• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

The BDP has individual image folders for all the boxes, so to change the corners you will need to add the wanted corner graphics to all the box folders which is inside the images folder

Thanks, got it working fine now.

Another small thing: do you know how to remove the arrow in cart header - it seems not working with the "false/true" adjustment with your contrib (or maybe I don't get it).

Thanks

Lollo

The true/false part of the statement is only for the box corners, the link or not part is to show or not show the arrow.

to remove the error from for instance the shopping cart box, change this:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, true, tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART));

to this:

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, true);

BDP 2.2 Released

Changes from 2.1 to 2.2

The originaly used thumbnailer (automatic thumbnails 3v17) has been removed due to causing http 500 error headings on some hosting/server setups and have now been replaced with ('On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library) .

One more alternative html_output.php added to the pack. This html_output.php is for those who use the latest oscommerce snapshot , osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate2a.

Thanks for the usefull contri.

I am using the 2.1 everything works fine, but I got in mine Validate HTML the next error the div is not allowed here.

1. Error Line 242, Column 122: document type does not allow element "DIV" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag.

…c81a50a642dbfbec4668eb32273e303"><div> class="cssButton"> Volgende 

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

Is there somebody to fix this problem

Thanks for the usefull contri.

I am using the 2.1 everything works fine, but I got in mine Validate HTML the next error the div is not allowed here.

1. Error Line 242, Column 122: document type does not allow element "DIV" here; missing one of "APPLET", "OBJECT", "MAP", "IFRAME", "BUTTON" start-tag.

…c81a50a642dbfbec4668eb32273e303"><div> class="cssButton"> Volgende 

The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").

Is there somebody to fix this problem

For W3C validation look in the contributions section for guides/contribs to make the shop XHTML or HTML compliant.

Hello,

Great contrib.

I want to change the My Account / Shopping cart / Checkout links to custom images..

what do i change, and to what?

edit this file includes/header.php

Hi -

The inclusion of the GDLib thumbnailer doesn't seem to work "out of the box" - isn't there any install procedure to that (I had no problems with the BDP 2.1 (great thing, thanks a lot!), but now the pictures won't show, unless they are smaller than the set options in OSC admin. - see for instance http://www.ebib1800.dk/catalog/index.php/cPath/28

Hi -

The inclusion of the GDLib thumbnailer doesn't seem to work "out of the box" - isn't there any install procedure to that (I had no problems with the BDP 2.1 (great thing, thanks a lot!), but now the pictures won't show, unless they are smaller than the set options in OSC admin. - see for instance http://www.ebib1800.dk/catalog/index.php/cPath/28

If you have no problems with the old thumbnailer from 2.1 , then you can use that one.

Just download BDP 2.1 and use the includes/html_output.php from that pack instead.

If you use BDP 2.1 or older , test your that your sites HTTP headers are ok here...

Alternatively you can install another thumbnailer or a newer version of the thumbnailer in BDP 2.2 .

Edited by toyicebear

If you have no problems with the old thumbnailer from 2.1 , then you can use that one.

Just download BDP 2.1 and use the includes/html_output.php from that pack instead.

If you use BDP 2.1 or older , test your that your sites HTTP headers are ok here...

Alternatively you can install another thumbnailer or a newer version of the thumbnailer in BDP 2.2 .

I went back to the html_output.php from v. 2.1, so now everything seems right again :o) Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

I love this bdp! Thank you for your contribution. I'm new to this and my store is looking better everytime.

I have a couple of questions..

I went to add a background image..

Here is what I put:

BODY {

text-align: center;

background-image: url("images/bg.jpg");

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

It doesn't show up, even after I've hit CTRL + F5 several times.

Here is my store url:

http://poisonedprincess.com/oscommerce/catalog/index.php

2nd question..

I set my show catagory count to false since the count was showing on a line underneath catagory item.

They are still there. I've refreshed several times.

Any ideas?

Last question..

When you click on a product..to the right of Let's see what we have here is a broken image?

I'm not sure what this is.

Example:

http://poisonedprincess.com/oscommerce/cat...ex.php/cPath/31

Thank you again for your awesome support.

New version of BDP released: BDP2.4

Whats new in BDP2.4:

A new and improved version of the thumbnailer have been added and Gosub's changes for width and height of css buttons have also been added.

good job this contrib

now i have a question, to update from 2.2 to 2.4 is need to upload all files?

it is because a have a lot of changes in my store, and i dont want do it again

can you tell us want files are changed

i thinks it is important for the updates

thanks

good job this contrib

now i have a question, to update from 2.2 to 2.4 is need to upload all files?

it is because a have a lot of changes in my store, and i dont want do it again

can you tell us want files are changed

i thinks it is important for the updates

thanks

Upgrade instructions are included in the readme file in the pack.

From the readme file in BDP2.4

Upgrade for versions 2.3 and under:

1. Copy the file product_thumb.php into your shops main folder.

2. Copy the wanted version of html_output.php into your shops includes/functions/ folder.

A small detail in regards to upgrading older versions was left out of the readme for BDP2.4, so here is the complete one:

1. Copy the file product_thumb.php into your shops main folder.

2. Copy the wanted version of html_output.php into your shops includes/functions/ folder.

3. Copy the image no_image.jpg into your /images/ folder

Edited by toyicebear

Thank you so much Jorge! That fixed my background!

You're a doll.

thanks

now i m studing a way to put rounded corners in the main table and shadow, i know it is possible but i dont know how.

if someone knows could help me/us.

i allready see this: http://www.maujor.com/tutorial/box-arred.php

it is in portuguese (my language), but the code you understand :D

thanks for help

Edited by JorgeCosta

thanks

now i m studing a way to put rounded corners in the main table and shadow, i know it is possible but i dont know how.

if someone knows could help me/us.

i allready see this: http://www.maujor.com/tutorial/box-arred.php

it is in portuguese (my language), but the code you understand :D

thanks for help

transparent gifs for rounded corners

Shadowbox

Excellent contrib!

It saves a lot of time removing the cartonish icos.

I have a question?

After I installed the contribution the table_background_XXX.gif icons where removed but I still see the place holders for the images.

I'd like to do one of two things:

1. Change the images and be able to resize them (at the moment they are fixed to 40px x 40px I don't know where)

Please see http://www.techcity.yakidoo.com/

2. Remove the place holders from the page

http://www.techcity.yakidoo.com/login.php

Thanks in advance.