• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Hi Toyicebear,

I really liked this contribution. I have 2 questions:

1.) In the style sheet I see how to change the header (I just love that!)

Old site shop site and I want to use your BDP script to add my graphic footer to the footer on store site.

TR.header {

background: #ffffff;

background-image: url("images/table_top7.jpg"); <--made my own change

height: 40px;

}

I needed a footer that looked the same so I tried:

TR.footer {

background-image: url("images/table_top7.jpg");

}

It just made the footer 40px tall! I am sure I missed something here.

2.) Also I have used just the fixed width site with css contrib for another site and I know its the same scipt inside the BDP but it looks different on Digital Embroidery. Can you see the difference in the layout besides the graphical boxes? Digital Emboidery lines up perfecly and Skintopia's header and footer bars are slightly longer...weird.

Again, thanks for your help. I read almost every post, and you have such patience!

Alex

Hi Toyicebear,

I really liked this contribution. I have 2 questions:

1.) In the style sheet I see how to change the header (I just love that!)

Old site shop site and I want to use your BDP script to add my graphic footer to the footer on store site.

TR.header {

background-image: url("images/table_top7.jpg"); <--made my own change

}

I needed a footer that looked the same so I tried:

TR.footer {

background-image: url("images/table_top7.jpg");

}

It just made the footer 40px tall! I am sure I missed something here.

2.) Also I have used just the fixed width site with css contrib for another site and I know its the same scipt inside the BDP but it looks different on Digital Embroidery. Can you see the difference in the layout besides the graphical boxes? Digital Emboidery lines up perfecly and Skintopia's header and footer bars are slightly longer...weird.

Again, thanks for your help. I read almost every post, and you have such patience!

Alex

1. If you want a graphical background in the footer you will also have to edit includes/footer.php

2. Its not wierd, the difference comes from the graphical box contrib.

Standard oscommerce aswell as BDP have a table padding setting which makes the boxes line up some px inn from the edge.

This can be edited/changed in all the .php files in the main folder.

alternatively you can edit only the footer and header to use the same padding to get it lined up in an easier way

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried to install the Basic Design Pack. I just have one problem, my thumbs don't show up.

When I click to enlarge the picture, I get the big picture, so that's no problem

I just don't see any thumbs.

How can I solve this?

Hello,

I tried to install the Basic Design Pack. I just have one problem, my thumbs don't show up.

When I click to enlarge the picture, I get the big picture, so that's no problem

I just don't see any thumbs.

How can I solve this?

You fix that by using on of the alternative includes/functions/html_output.php

eighter one without automatic thumbnails or one with the alternative automatic thumbnails

This you can also read about in the readme.txt file included in the package.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

First off the basic design pack is brilliant in its simplicity, I find too much graphics reduces usability - this contribution was a godsend.

I'm almost there, but the product listing has an alternating background colour.

How can I make it draw a box or a line to separate each product instead? The white surrounds from the images I uploaded look pantsy on the grey ones, but fine on the white ones!!!

look here for more example:

www.konnexstore.co.uk

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Even if its just disabling grey background entirely.

cheers

Jon

Hi all

First off the basic design pack is brilliant in its simplicity, I find too much graphics reduces usability - this contribution was a godsend.

I'm almost there, but the product listing has an alternating background colour.

How can I make it draw a box or a line to separate each product instead? The white surrounds from the images I uploaded look pantsy on the grey ones, but fine on the white ones!!!

look here for more example:

www.konnexstore.co.uk

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Even if its just disabling grey background entirely.

cheers

Jon

You can set the listing to be all one color if you like in stylesheet.css

You can set the listing to be all one color if you like in stylesheet.css

Sorry - i should have looked more carefully - I couldnt see the colouration settings anywhere so i assumed it was written into the php.......

for everyone else - here's how i changed it:

in stylesheet.css

find:

TD.productListing-data {

font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 10px;

}

after font size, add the following two lines

background: #FFFFFF;

border-bottom: thin solid #dddddd

Now it has a thin grey line between each product and a white background, instead of the alternating white and grey.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have installed a fresh new OSC onto my server, I have used the UK based OSC to install with... I then attempted to install Basic Design Pack and i got nothing but the header... I have no idea what i have done wrong, i uploaded and overwrote ALL files within the latest version and attempted the version before that one too, i keep getting the same thing... I then tried to just overwrite the cartoonish icons by replacing and overwriting the table_background images and again no difference.

It must be something i have done wrong but i can't figure out what...

I have overwrote every single file individually and tried with several different ftp's just incase...

Please help before i lose the last of my hair :)

Incase it helps here is the url to my website http://divine-destiny.co.uk

Thank you for any help you can suggest...

Hello,

I have installed a fresh new OSC onto my server, I have used the UK based OSC to install with... I then attempted to install Basic Design Pack and i got nothing but the header... I have no idea what i have done wrong, i uploaded and overwrote ALL files within the latest version and attempted the version before that one too, i keep getting the same thing... I then tried to just overwrite the cartoonish icons by replacing and overwriting the table_background images and again no difference.

It must be something i have done wrong but i can't figure out what...

I have overwrote every single file individually and tried with several different ftp's just incase...

Please help before i lose the last of my hair :)

Incase it helps here is the url to my website http://divine-destiny.co.uk

Thank you for any help you can suggest...

The most common reason for problems is hosting/server incompabilety with the automatic thumbnails system included, so you should thry to use one of the other included html_output.php versions.

They are located in this folder in the pack catalog/includes/functions/

The most common reason for problems is hosting/server incompabilety with the automatic thumbnails system included, so you should thry to use one of the other included html_output.php versions.

They are located in this folder in the pack catalog/includes/functions/

You're awesome... I see what i did wrong now, i had put all the html_output.php in there, i took them all out except one and it's working now... I had better decide on which one i should keep?

Thanks for the help! :)

One other quick question if you get a moment to answer...

I am trying to change the headings to jpg images. I tried adding the line:

background-image: url('images/some_graphic.jpg');

To link the image to it but that didn't work. I then tried to use the oscommerce knowledge base instructions of adding coding to boxes.php and other files but found that it conflicted with what i have in the Basic design packs alterations (i think?) and i didn't want to break anything so i reversed changes.

Would i need to find a way to add that code as suggested by oscommerce knowledge base or is there something i'm doing wrong in the css and it's really that simple?

I have also tried editing the english.php file which did work but it had a background to the image which wasn't too desirable...

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

I have installed the pack Awsome... However I do have one small minor problem.

When a product is selected this brings up a notifications box on the right hand coloumn. However if you click the little arrow above it passes out to a dead link of http://www.yoururl.com/catalog/FILENAME_PR...T_NOTIFICATIONS can anyone tell me 1) where this link is called from 2) Where it is supposed to link to. Hope someone can help :thumbsup:

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
One other quick question if you get a moment to answer...

I am trying to change the headings to jpg images. I tried adding the line:

background-image: url('images/some_graphic.jpg');

To link the image to it but that didn't work. I then tried to use the oscommerce knowledge base instructions of adding coding to boxes.php and other files but found that it conflicted with what i have in the Basic design packs alterations (i think?) and i didn't want to break anything so i reversed changes.

Would i need to find a way to add that code as suggested by oscommerce knowledge base or is there something i'm doing wrong in the css and it's really that simple?

I have also tried editing the english.php file which did work but it had a background to the image which wasn't too desirable...

Any help is appreciated,

Thanks.

You can change the image in the stylesheet.css file , but as always you have to press CTRL + F5 when viewing your site first time after having done stylesheet changes to actually see the result.

The boxes in BDP uses individual classes, so if you do any modification of them you should take this into account.

I have installed the pack Awsome... However I do have one small minor problem.

When a product is selected this brings up a notifications box on the right hand coloumn. However if you click the little arrow above it passes out to a dead link of http://www.yoururl.com/catalog/FILENAME_PR...T_NOTIFICATIONS can anyone tell me 1) where this link is called from 2) Where it is supposed to link to. Hope someone can help :thumbsup:

Regards

That suggest that the definition for FILENAME_PRODUCT_NOTIFICATIONS is missing in includes/filnames.php

I copied over all files from the package into the test server. Ever change takes effect (ie cartoonish stuff is gone, squared off corners, new arrows) however the site is not centered.... why?

i did ctrl+f5 as well

Well, I figured out that STS was the culprit in not centering.... any solution on that? I like how basic design pack fixed graphics and centered it up for me, but like the functionality of how easy it is to move things with STS.... any solutions?

Well, I figured out that STS was the culprit in not centering.... any solution on that? I like how basic design pack fixed graphics and centered it up for me, but like the functionality of how easy it is to move things with STS.... any solutions?

Basic Design Pack is not made to work together with STS, you can ofcourse modify it to do so....

But there should really be no need to use both.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to jump in here.

The basic design pack is great - many thanks and well done.

Just one issue for me, the text in the boxes, eg information box, quick find, reviews, etc is now not following the style of the rest of the text. It looks like times new roman, not the same style as the rest of the site.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Sorry to jump in here.

The basic design pack is great - many thanks and well done.

Just one issue for me, the text in the boxes, eg information box, quick find, reviews, etc is now not following the style of the rest of the text. It looks like times new roman, not the same style as the rest of the site.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Can be set/edited In stylesheet.css

I have spent hours reading all the posts in this thread. I have learned a lot. Thank you for this contribution!

I've only got a couple little things to finish.

One page of my site:Mirror of Time

You can see the broken graphic link to the right of the page title. I just can NOT find what is calling that so I can delete it. No graphic is needed.

I also managed to change the color of the main box border, but have not yet been able to change the border color for all the little boxes, even though I changed every border color in the stylesheet.

Thank you for anyone that can clue me in.

By the way, I know the site's not finished yet. I don't have the payment gateway installed. Constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks!

Ahh, I figured out the broken graphic. It was for the category graphic. Is there a way to turn that off? I looked all through the configuration and images settings and didn't see a way to turn off the graphic.

My last chore is to get the little arrows next to the categories in the same dark green as my font.

We have noticed that the CSS buttons render differently within the site depending on what computer o/s and browser are used. That would make sense, but different buttons look different even on the same page. I thought all the buttons were supposed to look the same? They do on my computer.