• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

olsonsp4c

Having some trouble... Any help?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_textarea_field() in /fullpathofsiteishere/httpdocs/admin/orders.php on line 366

That line is:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having some trouble... Any help?

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_draw_textarea_field() in /fullpathofsiteishere/httpdocs/admin/orders.php on line 366

That line is:

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '60', '5'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
  </tr>

I found it, it was a mistake i made, skipped the change to admin htmloutput. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Just getting the contribution installed, and I have a few questions:

***Step 3***

catalog/includes/database_tables.php

ADD

define('TABLE_UPS_TRACK_NUM', 'ups_track_num');

define('TABLE_USPS_TRACK_NUM', 'usps_track_num');

define('TABLE_FEDEX_TRACK_NUM', 'fedex_track_num');

I've downloaded all the updates for the contribution....I don't see these tables in the SQL only an edit to Orders table.

Is this an error in the installation instructions?

***Step 7***

catalog/admin/includes/filenames.php

ADD

define('FILENAME_CATALOG_TRACKING_NUMBER', 'tracking.php');

Same story...file not included. Do I use the catalog/tracking.php from the ZIP.

Sam M. - Seattle

Just getting the contribution installed, and I have a few questions:

I've downloaded all the updates for the contribution....I don't see these tables in the SQL only an edit to Orders table.

Same story...file not included. Do I use the catalog/tracking.php from the ZIP.

No error in sql.

step 7 should be moved to bottom "optional" section. thanks! Scott

Scott,

You're the man! Thank you...

I was working my way down the page and didn't even read the optional stuff.

I think I'm going to set the tracking # into their own form on orders.php.

It seems like it's running into other modifications...not posting the # to DB.

Sam M. - Seattle

• 2 weeks later...
trying to see where I went wrong, as I am getting this error, when I click on oder, then edit, invoice or packing slip, I get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

Doing a search on the forums, it looks like the error is from the comments is trying to go under orders.

orders does not have a column comments, comments go to order_status_history.

Anyone have any idea where I went wrong ?

I have the exact same problem. Has anyone addressed this problem in over two months?

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed this and I have never had luck installing this over the past year that I have tired. Anyways I am getting this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/txcampin/public_html/admin/orders.php on line 136

which is this line:

case 'deleteconfirm':

here is the bit of code around it

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
	break;
  case 'deleteconfirm':
	$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));
	break;
}
 }

Any idea of what this is or how to fix it?

-Thanks

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the wonderful contribution. I have everything working except I do not get a link in the order update email. I tried adding EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . "<a HREF='" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "'>" . to catalog/admin/orders.php but it is still not a link after Detailed invoice.

thanks for any help

also for your information the usps url needs to be updated. .

Thanks for the wonderful contribution. I have everything working except I do not get a link in the order update email. I tried adding EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . "<a HREF='" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "'>" . to catalog/admin/orders.php but it is still not a link after Detailed invoice.

thanks for any help

also for your information the usps url needs to be updated. .

solved the problem

needed to change code on 3 identical lines in catalog/admin/orders.php :)

• 5 weeks later...
when i update the order to shipped i get a duplicate entry that says shipped?

could you please post a screenshot... thanks!

Scott

I have just installed this and I have never had luck installing this over the past year that I have tired. Anyways I am getting this error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/txcampin/public_html/admin/orders.php on line 136

which is this line:

case 'deleteconfirm':

here is the bit of code around it

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
	break;
  case 'deleteconfirm':

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));
	break;
}
 }

Any idea of what this is or how to fix it?

-Thanks

When I put a closing bracket, before case 'deleteconfirm'; that did the trick it should look like this:

break;
}
  case 'deleteconfirm':

break;
}
 }

I have the Same Problem:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in .../shop/catalog/admin/orders.php on line 154

Around that Line is this:

break;
   case 'deleteconfirm':

break;
  }
}

Has anybody fixed that Problem ? I really need that Contrib asap. It would be great if anybody can help me !

Edited by SledgeHammer101

I have the Same Problem:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in .../shop/catalog/admin/orders.php on line 154

Around that Line is this:

break;
   case 'deleteconfirm':

break;
  }
}

Has anybody fixed that Problem ? I really need that Contrib asap. It would be great if anybody can help me !

See the previous post - about 2 earlier where a poster solved this problem - i believe that it is a fix that makes it compatible with other installed contribs. thanks! - Scott

tracking.JPG

I know this isn't very helpful; however, I looked through the admin code and can't find a call for the shipped setting twice - one idea is checking that there are not multiple "shipped" status indicators setup in the admin, you can check this by going to "Localization/Orders Status" - thanks! Scott

I am having a small problem with my installation of this mod. All the functionality seems to be working properly, but somewhere I think I messed up because the emails that are sent to the customer have 'YOUR_STORE_NAME' in ithe subject instead of the actual store name. :blush:

To have it automatically replace it with your actual store name do this:

Find

'YOUR_STORE_NAME bla bla'

replace with

STORE_NAME . ' bla bla'

I know this isn't very helpful; however, I looked through the admin code and can't find a call for the shipped setting twice - one idea is checking that there are not multiple "shipped" status indicators setup in the admin, you can check this by going to "Localization/Orders Status" - thanks! Scott

I did manage to duplicate this error

In step 6:

The last few lines go like this:

}
<!-- Tracking contribution end -->

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");
	  $order_updated = true;
	}

When pasting all of that I got this in my catalog/admin/orders.php:

}
//<!-- Tracking contribution end -->

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");
	$order_updated = true;
	}

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . tep_db_input($oID) . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . $customer_notified . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");

$order_updated = true;
  }

Note the duplicate lines by pasting the code after Tracking contribution end

Commenting out those extras lines but not the '}' and it works:

}
//<!-- Tracking contribution end -->

//	  tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");
  //	$order_updated = true;
	}

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . tep_db_input($oID) . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . $customer_notified . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");

$order_updated = true;
  }

• 3 weeks later...
It was easy I only use USPS so I just put this link in my admin/orders.php page:

<td class="main"><a href="http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=<?php echo $order->info['usps_track_num']; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo $order->info['usps_track_num']; ?></a></td>

Now I can easily check the status of the customers order from my admin panel.

Eric, what a great idea to just click tracking number from admin/orders.php and get the latest shipment information. Thanks for the USPS tracking code. How didn't I think about this myself? This is how I modified my orders.php for all tree shipping couriers: UPS, USPS, and Fedex:

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_UPS_TRACKING; ?></b>??<?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('ups_track_num', '20', '18', '', $order->info['ups_track_num']); ?><a href="http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processRequest?HTMLVersion=5.0&Requester=NES&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&loc=en_US&tracknum=<?php echo $order->info['ups_track_num']; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo $order->info['ups_track_num']; ?></a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_FEDEX_TRACKING; ?></b>??<?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('fedex_track_num', '20', '18', '', $order->info['fedex_track_num']); ?><a href="http://www.fedex.com/cgi-bin/tracking?action=track&language=english&last_action=alttrack&ascend_header=1&cntry_code=us&initial=x&mps=y&tracknumbers=<?php echo $order->info['fedex_track_num']; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo $order->info['fedex_track_num']; ?></a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_USPS_TRACKING; ?></b>??<?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('usps_track_num', '24', '24', '', $order->info['usps_track_num']); ?><a href="http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=<?php echo $order->info['usps_track_num']; ?>" target="_blank"><?php echo $order->info['usps_track_num']; ?></a></td>

That is so convenient from the admin side. I just love it. :thumbsup:

Where in your admin/orders.php file are you placing this code? I would like to try it out myself.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Nevermind found it. Is thier a way to clean it up and make it a button rather then a alpha-numeric link?

But this also happens for my emails when I update the order status:

EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_11EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2Pending[/b] is what the subject of the email is. I dont think there is an EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_11...

I am also having this problem with order emails sent to the customer.

Nevermind found it. Is thier a way to clean it up and make it a button rather then a alpha-numeric link?

Check the Contributions section for "Admin Side Package Tracking". I just uploaded a little add-on that will add Track button to the orders page inside admin. Screenshot is provided for a better understanding.

great contribution my only issue is with the email confirmation I get

EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_HEADER

------------------------------------------------------

Package tracking numbers (click "invoice" link to track):

USPS: *******************

EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER_2

EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER

and would this contribution be hard to intergrate with edit orders contribution ?

I assume you would only need to edit edit_orders.php in the catalog/admin dir and in the language dir.

I use that mainly for updating orders.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi, i was wondering how hard it would be to alter this contrib so that it only uses royalmail for tracking.

Instead of 3 tracking numbers just have one. with a link pointing to this url: RoyalMail Track and trace

It would be a good idea for us UK people as we don't use ups or fedex.

Or has this already been done?

your thoughts please!!!!!