• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

easypopulate

I am using easypopulate I can get the product to download and upload into my tmp directory however the data does not get added to my database. Does anyone know what I can look for in a fix.

Thanks

I am using easypopulate I can get the product to download and upload into my tmp directory however the data does not get added to my database.  Does anyone know what I can look for in a fix.

Thanks

I sure hope someone answers you....I'm having the same problem. I even printed out the manuels, (and even read them BEFORE I started) and some other tips I found....but can't get it to show up. Now I've spent the last 3 hours searching the forum for an answer...and just find this question asked a few times...it does look like a lot of people have a lot worse problems though :rolleyes:

I sure hope someone answers you....I'm having the same problem.  I even printed out the manuels, (and even read them BEFORE I started) and some other tips I found....but can't get it to show up. Now I've spent the last 3 hours searching the forum for an answer...and just find this question asked a few times...it does look like a lot of people have a lot worse problems  though :rolleyes:

I am having the same problem after reading the manuals and going step by step with no luck. The database doesn't get updated at all

OK after many hours I finally found out why I could not get easypopulate to upload my file.

I was opening my data in exel and saving the file as a tab delimited file. This was not working. I changed the save file to a CSV text file and changed all the comas into semi colons. That worked.

If you are using Excel, go into your control panel of windows into regional and language options , choose customize, under list separator change it to a ;

then save your excel file as a CVS file. and upload

please let me know if this helps.

OK after many hours I finally found out why I could not get easypopulate to upload my file.

I was opening my data in exel and saving the file as a tab delimited file.  This was not working.  I changed the save file to a CSV text file and changed all the comas into semi colons.  That worked.

If you are using Excel,  go into your control panel of windows into regional and language options , choose customize, under list separator change it to a ;

then save your excel file as a CVS file.  and upload

I don't suppose you know how to make this change in Microsoft word spreadsheet do you? I had tried before to save the file as csv...but of coarse it didn't work since I hadn't changed it from a coma to semi colon.....I've looked all over in word spreadsheet, and checked the index, but so far havn't found how to make this change....thanks for any help

If you are using Excel,  go into your control panel of windows into regional and language options , choose customize, under list separator change it to a ;

then save your excel file as a CVS file.  and upload

Sometimes my own stupidity amazes me. Your wern't talking about making this change "in" excel...but in the computer itself......and it only took me 3 hours to realize this :-"

I don't suppose you know how to make this change in Microsoft word spreadsheet do you?  I had tried before to save the file as csv...but of coarse it didn't work since I hadn't changed it from a coma to semi colon.....I've looked all over in word spreadsheet, and checked the index, but so far havn't found how to make this change....thanks for any help

in word I would just use the find replace feature and change all the , to ;

where you successful in uploading your data?

Yes, I did get it working. I do have some products from my "trial" data that won't go away. But I'm having other problems now (I have that in "general questions"), so I'm not working on easypopulate right now....but I do know it works. I even started messing around with attributes and that seemed promising.

Thank you so much for checking back though! If only I could get that kind of help elsewhere.

Yes, I did get it working.  I do have some products from my "trial" data that won't go away.  But I'm having other problems now (I have that in "general questions"), so I'm not working on easypopulate right now....but I do know it works.  I even started messing around with attributes and that seemed promising.

Thank you so much for checking back though!  If only I could get that kind of help elsewhere.

Hello titch here

im no expert on this but i couldnt use excel , i ended up using open office.org.

this has worked for me , so far.

cant remember the process but open csv file with org and select tab then deselect the " on the second window, if you have trouble, will try to go through and get a better instructions worded.

good luck

Hello titch here

im no expert on this but i couldnt use excel , i ended up using open office.org.

cant remember the process but open csv file with org and select tab then deselect the " on the second window, if you have trouble, will try to go through and get a better instructions worded.

good luck

Thank you titch, it nice to know I have help waiting when I need it. I have to get the site working again though. Have a parse error that I can't find (don't know code at all). I'm trying to decide if I should just start all over again or keep waiting for help in general support. Once that is cleared up I will probably need help again with easypopulate.....if only I knew code already. :blush:

Hello titch here

good luck

You have to delete the old data manualy. I found that easy populate will only ad data not delete any if it is not in your upload. I have just deleted my old info manualy.

good luck

You have to delete the old data manualy.  I found that easy populate will only ad data not delete any if it is not in your upload.  I have just deleted my old info manualy.

good luck

Where would I delete it at? It's not in my catalog/products list to delete from there in the admin program..but they show up on the web site itself. If I need to go into file manager....I have no idea which file to find to change. I'm having lots of problems figuring out which file to go to for anything in file manager for that matter.

Thanks for your help :D