• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

in stylesheets.css, look for .fixcenter, where you can change the width an height of the main area.

for catagories, look for .CategoriesBox (also in stylesheets.css) and change the size in there.

i don't think you really need to know PHP for these type of changes, just a reasonable knowledge of CSS and HTML is sufficient most of the time.

thanks...that sounds easy.....let me take a look later

Hi, Nick,

I have download Basic_Desing_Pack 1.9. Readme is simple. I just wonder that do I need install the files under grey_skin ? Because there is a stylesheets.css which may overwrite the one in catalog directory. I am newer here may be it is a silly question.

Thanks,

Charles

Hi, Nick,

I think I have workout how to install BDP. Just two problems a) the site is not at the centre. B) those cartoonish icons still there. any idea ? please have a look pcmart.com.au

thanks,

Charles

Hi, Nick,

I think I have workout how to install BDP. Just two problems a) the site is not at the centre. B) those cartoonish icons still there. any idea ? please have a look pcmart.com.au

thanks,

Charles

You have not copied over all the files and folders.

1. copy over all the files and folders from the BDP pack . These will overwrite the original ones at your site.

2. If you want to use the grey skin , ATT: after you have installed BDP, upload all the files and folders from the grey skin overwriting the same files in your web hosting/server.

You have not copied over all the files and folders.

1. copy over all the files and folders from the BDP pack . These will overwrite the original ones at your site.

2. If you want to use the grey skin , ATT: after you have installed BDP, upload all the files and folders from the grey skin overwriting the same files in your web hosting/server.

Thanks very much ! It looks cool. Now I am going to install Cdynamic_meta_tags v1.6. I have tried HTC but for some reasons not working on my site.

Hi, Nick,

after installation of BDPV1.9, everything works fine but when I use IE6 to browse the page there is a little problem at what's new box, shopping cart box, and special box. I can not find out what's wrong because it works fine if I use Netscape v.72 or firefox. Please have a look at mysite:pcmart.com.au

Thanks,

Charles

Hi, Nick,

after installation of BDPV1.9, everything works fine but when I use IE6 to browse the page there is a little problem at what's new box, shopping cart box, and special box. I can not find out what's wrong because it works fine if I use Netscape v.72 or firefox. Please have a look at mysite:pcmart.com.au

Thanks,

Charles

You are missing some images....make sure all the images and folders inside the images folder from BDP has been uploaded to your host/server.

You are missing some images....make sure all the images and folders inside the images folder from BDP has been uploaded to your host/server.

Yes, I missed out those three boxes image. Fixed it. Thanks for your time.

HI, Nick,

If I install cDMTv1.4 how do I install stylsheet.css coming with the contribution pack ? There is no instruction for this point in the install instruction file. Should I just merge it with my current BDPv1.9's stylsheet.css ?

Thanks,

Charles

HI, Nick,

If I install cDMTv1.4 how do I install stylsheet.css coming with the contribution pack ? There is no instruction for this point in the install instruction file. Should I just merge it with my current BDPv1.9's stylsheet.css ?

Thanks,

Charles

No, you should not do any stylesheet changes for CDMTv1.4

Installed this, and looks a lot better!

However I cant goto Checkout and My Account pages, http://www.monarkyrecords.co.uk/catalog/ have a look!

Doesnt work, gives the error (in german??) that the page isnt there!

I dunno where it is? I installed just how you said to do so.

Have never seen that happen before...

1. restore your site back to original...

Then use the latest BDP version uploaded by me .... then it should work

Have never seen that happen before...

1. restore your site back to original...

Then use the latest BDP version uploaded by me .... then it should work

How do I restore back to original without deleting everything?

And it is your version I used!

How do I restore back to original without deleting everything?

And it is your version I used!

You did make a backup of all the original files before you added the BDP, right?

Use those...

If not download, osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817

I mentioned my version, because the latest version on the BDP download page is uploaded by someone else . Which means i do not know if its ok or not....

so if you download a version make sure it is uploaded by me (toyicebear) and not some other name.

Edited by toyicebear

Download the update and just install it over what I already have? As in overwrite all files in there now?

Yes....

except includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php

Just installed 1.9. Since I have installed oscommerce at the root and not the catalog I copied everything from the catalog of the contribution to the root of my webserver.

At the same level as catalog there is a Thumbs.db file. What do I do with this file?

Anyway it works perfectly. I have the latest OSc by the way.

I've just downloaded the files and I really like the centred look and CSS graphics, many thanks!

One thing I'd like to do is move the manufacturers box to the right hand side and have it display as a list, the same as the categories, not a drop down list.

I'm climbing the PHP learning curve right now, is there an easy way to do this, or does anyone know a resource I could try that would help me?

Best regards

Neill W

I'm using the basic design pack and trying to replace the box headings with images. I got it to work on the left side in the Categories box, but the image is overlapping strangely on the right side in the Shopping Cart box, as seen here. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is my boxes.php, and I've got the image set as background with no-repeat in the stylesheet.

if ($left_corner == true) {
	$left_corner = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/corner_left.gif');
  } else {
	$left_corner = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/corner_right_left.gif');
  }
//	 if ($right_arrow == true) {
//	   $right_arrow = '<a href="' . $right_arrow . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/arrow_right.gif', ICON_ARROW_RIGHT) . '</a>';
//	  } else {
	$right_arrow = '';
//	  }
  if ($right_corner == true) {
	$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/corner_right.gif');
  } else {
	$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '0', '0');
  }

$info_box_contents = array();
  $info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="26" class="ShoppingCartBoxHeading"',
									 'text' => $left_corner),
							   array('params' => 'width="100%" height="26" class="ShoppingCartBoxHeading"',
									 'text' => $contents[0]['text']),
							   array('params' => 'height="26" class="ShoppingCartBoxHeading" nowrap',
									 'text' => $right_corner));

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);
}
 }

I've kind of guerilla-modded as I go until things work, as you can probably see from the commented-out arrow, so I'm not approaching this with any sort of plan and I'm a bit stuck now. :\

Apologizes if the answer is in this thread somewhere already... I haven't had time to read through the whole thing just yet..

Edited by ichini

• 2 weeks later...
I'm using the basic design pack and trying to replace the box headings with images. I got it to work on the left side in the Categories box, but the image is overlapping strangely on the right side in the Shopping Cart box, as seen here. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is my boxes.php, and I've got the image set as background with no-repeat in the stylesheet.

if ($left_corner == true) {
	$left_corner = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/corner_left.gif');
  } else {
	$left_corner = tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/corner_right_left.gif');
  }
//	 if ($right_arrow == true) {
//	   $right_arrow = '<a href="' . $right_arrow . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/arrow_right.gif', ICON_ARROW_RIGHT) . '</a>';
//	  } else {
	$right_arrow = '';
//	  }
  if ($right_corner == true) {
	$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'ShoppingCartBox/corner_right.gif');
  } else {
	$right_corner = $right_arrow . tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '0', '0');
  }

$info_box_contents = array();
  $info_box_contents[] = array(array('params' => 'height="26" class="ShoppingCartBoxHeading"',
									 'text' => $left_corner),
							   array('params' => 'width="100%" height="26" class="ShoppingCartBoxHeading"',
									 'text' => $contents[0]['text']),
							   array('params' => 'height="26" class="ShoppingCartBoxHeading" nowrap',
									 'text' => $right_corner));

$this->tableBox($info_box_contents, true);
}
 }

I've kind of guerilla-modded as I go until things work, as you can probably see from the commented-out arrow, so I'm not approaching this with any sort of plan and I'm a bit stuck now. :\

Apologizes if the answer is in this thread somewhere already... I haven't had time to read through the whole thing just yet..

Look in the contributions section, there are contribs for changing the box headings to graphical headings.

I've just downloaded the files and I really like the centred look and CSS graphics, many thanks!

One thing I'd like to do is move the manufacturers box to the right hand side and have it display as a list, the same as the categories, not a drop down list.

I'm climbing the PHP learning curve right now, is there an easy way to do this, or does anyone know a resource I could try that would help me?

Best regards

Neill W

Look in the contribution section, you can find a manufacturer list contrib there.

Just installed 1.9. Since I have installed oscommerce at the root and not the catalog I copied everything from the catalog of the contribution to the root of my webserver.

At the same level as catalog there is a Thumbs.db file. What do I do with this file?

Anyway it works perfectly. I have the latest OSc by the way.

Thumbs.db can be deleted

Look in the contribution section, you can find a manufacturer list contrib there.

Thanks, Nick.

I did a couple of searches but couldn't find anything. A good example of what I'm trying to achieve is here:

http://custombutterflyart.com/store/

By using the contribution changing 'manufacturer' to 'anything' and then creating a list view, I hope to achieve something similar.

My PHO skills are getting better all the time, but sometimes it all goes a bit opaque :-)

Regards,

Neill W