• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

hide shoping cart, appear with order

siavash

just like some of the infoboxes like the product review, histrory, tell a friend etc. i would like my shopping cart not to there all the time but to appear only when there's an order placed. as i have the cart/basket icon and text link on top right i don't see any reason to take a value able space with a shoppnig cart infobox when it's not needed.

is there a contribution for such a thing? can anybody tell me how to do it with some helpful pointers, scripts, etc?

thanks a lot.

sia.

Did you try? Did you fail? No matter! Try again. Fail again! But fail better!

just like some of the infoboxes like the product review, histrory, tell a friend etc. i would like my shopping cart not to there all the time but to appear only when there's an order placed. as i have the cart/basket icon and text link on top right i don't see any reason to  take a value able space with a shoppnig cart infobox when it's not needed.

is there a contribution for such a thing? can anybody tell me how to do it with some helpful pointers, scripts, etc?

thanks a lot.

sia.

Anybody?

Great it works well. by the way is it such a good idea anyway, you think?

Very easy to do on your column_left/right file just place this code for the cart

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {
   require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'shopping_cart.php');
 }

Well. i think as there're text link and icon link to the shopping cart on top right we can comfortably hide the art and appear it when there's something in it. so the current shopping cart space can be effectively be used for something else and we haven't cluttered the design! rubish?

i think it's a good idea. what do others think?

Thanks-  I didn't realize that I wanted to do that until I read this.

Cheers

Stew