• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Design Pack Support

toyicebear

Hi!

I am using the latest BDP, and the blue arrows included under categories.

1) The spacing in between categories are much apart. Where do I have to change so that it will not have so much space from each other, like the original Oscommerce? I still want to keep the blue arrows.

3) I want the item numbers be shown under categories, how do I do this?

2) Now I want the sub categories shown together with the categories from the start of the page, how do I do it?

Thanks. :)

The categories box can be modified in this file, includes/boxes/categories.php

or if you would like a full category tree shown at all time, have a look in the contributions section for alternative category boxes...

Can anybody help me out ???? :thumbsup:

Make sure you have uploaded all the images and image folders from the BDP.

Hello,

I have just installed Basic Design Pack 1-9 contribution 3570.

It works, out of the box! There is one problem. Each time I click on something, a few DOS boxes flash over my screen before displaying the new page. I am running OSCommerce local on my Win XP PC with XAMP 2.3. What are those DOS boxes?

It happens with IE aswell as Firefox. I completely erased my PC and installed WinXp from scratch.. no solution. I erased the BDP files and the problem is gone.

I saw some advise to use easyphp instead of XAMP. Does this really help? It looks like a work-around, not a solution. Since I am a beginner with OScommerce, Xamp and PHP, I am a bit worried. Thanks in advance for you comments.

Cees

The Netherlands

Hello,

I have just installed Basic Design Pack 1-9 contribution 3570.

It works, out of the box! There is one problem. Each time I click on something, a few DOS boxes flash over my screen before displaying the new page. I am running OSCommerce local on my Win XP PC with XAMP 2.3. What are those DOS boxes?

It happens with IE aswell as Firefox. I completely erased my PC and installed WinXp from scratch.. no solution. I erased the BDP files and the problem is gone.

I saw some advise to use easyphp instead of XAMP. Does this really help? It looks like a work-around, not a solution. Since I am a beginner with OScommerce, Xamp and PHP, I am a bit worried. Thanks in advance for you comments.

Cees

The Netherlands

Use easyphp and not XAMP , no live server using BDP has reported any dos boxes what so ever..its only when using XAMP on local pc's.

Edited by toyicebear

Hi!

I am using BDP 1.9 and html output 060817 on the fly thumb. Thanks for the great contribution. I have my own buttons and I want to use them back. I tried the html output no css buttons file, but the pictures wo'nt come out. I think it is not for oscommerce 060817 users. How do I use them back with this html output 060817 ont the fly thumb version?

Thanks! :huh:

Hi!

I am using BDP 1.9 and html output 060817 on the fly thumb. Thanks for the great contribution. I have my own buttons and I want to use them back. I tried the html output no css buttons file, but the pictures wo'nt come out. I think it is not for oscommerce 060817 users. How do I use them back with this html output 060817 ont the fly thumb version?

Thanks! :huh:

You can modify the html_output.php file to use images for buttons.

Just replace the buttons functions with the ones in the original html_output.php which comes with osCommerce MS2.2 060817

Make sure you have uploaded all the images and image folders from the BDP.

Thanks the images were in the image file but in images/images directory.

I still have on the friont page the standard cartoon figure, how do i get rid ??

www.kimbos.co.uk

also can i now go and add the blue skin ??

thanks

darren

Thanks the images were in the image file but in images/images directory.

I still have on the friont page the standard cartoon figure, how do i get rid ??

www.kimbos.co.uk

also can i now go and add the blue skin ??

thanks

darren

Cartoonish icons also gone, remeber to press CTRL + F5 when viewing the site after having done changes.

No , you can not just add the blue template..it is not for BDP but for standard oscommerce.

You can on the other hand add the grey skin and then change the stylesheet.css file entries to get any color you want.

A small tip...

go to your shops admin , configuration >> my store and set show category count to false

Hi!

Some months ago , I removed the heading of the new products,the one in the middle. Now I want it back. I could only get to write the text back. I checked the background and color of contentBoxHeading in stylesheet.css, it is fine. But still it shows just the text. Where do I have to check to get the heading back? I forgot where I changed it.

Thanks! :'(

Hi!

Some months ago , I removed the heading of the new products,the one in the middle. Now I want it back. I could only get to write the text back. I checked the background and color of contentBoxHeading in stylesheet.css, it is fine. But still it shows just the text. Where do I have to check to get the heading back? I forgot where I changed it.

Thanks! :'(

Rember to press CTRL + F5 after having done stylesheet changes

you can also check the file itself in includes/modules/new_products.php

Use easyphp and not XAMP , no live server using BDP has reported any dos boxes what so ever..its only when using XAMP on local pc's.

Thanks very much for your answer. The only thing that matters to me that this is not hapening on a live server. Therefor I will stay with XAMP, take the consequences of the DOS boxes and not having to go to the trouble of de-installing XAMP and installing easyPHP. Maybe most important of all; I can use your contribution! Thanks again. :D

Cees Doets

The Netherlands

Hi!

I am sorry to post this problem in this thread. I am so desperate to have any suggestions what so ever is happening. Nobody seems to react on other threads.

I am receiving the warning sign, no file been uploaded. This happens when I entered some products, preview and updated it. I can see the picture, the ID but not the product name. Have checked the permissions and any other possibilities. I don't know where the problem lies.

Could anyone please help! I have been sitting with this problem for days now.

Hi!

I am sorry to post this problem in this thread. I am so desperate to have any suggestions what so ever is happening. Nobody seems to react on other threads.

I am receiving the warning sign, no file been uploaded. This happens when I entered some products, preview and updated it. I can see the picture, the ID but not the product name. Have checked the permissions and any other possibilities. I don't know where the problem lies.

Could anyone please help! I have been sitting with this problem for days now.

This is the support tread for the Basic Design Pack, please post your question in a new tread or in a more suitable one.

Hi!

I am using Basic Design Pack. I noticed that the left column is wider than the right column after I install this package. I tried the box_width as the Osc instructions but it does'nt affect the column width. How do I do this?

Thanks. :huh:

Hi!

I am using Basic Design Pack. I noticed that the left column is wider than the right column after I install this package. I tried the box_width as the Osc instructions but it does'nt affect the column width. How do I do this?

Thanks. :huh:

The category menu in BDP will make the left column a little wider than default.

You can make the right_column the same width in includes/application_top.php , by setting the width higher than 145 they should then be about the same width.

Edited by toyicebear

Hi!

I have a general question about the installation of the package. I installed the "basic" store and put in all the details necessary.

When I installed the BDP I did as it was told in the readme file: "How to use....Just drop over a defaut oscommerce shop.....and you are finished..."

I just dropped the catalog folder, via ftp, over the basic installation (with owerwrite). The shop worked perfectly. BUT the admin area just showed some text saying that it coludn't connect to mysql.

I then went to catalog/admin/includes/configure.php and had to put all of the information in again (the information I putted in on the "basic" installation).

So my question is... is this the normal procedure when installing BDP or did I do something wrong?

I dont understand why the BDP needed to owerwrite the configure.php?!

BR

megacooler

Edited by megacooler

Hi!

I have a general question about the installation of the package. I installed the "basic" store and put in all the details necessary.

When I installed the BDP I did as it was told in the readme file: "How to use....Just drop over a defaut oscommerce shop.....and you are finished..."

I just dropped the catalog folder, via ftp, over the basic installation (with owerwrite). The shop worked perfectly. BUT the admin area just showed some text saying that it coludn't connect to mysql.

I then went to catalog/admin/includes/configure.php and had to put all of the information in again (the information I putted in on the "basic" installation).

So my question is... is this the normal procedure when installing BDP or did I do something wrong?

I dont understand why the BDP needed to owerwrite the configure.php?!

BR

megacooler

You did something wrog, the bdp does not overwrite any of the configuration files...

toyice:

I have been tinkering with my basic osc site, and now wondering if just installing your bdp pkg would save me time and effort since I am wanting to do basically the same thing. I have centered, changed colors, deleted some stock logos/icons.

Can I still install bdp over these changes with no problem? I am not concerned about colors as they are easily changed. The only extra I would like is the listing in cloumns contrib. which I can't seem to get it going.

thanks.

toyice:

I have been tinkering with my basic osc site, and now wondering if just installing your bdp pkg would save me time and effort since I am wanting to do basically the same thing. I have centered, changed colors, deleted some stock logos/icons.

Can I still install bdp over these changes with no problem? I am not concerned about colors as they are easily changed. The only extra I would like is the listing in cloumns contrib. which I can't seem to get it going.

thanks.

yes it will save you some time, and yes you can just drop it over the install you already have.

As for productlisting in cloumns go through the older evrsions and you will find one version which have a module file called.

product_listing_col.php

using this you do not need to do any db changes , just upload the new file and change the call in index.php from product_listing.php to product_listing_col.php

Edited by toyicebear

Hi toyicebear!

I have a problem with the thumbnails. In the shop they are just white with a red x. When I right click and look at properties it says /catalog/images/imagecache/01.jpg

The problem is that the imagecache directory is empty?! Hmm, guess I'm doing something wrong here?!

The image (original) is in the /catalog/images directory

Thanks!

Edited by megacooler

Hi toyicebear!

I have a problem with the thumbnails. In the shop they are just white with a red x. When I right click and look at properties it says /catalog/images/imagecache/01.jpg

The problem is that the imagecache directory is empty?! Hmm, guess I'm doing something wrong here?!

The image (original) is in the /catalog/images directory

Thanks!

some points to check

-Check that the folder permission for the imagecache folder is 777

-Check your settings under configuration >> images