• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

So to use an image for the background where exactly in this code segment do you enter the image location?

In the stylesheet.css file, if you want an image on the outside of the website you add it under the body tag , if you want it in the center of the site you add it under the fixcenter tag

Edited by toyicebear

I've finally finished the design of my store and am now looking at adding contributions to add functionality.

Is there anyone here who is using Basic Design Pack and the Extra Fields contribution together? Could you post the issues you've had if any. Seeing as most of the code changes with Extra fields are done in the admin area i can't imagine there will be to many problems but thought i'd ask.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am a newbie to oscommerce and the programming, I was able to install this contribution and customize it a little, however I am stuck in my progress trying to figure out a few things. Any help would be appreciated.

1.what file controls these fonts and menus?

2.What file controls this space. I would like to put up store information and links, pix

3. this contribution seems to get rid of the banner. how can i put the banner here and control the params from the admin.

4. what file do I alter to put information in this area, links and graphics

5. How can I install a mp3 player on my site.

thanks for any help.

screenshot.jpg

I have installed this contrib and after that used the stylesheet to modify the looks of all the boxes to my liking. After that I installed two contributions with there own boxes, Article manager and Latest news. These boxes however is shown with their original look. I now want to change them to the same look as the rest but cannot figure out how this is done in the Basic Design Pack contribution.

Can you give me a hint how this is done.

Hi

I have 2 questions. I've gone in circles for the last few hours:

1. how do i increase the width of ths shopping box in the column_right?

2. how do i move the button underneath the search entry window?

You can see this at: http://www.gamecentral.com.au/index.php

Thanks

Adam

SOLVED ... I found another solution

I have installed this contrib and after that used the stylesheet to modify the looks of all the boxes to my liking. After that I installed two contributions with there own boxes, Article manager and Latest news. These boxes however is shown with their original look. I now want to change them to the same look as the rest but cannot figure out how this is done in the Basic Design Pack contribution.

Can you give me a hint how this is done.

You can modify the new boxes you have added to use one of the packs box classes

Hello I am a newbie to oscommerce and the programming, I was able to install this contribution and customize it a little, however I am stuck in my progress trying to figure out a few things. Any help would be appreciated.

1.what file controls these fonts and menus?

2.What file controls this space. I would like to put up store information and links, pix

3. this contribution seems to get rid of the banner. how can i put the banner here and control the params from the admin.

4. what file do I alter to put information in this area, links and graphics

5. How can I install a mp3 player on my site.

thanks for any help.

1. stylesheet.css

2. index.php

3. add in the banner code from the default oscommerce includes/footer.php file again.

4. This would require a major rewrite of many files,

5. look in the contributions section

Hi

I have 2 questions. I've gone in circles for the last few hours:

1. how do i increase the width of ths shopping box in the column_right?

2. how do i move the button underneath the search entry window?

You can see this at: http://www.gamecentral.com.au/index.php

Thanks

Adam

1. the boxes and column width is controlled in includes/application_top.php

2. you can modify the search box file

1. stylesheet.css

2. index.php

3. add in the banner code from the default oscommerce includes/footer.php file again.

4. This would require a major rewrite of many files,

5. look in the contributions section

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Toyicebear,

Thank you for your great contribution.

I'm totally new to osCommerce as well as php. Hope you can help me with my problem here:

When I installed the BDP, my left and right columns' tables disappeared. I installed Great Categories and I got back my 'Categories' table. But the other tables like "What's new?" "Quick find" and "Information" as well as the tables on the right hand side of the page are still missing. How can I change them to look like the "Categories" table?

http://yarnandkisses.com

Thank you!

Hello Toyicebear,

Thank you for your great contribution.

I'm totally new to osCommerce as well as php. Hope you can help me with my problem here:

When I installed the BDP, my left and right columns' tables disappeared. I installed Great Categories and I got back my 'Categories' table. But the other tables like "What's new?" "Quick find" and "Information" as well as the tables on the right hand side of the page are still missing. How can I change them to look like the "Categories" table?

http://yarnandkisses.com

Thank you!

Hi, I managed to solve the problem. :D

Hi,

How can change this "3. It removes the rounded infobox corners and replaces them with square transparent ones, so you can change the colors in the styleaheet.", and instead use my own produced graphics for box header background, if possible? Where do I change this?

This is a very useful contribution.

Thank you,

Lollo

Hi,

How can change this "3. It removes the rounded infobox corners and replaces them with square transparent ones, so you can change the colors in the styleaheet.", and instead use my own produced graphics for box header background, if possible? Where do I change this?

This is a very useful contribution.

Thank you,

Lollo

Inside the BDP you can find transparent inforbox corner graphics

Hello,

This contrib. made my life much easier but i have still one issue in that contrib which i have not figured out.

Maybe it is coming from anywhere else, but it just happened after the installation.

Since I installed the pack, i do have some buttons in German and some in english.

Where can i change the text of those css buttons or where is the link to them?

Hello,

This contrib. made my life much easier but i have still one issue in that contrib which i have not figured out.

Maybe it is coming from anywhere else, but it just happened after the installation.

Since I installed the pack, i do have some buttons in German and some in english.

Any ideas are very welcome.

Thanks in advacne,

Bernhard

Hello,

Any ideas are very welcome.

Thanks in advacne,

Bernhard

The button texts are in the main language files, like:

includes/languages/english.php

includes/languages/greman.php

includes/languages/espanol.php

etc...

How to remove the CSS defined buttons???

This has been discussed many times in this tread, so if you want to find out how...start reading this support tread from page 1.

Hi!

Thank you.

I am trying to implement the contribution "Search Box anywhere" with this pack, and I am not able to combine it in the top of the header with a header pic that has full width, eg my site is 800 px, my header pic is 800 px, and when I implement the contribution, aligned to the right in a separate table cell, it is shown "outside" the site, to the right of the header. Is it a way to make it shown "on top" of the header pic, with the pic behind/in the background of the search box?

Thank you,

Lollo

Hallo again,

I am trying to go back to the "old" look of the info boxes, using the pack, with own produced graphics with rounded corners, but can not get it right when replacing the graphics with new ones - the only one I can replace is the corner-left, despite the new uploaded files.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Lollo

Hallo again,

I am trying to go back to the "old" look of the info boxes, using the pack, with own produced graphics with rounded corners, but can not get it right when replacing the graphics with new ones - the only one I can replace is the corner-left, despite the new uploaded files.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Lollo

The BDP has individual image folders for all the boxes, so to change the corners you will need to add the wanted corner graphics to all the box folders which is inside the images folder

Hi!

Thank you.

I am trying to implement the contribution "Search Box anywhere" with this pack, and I am not able to combine it in the top of the header with a header pic that has full width, eg my site is 800 px, my header pic is 800 px, and when I implement the contribution, aligned to the right in a separate table cell, it is shown "outside" the site, to the right of the header. Is it a way to make it shown "on top" of the header pic, with the pic behind/in the background of the search box?

Thank you,

Lollo

You will have to manually change and place in the code to get that to work.

You will have to manually change and place in the code to get that to work.

Thanks. Do you know where and how that is done, and is it easier to do it with original OsCommerce, without your changes?

Thanks. Do you know where and how that is done, and is it easier to do it with original OsCommerce, without your changes?

Just check and make sure that new code is placed correctly within the html tags