• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Send details to a mobile

Salvo

Hi all

I have seen some websites that allow customer to send details of a product to a mobile phone ( I am based in UK ).

How do they do it? is there a provider of this technology? Free?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sal

SMS functions like this. No idea if there is a contribution to do this here at the site, but you will need sometype of connection to the VoIP system, to enable the message to be sent (I am guessing here).

My plans are to do it the other way around, that is to allow for cell phone ordering via the osC cart :)

cheers,

Peter M.

Peter McGrath

-----------------------------

See my Profile (click here) for more information and to contact me for professional osCommerce support that includes SEO development, custom development and security implementation

hi all

I didn't think there where any contributions and I will look into it and I hope that they do what I am looking for.

In practice in one site works like this:

The user looks for a product and find it. Instead of writing the details down, he enters the mobile number and will receive that info. They say that the cost of the sms sent is of ?1.00 (sterling), therefore I just presume that someone is making some money out of it.

Are the contribution to be used with some sort of provider wiht whom one shares the profits?

Edited by Salvo

HI Peter,

I too would really like to have cell phones order/re-order via the osC cart, for pre-existing customers, of course. That would be excellent!

For outbound messages to the cellphone based customers [the "purchase confirmations"], several local mobile providers here in Prague offer companies/individuals the option to send SMSky from an office computer, and you can connect various programs to their gateway, too. It is really very open ended.

How do I do what you are talking about, please---ordering from the shop by SMSky?

If you have ideas, I'll help beta it immediately.

Many thanks,

Charles

:thumbsup:

SMS functions like this.  No idea if there is a contribution to do this here at the site, but you will need sometype of connection to the VoIP system, to enable the message to be sent (I am guessing here).

My plans are to do it the other way around, that is to allow for cell phone ordering via the osC cart :)

cheers,

Peter M.