ultimate seo url one...

But dont change the functions below the link wrapper function...

Cool thanks, Nice and easy.

I have another one for you.

I am looking to change the font height and style of the category and manufacturer titles within the main column and they dont seem to be in the stylesheet.css I had a look around and cant seem to spot it.

So what I did was added a new style H1 to my stylesheet with the styles I wanted as I notice by viewing the source through my browser that they were wrapped in H1 tags.

Doing this seems to add the style changes to the title and the price.

Is there a better way to go about this or will this do the job with out any conflicts in the future.

I have Header Tags SEO aswell dont know if it makes a difference.

I have installed the design pack 2.5 and it looks great. I noticed though that I now have a blurb saying new products for April. I did not see that before. Is it from the design pack. If so Can I get rid of it or find it on a page to temporaly cancel it out. If I have now new products in a certain month I would not want that showing.

Pat

Me again. I also noticed that a few of my buttons are now changed to just text, like the checkout button and the continue shopping button. I am also not sure if this is part of the dicussion or not. But when i rest my mouse over top of a catagory the manufacture name slides out to the side is there anyway to make this a dropdown menu.

Pat

I have installed the design pack 2.5 and it looks great. I noticed though that I now have a blurb saying new products for April. I did not see that before. Is it from the design pack. If so Can I get rid of it or find it on a page to temporaly cancel it out. If I have now new products in a certain month I would not want that showing.

Pat

That is a standard oscommerce feature, you can remove it by editing this file: index.php

Thank-you Nick I will look again to see if I can find it. I also have STS installed could this be preventing me from seeing it on index.php I striped the main page text and all the coding out of index.php. Now I will try to design a look I want.

Pat