• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Family products

kunal247

Contribution - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1429

This is a great contribution. As it list simmilar products in product_info.php

Wanted to know if there is a way to limit the number that appear and the option to click the next button to display the next 5 related products similar to product linstings

Here is a example to see what I currently have - Click Here

Want to stop the list getting too long as there can be over 50 products.

Please help!!

Regards,

Kunal :'(

You should see an option in admin>>configuration>>Family Products to limit the number of results returned per page.

Matti

Johnson - thanks for your response.

Had a quick look but cant see an option in there to limit the number of products to be displayed.

Am I missing something in here?

Kunal

Johnson - thanks for your response.

Had a quick look but cant see an option in there to limit the number of products to be displayed.

Am I missing something in here?

Kunal

Matti,

thanks for all the help and the solution.

I just had a look - it uses the maximum search results parameter - you will find this in admin>>configuration>>maximum values, or you can enter your own value like this:

Original:

CODE $listing_split = new splitPageResults($family_sql, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, 'p.products_id');

Modified:

CODE $listing_split = new splitPageResults($family_sql, 5, 'p.products_id');

The above will give you five products per page - choose your desired number

Edit - /includes/modules/family_listing.php

Regards,

Kunal

• 1 month later...

Hi Kunal,

Maybe you can help me out with this problem. I have also installed this contribution and it`s working great. Except in the admin panel when I copy a product to another category and I use the method "Link product". The product will then displayed twice within the family. Is it possible to display the product one time?

Please help!

Best regards,

Taosan.

Hi Kunal,

Maybe you can help me out with this problem. I have also installed this contribution and it`s working great. Except in the admin panel when I copy a product to another category and I use the method "Link product". The product will then displayed twice within the family. Is it possible to display the product one time?

Please help!

Best regards,

Taosan.

Lee,

To be honest I have not linked a product before and hence not come across it.

I will give it a go today and see if I expreience the same problem.

If I find a solution I will let you know.

Kunal

• 1 month later...
You should see an option in admin>>configuration>>Family Products to limit the number of results returned per page.

Matti

I hate to say this but I can find Family Products in admin>>configuration>> or anywhere on the site. What page in admin do I need to recheck to ensure that I have configured it properly?

Tonyh

post #5 ??

Partly. But for me I can not see anything to do with family products on my site. I cant even configure family products. No error. Nothing as if I have not changed any code!

Have just gone through a code comparison but could not pick any difference.

Tonyh

Partly. But for me I can not see anything to do with family products on my site. I cant even configure family products. No error. Nothing as if I have not changed any code!

Have just gone through a code comparison but could not pick any difference.

Tonyh

Tonyh,

I don't know this contrib at all and you might have a better chance with your question at the original contribution support thread here

It's not that long so maybe you can find something within which helps you already.

Tonyh,

I don't know this contrib at all and you might have a better chance with your question at the original contribution support thread here

It's not that long so maybe you can find something within which helps you already.

Thanks wheeloftime.

I wil give the thread a try.