• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Ahh, I figured out the broken graphic. It was for the category graphic. Is there a way to turn that off? I looked all through the configuration and images settings and didn't see a way to turn off the graphic.

My last chore is to get the little arrows next to the categories in the same dark green as my font.

We have noticed that the CSS buttons render differently within the site depending on what computer o/s and browser are used. That would make sense, but different buttons look different even on the same page. I thought all the buttons were supposed to look the same? They do on my computer.

ordinary link buttons and the form buttons might show differently.

You can set require images to false in admin, then the red cross should not show.

The arrows are images so its just to replace them with one in the color you want.

• 2 weeks later...

Link to Basic Design Pack

Basic design pack 1.0

Hello,

I just installed this pack (ver 1-9_1.zip) in my shop www.123shopstreet.nl/oscommerce

Please look.

At the leftside are missing links (what's new and More).

It shoot be a gif called corner_right_left.gif in the WhatsnewBox.

In my dir I can see it, but it d'nt show in the homepage

What is wrong??

Link to Basic Design Pack

Basic design pack 1.0

Hello,

I just installed this pack (ver 1-9_1.zip) in my shop www.123shopstreet.nl/oscommerce

Please look.

At the leftside are missing links (what's new and More).

It shoot be a gif called corner_right_left.gif in the WhatsnewBox.

In my dir I can see it, but it d'nt show in the homepage

What is wrong??

looks like you have not uploaded all the files and images , alternatively that the latest version on the contrib page is not complete...i would not know since its not uploaded by me....

So use the last version uploaded by ME, and make sure you overwrite all files and images.

So far, this pack has been pretty helpful.

However, I'm lost about two things:

Whenever I click on "My Account" and "Checkout" it leads to a forbidden page. How do I fix this?

And a minor problem: How do I take out specific boxes like Manufacturers, Reviews, Languages, etc.?

So far, this pack has been pretty helpful.

However, I'm lost about two things:

Whenever I click on "My Account" and "Checkout" it leads to a forbidden page. How do I fix this?

And a minor problem: How do I take out specific boxes like Manufacturers, Reviews, Languages, etc.?

This might be because you have ssl enabled in the configuration ( includes/configuration.php ) and your server do not have ssl or if it has ssl the you probably have set the wrong https path in the same file.

To remove boxes , remove the code which calles the box in one of these 2 files :

includes/column_left.php

or

includes/column_left.php

Hey,

I have just recently tried to install this The Basics Design Pack. I have uploaded it in the Catlog folder in the file manager and it has been unzipped but fails to do anything to enhance the site. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hey,

I have just recently tried to install this The Basics Design Pack. I have uploaded it in the Catlog folder in the file manager and it has been unzipped but fails to do anything to enhance the site. Any help or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

It should be unziped first on your local computer, then upload and overwrite the files on your server/hosting according to the included instructions.

First time viewing your site after implemented the BDP , press CTRL + F5.

Thank you so much for this great contribution! :thumbsup: I am just getting started so I have not made many modifications yet but I have run into an issue. :unsure: I am trying to make sure that everything works as I go. :blush: I haven't added a header or even changed the main text. BUT I have read through this entire support section (33 of the 35 pages! I skimmed the last two ;) ) and did a search for this issue specifically and coudn't find anything.

Here is the problem: When you click on any top level category or product on the index page, it takes you to an error 404 Page cannot be found instead of listing the next set of categories or taking you to the product page; so no sub categories are showing and you cannot get to the one product except through the look by manufacturer. BUT even that won't let you see the actual product, if you click on it you get the error 404 page.

I installed the BDP with no problem, I deleted all the original categories/products and added new categories and sub categories then I tested the links. I got the error 404 page, so I tried adding a product (quantity 10) to see if that was the issue (empty sub category) but I get the same error.

The only other thing I did was run the MySQL querry concerning countries to only show the US.

the catalog link is (no www): bestsewingdeals.com//OSCommerce/catalog/index.php

WAIT: I lied ;) I did one other change and it is possible it could be the cause but I don't think so because everything worked after the install. The other change was the "no buy button if quantity 0" contribution ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...button+quantity ) BUT that was working (everything was working) with the default products and categories. I tried it out with the fake products in order to avoid problems with "real" products. All the sub categories for the stock DVDs worked fine even after I installed this mod.

I did not get the error until I changed the categories and added new ones and new sub categories. I hope this all makes sense!

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Any help or pointing in the right direction is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

K

Thank you so much for this great contribution! :thumbsup: I am just getting started so I have not made many modifications yet but I have run into an issue. :unsure: I am trying to make sure that everything works as I go. :blush: I haven't added a header or even changed the main text. BUT I have read through this entire support section (33 of the 35 pages! I skimmed the last two ;) ) and did a search for this issue specifically and coudn't find anything.

Here is the problem: When you click on any top level category or product on the index page, it takes you to an error 404 Page cannot be found instead of listing the next set of categories or taking you to the product page; so no sub categories are showing and you cannot get to the one product except through the look by manufacturer. BUT even that won't let you see the actual product, if you click on it you get the error 404 page.

I installed the BDP with no problem, I deleted all the original categories/products and added new categories and sub categories then I tested the links. I got the error 404 page, so I tried adding a product (quantity 10) to see if that was the issue (empty sub category) but I get the same error.

The only other thing I did was run the MySQL querry concerning countries to only show the US.

the catalog link is (no www): bestsewingdeals.com//OSCommerce/catalog/index.php

WAIT: I lied ;) I did one other change and it is possible it could be the cause but I don't think so because everything worked after the install. The other change was the "no buy button if quantity 0" contribution ( http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...button+quantity ) BUT that was working (everything was working) with the default products and categories. I tried it out with the fake products in order to avoid problems with "real" products. All the sub categories for the stock DVDs worked fine even after I installed this mod.

I did not get the error until I changed the categories and added new ones and new sub categories. I hope this all makes sense!

Any ideas on what could be causing this? Any help or pointing in the right direction is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

K

1. check this file: includes/configure.php

Your path info is wrongly set, take notice of the double // in your url.

2. go to your shops admin, configuration>>my store and set use search engine safe urls to false

1. check this file: includes/configure.php

Your path info is wrongly set, take notice of the double // in your url.

2. go to your shops admin, configuration>>my store and set use search engine safe urls to false

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! It was the safe urls issue that was causing it.

You said the path info is wrongly set in the includes/configure.php, what should it look like? I actually have two different shops and both have the // in the link, both with the same hosting company but on different servers. The other shop has not been modified at all. I just installed it and added products. :blink:

I went to the page through the file manager and got this error message: Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/www/bestsewingdeals.com/OSCommerce/catalog/includes/configure.php

This is the content of the file:

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://bestsewingdeals.com//OSCommerce'); // eg, [url="http://localhost"]http://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', 'https://bestsewingdeals.com//OSCommerce'); // eg, [url="https://localhost"]https://localhost[/url] - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'bestsewingdeals.com/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', 'bestsewingdeals.com/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', dirname($HTTP_SERVER_VARS['SCRIPT_FILENAME']));
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'supremecenter51.com'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxx-xxx');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxxxxx');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxxx-xxx');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', ''); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'
?>

Can I just delete the extra / and upload it via ftp? or will that cause more problems?

Thanks again for the help! :thumbsup:

K

Ok, this is really weird!

In the last post I listed the contents of the includes/configure.php as accessed through the admin section under tools/file manager.

However, I just downloaded it via ftp and it is different:

// define our webserver variables
// FS = Filesystem (physical)
// WS = Webserver (virtual)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://bestsewingdeals.com/OSCommerce/'); // eg, [url="http://localhost"]http://localhost[/url] or - [url="https://localhost"]https://localhost[/url] should not be NULL for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', 'https://bestsewingdeals.com/OSCommerce/');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/catalog/admin/');
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_ADMIN);
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/OSCommerce/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT . DIR_WS_CATALOG);
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

It doesn't have the double // that Toyicebear said was an incorrect file path. Why would they be different and is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

K

that is the admin/includes/configure.php file and not includes/configure.php

that is the admin/includes/configure.php file and not includes/configure.php

DUH! Sorry! It has been a long, long day. :lol:

Ok, I think I finally fixed it! I opened it with HTML-Kit made the change and tried to upload it about 50 times before I realized that the permissions set for that folder were not allowing it to change anything! >_< :lol:

I changed the permission long enough to upload the correction and it took. I haven't seen any errors and the // is now just /. I wonder what caused it to begin with. I will have to go into the other storefront and make the same fix, but at least I know how to do it. ;)

Thanks again for all your assistance! :thumbsup:

K

Edited by shartlesville

Has anyone else tried this one RC1 yet? Can anyone confirm if they hit any problems?

I have a copy of rc1, which i started to manually remove/alter much of what has been done in this great pack.

I want to running with paypal ipn (not the included mod)but the one by terra, so planning to add both mods, but unsure which order to apply them and if they are compatible.

Anyone else done these two on RC1? Paypal IPN and BDP 1.9a?

BDP 2.0

Changes from 1.9 to 2.0:

One more alternative html_output.php added to the pack. This html_output.php is for those who use the latest oscommerce snapshot , osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1.

BDP 2.0

Changes from 1.9 to 2.0:

One more alternative html_output.php added to the pack. This html_output.php is for those who use the latest oscommerce snapshot , osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 Release Candidate 1.

Brilliant.. and very timely for me.. thankyou indeed! :thumbsup:

Brilliant.. and very timely for me.. thankyou indeed! :thumbsup:

Right, I have applied BDP 2.0 and the RC1 html output file. However, a couple of points, if you have alook at this screen capture: Screen Capture

1) There is a black outline around the entire of the shop. How can this be removed? I have struggled to find where it is generated, though i am probably being dim.. sorry.

2) There is an anouying white "gap" in the header, on the right of the "Checkout" link. I want to add a background image to the header, but I get this anouying white line along the entire header edge. I think it might be an artifact relating to the old header structure, but cannot locate it. How can this be removed please.

and finally

3) The Catagory count values Eg Hardware (6) are split onto two lines. Again, cannot seem to resolve this either.

Despite this minor issues, the installation was easy and rest appears to be working so far, though i am still testing the site.

Edited by ninthgoose

Right, I have applied BDP 2.0 and the RC1 html output file. However, a couple of points, if you have alook at this screen capture: Screen Capture

1) There is a black outline around the entire of the shop. How can this be removed? I have struggled to find where it is generated, though i am probably being dim.. sorry.

2) There is an anouying white "gap" in the header, on the right of the "Checkout" link. I want to add a background image to the header, but I get this anouying white line along the entire header edge. I think it might be an artifact relating to the old header structure, but cannot locate it. How can this be removed please.

and finally

3) The Catagory count values Eg Hardware (6) are split onto two lines. Again, cannot seem to resolve this either.

Despite this minor issues, the installation was easy and rest appears to be working so far, though i am still testing the site.

all the 3 questions has been answered already earlier in this support tread, its just to start to read from page 1 and those and more answers to the usual questions will be revealed......

Hi Nick (Toyicebear)

Firstly thank you, for the amazing work you have put into this.

I am building a site locally, so I can't give you a link. I read most of this thread, even tried a few different searches, but I couldn't find anything (sorry if I missed it)

I have 2 minor problems:

1) some of my CSS buttons are not aligned properly. For example, my checkout button is aligned at the top not middle, as defined in css css_buttons.jpg

2) some of my images are squashed on the product info page. It works on some, but not others. The thumbnails work perfectly. Could it be because the larger image is smaller than the specified large image? On the example below the left image is the file that I uploaded, the right image is the one on my local site.

squashed_images.jpg

Thanks

TJ

For example, my checkout button is aligned at the top not middle, as defined in css

this is how i defined the position of the text in the css button

.cssButton {
 vertical-align: middle;
}

1) some of my CSS buttons are not aligned properly. For example, my checkout button is aligned at the top not middle, as defined in css css_buttons.jpg

I was trying as many variables I could in CSS, and have found the solution. I changed the height to auto from a set size. They aren't as big as I wanted, but now they aren't different.

was:

.cssButton {

height: 35px;

}

now:

.cssButton {

height: auto;

}

Still unsure on why my images are squashed

I was trying as many variables I could in CSS, and have found the solution. I changed the height to auto from a set size. They aren't as big as I wanted, but now they aren't different.

was:

.cssButton {

height: 35px;

}

now:

.cssButton {

height: auto;

}

Still unsure on why my images are squashed

Regarding the images, it can be related to several issues.

1. you use image names with spaces in them.... try to name your images without spaces

2. You use gifs , try to use jpg

3. image size , try to keep the size of your images larger than the set image size

Edited by toyicebear