• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

..I have the same problem try renaming all of your images with a gif extension and all will return and work correctly.

The question though is how to use BDP with JPEG rather than GIF's. When I try JPEGS I just see the banner on my page too.

I am sure there is a simple answer to this?

Thanks,

Rob.

Hi,

have not seen that one before, but as usuall i recommend to try with one of the alternative includes/functions/html_output.php files included.

Try it out and please do give some feedback here in the support tread on the result.

have not seen that one before, but as usuall i recommend to try with one of the alternative includes/functions/html_output.php files included.

Try it out and please do give some feedback here in the support tread on the result.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I tried renaming

html_output-nothumb

to....

html_output

....and it has done the trick, jpegs and gif working fine!

Rob.

Nice contrib...i like it.

However, i'd like to know 2 things:

I preferred the way my category showed up in a default oscommerce install, ie, without the blue little arrows showing up on the left and when you click each one they show the sub-categories. I don't require sub-categories thats why.

The second thing being, how do i change back to the default buttons, which the basic design pack makes use of?

Apart from that, i much prefer the colour them, fixed-widthe centre layout.

Best...

Muhsin

Nice contrib...i like it.

However, i'd like to know 2 things:

I preferred the way my category showed up in a default oscommerce install, ie, without the blue little arrows showing up on the left and when you click each one they show the sub-categories. I don't require sub-categories thats why.

The second thing being, how do i change back to the default buttons, which the basic design pack makes use of?

Apart from that, i much prefer the colour them, fixed-widthe centre layout.

Best...

Muhsin

1. download a copy of oscommerce 2.2 and use the includes/boxes/categories.php from that one instead of the one in BDP

2. use the includes/html_output.php without css buttons

Thanx for this contri. It's great. I have one question though. There is a black outline on the corner of the center shop. A black border. Where can i change this?

Thanx

stylesheet.css

Link to Basic Design Pack

If you have any questions, well i am at the forum as always....best wishes Toyicebear

This contribution is ofcourse GNU, and used at your own risk..and so on..... ;-)

Hi Toyicebear,

I would like to use the most recent version of your Design Pack, as it pulls together several features that I want to use on our site.

I was hoping you could give me a little advice as to how compatible it will be with the changes I've already made, and other contributions that I'd like to use!

So far I have:

Changed colours etc in stylesheet

Removed some boxes from left/right columns

Added logo in header & footer

Added a contribution to put links for shipping/terms etc into footer bar

Added the contribution with stylesheet definitions

.......thats about it so far!

I would like to add several more contributions, as well as your BDP:

unique order numbers

how did you hear about us?

discount coupons

multi images on products

print order module

header tags

meta tag generator

something to sort out our images/load time

an automatic sitemap generator (if available)

.........these aren't neccessarily in order of importance & I dare say I'll find others!

I'm completely new to all this, so I'm learning as I'm going here.

There's so many versions of some contributions, its daunting trying to figure out which to use, and I haven't got a clue if they're compatible with each other!

I'm hoping this is where you can help.

To start with, how will the BDP affect my current changes? Would it be better to add BDP & then redo my changes?

Secondly any advice on compatability where the other contribs, that I would like to use, are concerned?

(Baring in mind that php/web building generally is new to me!)-be nice :rolleyes:

Regards,

Nikki

Hi Toyicebear,

I would like to use the most recent version of your Design Pack, as it pulls together several features that I want to use on our site.

I was hoping you could give me a little advice as to how compatible it will be with the changes I've already made, and other contributions that I'd like to use!

So far I have:

Changed colours etc in stylesheet

Removed some boxes from left/right columns

Added logo in header & footer

Added a contribution to put links for shipping/terms etc into footer bar

Added the contribution with stylesheet definitions

.......thats about it so far!

I would like to add several more contributions, as well as your BDP:

unique order numbers

how did you hear about us?

discount coupons

multi images on products

print order module

header tags

meta tag generator

something to sort out our images/load time

an automatic sitemap generator (if available)

.........these aren't neccessarily in order of importance & I dare say I'll find others!

I'm completely new to all this, so I'm learning as I'm going here.

There's so many versions of some contributions, its daunting trying to figure out which to use, and I haven't got a clue if they're compatible with each other!

I'm hoping this is where you can help.

To start with, how will the BDP affect my current changes? Would it be better to add BDP & then redo my changes?

Secondly any advice on compatability where the other contribs, that I would like to use, are concerned?

(Baring in mind that php/web building generally is new to me!)-be nice :rolleyes:

Regards,

Nikki

BDP is easiest to use first, and usually does not cause very much conflicts with other contribs...

On to of my head it changes these files.

stylesheet.css

includes/header.php

includes/footer.php

includes/classes/boxes.php

all the files in this folder includes/boxes/

includes/functions/html_output.php

And quite a few images.

if you have done or want to add contributions which have changes in any of those files, you will need to use a file copare program like beyond compare or windmerge to merge the changes.

Hi,

I'm working on setting up a new shop and have installed your contribution, but I'm going crazy trying to find where the tables in the columns are controlled.

I have a border around my fixcenter area and need to bump the columns in a bit (or delete the right column, and shift everything a bit to the right).

Can you tell me where to control these tables?

Thanks!

Kim

Hi,

I'm working on setting up a new shop and have installed your contribution, but I'm going crazy trying to find where the tables in the columns are controlled.

I have a border around my fixcenter area and need to bump the columns in a bit (or delete the right column, and shift everything a bit to the right).

Thanks!

Kim

Hi,

Thanks!

Kim

the column and box width is controlled in includes/application_top.php

to remove one of the columns you have to remove the column call in all the .php files in the shops main folder.

Hi,

I want to change the 'height' of each category tab, as now i have a lot of cats and want to stop them going off the bottom of the page - can i do this in boxes/categorys.php (i couldn't see the easy answer in there though!)

Thanks

Becki

Hi,

I want to change the 'height' of each category tab, as now i have a lot of cats and want to stop them going off the bottom of the page - can i do this in boxes/categorys.php (i couldn't see the easy answer in there though!)

Thanks

Becki

yes, in includes/boxes/categories.php

alt. some adjustment can also be done in stylesheet.css

the column and box width is controlled in includes/application_top.php

to remove one of the columns you have to remove the column call in all the .php files in the shops main folder.

toyice,

Thank you for answering this (esp. since that question already been answered - I promise I looked!) but it looks like this line only controls the width of the boxes, not their position and not the center? Or is there more in the file?

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

I need to move the boxes farther inside the fixcenter (maybe by narrowing the center portion). I'm trying to add side margins inside the stylesheet, but I only succeed in moving the entire fixcenter, not creating margins inside it. I am trying to create margins inside the fixcenter.

I would also like to have more empty space between the boxes, and a line above & below each box. Would I do this in the stylesheet? What I've tried isn't working, but I'll keep tinkering if I know I'm tinkering in the right place...

toyice,

Thank you for answering this (esp. since that question already been answered - I promise I looked!) but it looks like this line only controls the width of the boxes, not their position and not the center? Or is there more in the file?

define('BOX_WIDTH', 125); // how wide the boxes should be in pixels (default: 125)

I need to move the boxes farther inside the fixcenter (maybe by narrowing the center portion). I'm trying to add side margins inside the stylesheet, but I only succeed in moving the entire fixcenter, not creating margins inside it. I am trying to create margins inside the fixcenter.

I would also like to have more empty space between the boxes, and a line above & below each box. Would I do this in the stylesheet? What I've tried isn't working, but I'll keep tinkering if I know I'm tinkering in the right place...

in all the .php files in your main shop folder you will find this at two instances:

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

You can change the cellpadding and cellspacing properties

I already searched in there, but i couldn't find it, if you could tell me where to look i would appreciate it much. thanx

the category section in the styelsheet starts with:

#thecategories a:hover

and ends with

#fourthcat a

in all the .php files in your main shop folder you will find this at two instances:

You can change the cellpadding and cellspacing properties

Thank you - this is just what I was looking for!

Thanks again for the great contribution. :)

Kim

Hi Toyicebear,

I've now added BDP and am trying to re-incorporate the changes that I had previously made.

I've hit on a couple of problems though.......after trying to merge a contribution (to add terms/shipping etc to a footer bar),

I have my footer bar back, but appear to have lost my Nochex banner from the bottom, but strangely I also have 2 copies of the copyright showing.

How do I remove one of the copyright messages and get my banner back?

My other problem (possibly something I've missed or missunderstood) is that now I have the BDP on my corners are the right colour, but the box headers also contain a couple of red X's, as if there was a picture not showing also I can't find a reference to the 'new products for march' box in the stylesheet, so I can't change the colours.

Any ideas?

(Thanks for the great contrbution, by the way)

Nikki

My Site

the category section in the styelsheet starts with:

#thecategories a:hover

and ends with

#fourthcat a

I looked it op and changed the color where 00000 is, but this didn't change the black border line. What am i doing wrong?

#thecategories a:hover {
background-color: #eeeeee;
color: #000000;
}

.catwithsubs, .catwithnosubs {
padding-right: 5px;
}

#thecategories {
position: relative;
top: -9px;
margin-bottom: -16px;
width: 140px;
}

.activelink {
display: block;
font-weight: bold;
}

#thecategories a {
padding-bottom: 7px;
padding-top: 3px;
width: 100%;
}

/*mozilla fix*/
html>body #thecategories a {
width: auto;
}
/*end of mozilla fix*/

#topcat a {
padding-left: 5px;
}

#secondcat a {
padding-left: 20px;
}

#thirdcat a {
padding-left: 35px;
}

#fourthcat a {
padding-left: 50px;
}

#fifthcat a {
padding-left: 65px;

I looked it op and changed the color where 00000 is, but this didn't change the black border line. What am i doing wrong?

#thecategories a:hover {
background-color: #eeeeee;
color: #000000;
}

.catwithsubs, .catwithnosubs {
padding-right: 5px;
}

#thecategories {
position: relative;
top: -9px;
margin-bottom: -16px;
width: 140px;
}

.activelink {
font-weight: bold;
}

#thecategories a {
padding-bottom: 7px;
padding-top: 3px;
width: 100%;
}

/*mozilla fix*/
html>body #thecategories a {
width: auto;
}
/*end of mozilla fix*/

#topcat a {
padding-left: 5px;
}

#secondcat a {
padding-left: 20px;
}

#thirdcat a {
padding-left: 35px;
}

#fourthcat a {
padding-left: 50px;
}

#fifthcat a {
padding-left: 65px;

border line is controlled another place in the stylesheet

categoriesBox

Hi Toyicebear,

I've now added BDP and am trying to re-incorporate the changes that I had previously made.

I've hit on a couple of problems though.......after trying to merge a contribution (to add terms/shipping etc to a footer bar),

I have my footer bar back, but appear to have lost my Nochex banner from the bottom, but strangely I also have 2 copies of the copyright showing.

1. make sure all the images and images folders are uploaded from the BDP.

2. in your includes/footer.php

remove one of the instances of:

<?php echo FOOTER_TEXT_BODY; ?>
Edited by toyicebear