• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

olsonsp4c

If you need support for my contribution "Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods": http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3381/

This is the place to post for the osCommerce community to make this a better contribution...

Thanks!

Scott (olsonsp4c)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you need support for my contribution "Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods":  http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3381/

This is the place to post for the osCommerce community to make this a better contribution...

Thanks!

Scott (olsonsp4c)

Scott,

This is a great module. Do you consider adding DHL support ?

Thank you

Trying to install this contribution using the updated instructions but I keep getting this error when going to admin/orders.php

Parse error: parse error in /home/www/coloryourgrout.com/admin/orders.php on line 136

I have already copied an original orders.php and re-edited it 3 or 4 times but keep getting the same error.

Here is the code from line 118 to line 146:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");
         $order_updated = true;
       }
         if (tep_not_null($ups_track_num)) {
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set ups_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($ups_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");
       $order_updated = true;
     }

if (tep_not_null($usps_track_num)) {
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set usps_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($usps_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");
       $order_updated = true;
     }

if (tep_not_null($fedex_track_num)) {
       tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set fedex_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($fedex_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");
       $order_updated = true;
     }
          break;
     case 'deleteconfirm':
       $oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));
       break;
   }
 }

if (($action == 'edit') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'])) {

Line 136 is:

case 'deleteconfirm':

I would really like to get this running and hope you can help me out.

Thanks,

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Hello,

Unless you purposefully modified this file, it should look like this after the mod is pasted:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments) . "')");

$order_updated = true;

}

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set ups_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($ups_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$order_updated = true;

}

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set usps_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($usps_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$order_updated = true;

}

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set fedex_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($fedex_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$order_updated = true;

}

if ($order_updated == true) {

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');

} else {

$messageStack->add_session(WARNING_ORDER_NOT_UPDATED, 'warning');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));

break;

case 'deleteconfirm':

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));

break;

}

}

hope this helps

scott

Let me try that again:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");
         $order_updated = true;
       }

$order_updated = true;
       }

$order_updated = true;
       }

$order_updated = true;
       }

if ($order_updated == true) {
         $messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');
       } else {
         $messageStack->add_session(WARNING_ORDER_NOT_UPDATED, 'warning');
       }

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
       break;
       case 'deleteconfirm':

break;
   }
 }

Scott

What I did was restore everything from the backup image I made before trying to install the contribution and started over again from the top.

I was able to get it working after several tries, I found the instructions to be somewhat confusing and in my opinion need to be re-written.

Also, when trying to copy/paste the lines for "fedex_track_num, ups_track_num, and usps_track_num" it was giving me errors, but if I just inserted it into the existing line of code it worked fine.

As a contribution it's great, as for installition, I think it needs some fine tuning.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to get it working after several tries, I found the instructions to be somewhat confusing and in my opinion need to be re-written.

***It would help me if, rather than making criticisms and giving opinions, if you would make suggestions as to how the instructions could be made more clear.

Also, when trying to copy/paste the lines for "fedex_track_num, ups_track_num, and usps_track_num" it was giving me errors, but if I just inserted it into the existing line of code it worked fine.

***This would be the case if another mod was made to these lines through the installation of another contribution. This is why I noted that these three aspects are the only changes.

As a contribution it's great, as for installition, I think it needs some fine tuning.

***I'm certainly am glad it is of use as I am not a coder but figured out what mods I made by logic. It could use some fine tuning by somebody that actually knows what they are doing in php. Maybe you could help. I'm currently trying to add dhl support per the suggestion of another user.

again, thanks for using my contrib.

Scott

I am having a small problem with my installation of this mod. All the functionality seems to be working properly, but somewhere I think I messed up because the emails that are sent to the customer have 'YOUR_STORE_NAME' in ithe subject instead of the actual store name. :blush:

Edited by galax

Hi, awesome contrib. It works great. The only problem I am having is that the variables for text items are displayed as the variables themselves and not the text they are defined as.

This happens on my admin/orders page:

TABLE_HEADING_UPS_TRACKING as well as the others show up like this. This is fine and doesnt really matter since i am the only one that sees this.

But this also happens for my emails when I update the order status:

EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_11EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2Pending is what the subject of the email is. I dont think there is an EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_11...

EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER is displayed in the body of the email.

Maybe the includes arent fully defined for the text variables that need to be included...

ONE MORE THING...

Does anyone know of a contrib that will add the ability to set an order status to "shipped". I cant find this option in my osCommerce.

Thank you very much in advance,

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
If you need support for my contribution "Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods": http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,3381/

Thanks!

Scott (olsonsp4c)

I just installed the contribution but haven't had the chance to test it all out yet. I am submitting a test order and going to checkout, but after I "confirm order" (and checkout_process.php is running), I am getting an error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /home/nativetr/public_html/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /home/nativetr/public_html/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I didn't change anything in that file -- do you have any idea as to why I am getting this error?

Scott,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly! Here is the section of code from database.php that is giving me the error:

function tep_db_connect($server = DB_SERVER, $username = DB_SERVER_USERNAME, $password = DB_SERVER_PASSWORD, $database = DB_DATABASE, $link = 'db_link') {

global $$link;

if (USE_PCONNECT == 'true') {

$$link = mysql_pconnect($server, $username, $password);

} else {

$$link = mysql_connect($server, $username, $password);

}

if ($$link) mysql_select_db($database);

return $$link;

}

I have installed 3 other contributions but none of them have modified that code, or the file for that matter -- not sure why I am getting the error. Could it be from checkout_process.php?

I figured out my problem -- DUH!

I was calling application.top twice in checkout_process. Not sure how I did that, but the important thing is that it all works correctly! Thanks again for all of you time and effort in programming this -- I really like the contribution and find that it works perfectly! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
ONE MORE THING...

Does anyone know of a contrib that will add the ability to set an order status to "shipped". I cant find this option in my osCommerce.

Thank you very much in advance,

Chris

access your admin->Localization->Orders Status

creat a new order status name it "shipped".

Done.

Now when ever updating orders you will find this option on the dropdown menu for order status.

Good Luck

Remember - - - "STRESSED" spelled backwards "DESSERTS"

I just installed this contribution and got it all fully functional. This ia a really great contribution! I think it provides an extra flair of professionalism that customers like to see in their e-mail confirmations.

I have the Purchase Without Account (PWA) contribution installed and found some major conflicts in /catalog/admin/orders.php but it was easy to figure out what to do to integrate both contributions. I added the extra Order Tracking (/catalog/tracking.php) link in the Info box and added this link to all my PWA orders so they could click the link and past in the tracking order on my web site. Works great.

The directions were really excellent. Thanks!!!

Joe

Edited by primadude

Here are the combined changes that I did for the Package Tracking with Email v.1.2.3 contribution and Purchase Without Account v0.90 contribution where they conflicted within:

in /catalog/admin/orders.php, starting at about line 29:

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'update_order':

$status = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['status']);

$comments = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['comments']);

// >>> BEGIN - Contribution: Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods v1.21

$ups_track_num = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['ups_track_num']);

$usps_track_num = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['usps_track_num']);

$fedex_track_num = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['fedex_track_num']);

// <<< END - Contribution: Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods v1.21

$order_updated = false;

// >>> BEGIN - Contribution: Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods v1.21

$check_status_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_email_address, orders_status, fedex_track_num, ups_track_num, usps_track_num, date_purchased from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

$check_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query);

if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

$customer_notified = '0';

// BEGIN >>> PWA v0.90 Contribution

$pwa_check_query= tep_db_query("select purchased_without_account from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$pwa_check= tep_db_fetch_array($pwa_check_query);

// END <<< PWA v0.90 Contribution

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) & ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on') & ($ups_track_num == '' & $fedex_track_num == '' & $usps_track_num == '' ) ) {

$notify_comments = '';

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {

$notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n";

if ($comments == null)

$notify_comments = '';

}

if ($pwa_check['purchased_without_account'] != '1'){

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

} else {

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

}

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], STORE_NAME . " " . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_1 . $oID . " " . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2 . $orders_status_array[$status], $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';

} else if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on' & ($ups_track_num == '' or $fedex_track_num == '' or $usps_track_num == '' ) ) {

$notify_comments = '';

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on') {

$notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n";

if ($comments == null)

$notify_comments = '';

}

if ($ups_track_num == null) {

$ups_text = '';

}else{

$ups_text = 'UPS: ';

$ups_track_num = $ups_track_num . "\n";

}

if ($fedex_track_num == null) {

$fedex_text = '';

}else{

$fedex_text = 'Fedex: ';

$fedex_track_num = $fedex_track_num . "\n";

}

if ($usps_track_num == null) {

$usps_text = '';

}else{

$usps_text = 'USPS: ';

$usps_track_num = $usps_track_num . "\n";

}

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER . "\n" . $ups_text . $ups_track_num . $fedex_text . $fedex_track_num . $usps_text . $usps_track_num . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER_2 . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

} else {

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER . "\n" . $ups_text . $ups_track_num . $fedex_text . $fedex_track_num . $usps_text . $usps_track_num . PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_LINK . " " . PWA_HOME_URL . PWA_EMAIL_URL_TRACKING_LINK . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

}

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], STORE_NAME . " " . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_1 . $oID . " " . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2 . $orders_status_array[$status], $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

} else if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on' & (tep_not_null($ups_track_num) & tep_not_null($fedex_track_num) & tep_not_null($usps_track_num) ) ) {

$notify_comments = '';

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on') {

if ($comments == null)

$notify_comments = '';

}

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER . "\n" . 'UPS: ' . $ups_track_num . "\n" . 'Fedex: ' . $fedex_track_num . "\n" . 'USPS: ' . $usps_track_num . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER_2 . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

} else {

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER . "\n" . 'UPS: ' . $ups_track_num . "\n" . 'Fedex: ' . $fedex_track_num . "\n" . 'USPS: ' . $usps_track_num . PWA_HOME_URL . PWA_EMAIL_URL_TRACKING_LINK . " " . tep_catalog_href_link(PWA_EMAIL_URL_TRACKING_LINK) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

}

}

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments) . "')");

$order_updated = true;

}

--------------------------------------

I also defined a few more fields (used above) to make the PWA e-mails format better and also contain a link to the /catalog/tracking.php page.

In /catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/orders.php:

define('TABLE_HEADING_UPS_TRACKING', 'UPS Tracking Number');

define('TABLE_HEADING_USPS_TRACKING', 'USPS Tracking Number');

define('TABLE_HEADING_FEDEX_TRACKING', 'Fedex Tracking Number');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Order Update');

define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '------------------------------------------------------');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_1', 'Store Order #');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2', ' - Status: ');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER', 'Order Number:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL', 'Detailed Invoice:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED', 'Date Ordered:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE', 'Your order status is: %s' . "\n\n" . 'If necessary, you may update your order directly by following the "Detailed Invoice" link above (login required). If you have further questions or comments, please reply to this email.' . "\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER', 'Package tracking number(s):');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER_2', 'Click the "Detailed Invoice" link above to track your order (login required).');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_HEADER', 'Order Tracking');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_HEADER', 'Comments');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_HEADER', 'Status');

define('EMAIL_URL_CONTACT_LINK', 'contact_us.php');

define('EMAIL_URL_HOME_LINK', 'index.php');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE', 'The comments for your order are:' . "\n%s\n");

// >>> BEGIN - Contribution: Purchase Without Account Custom Mods for Package Tracking v1.21

define('PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE', 'Your order status is: %s' . "\n\n" . 'If you have further questions or comments, please reply to this email.' . "\n");

define('PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_NUMBER', 'Package tracking numbers: ');

define('PWA_EMAIL_TEXT_TRACKING_LINK', 'Track your package here: ');

define('PWA_EMAIL_URL_TRACKING_LINK', 'tracking.php');

define('PWA_HOME_URL', 'http://www.yourwebsite.com/');

// <<< END - Contribution: Purchase Without Account Custom Mods for Package Tracking v1.21

--------------------------------

Hope this helps...

Joe

• 4 weeks later...

Scott,

Excellent Contrib, thanks for adding it!

I was looking for Contrib that did just this, but wanted 1 other feature.

I hope it is ok with you that I share this with you in this post...

My wife came accross a site that showed the tracking info right on her order status page, on a website she recently placed an order on.

I that I thought was very nicely done, so I took a screen shot of it, and will post for review.

I would love to see this for UPS orders, rather then pop open new window to UPS site.

Give me your feedback, if it is something another Contrib already has.

If not, I might look at adding it, as soon as I can get some time.

Screen Shot of Tracking

trying to see where I went wrong, as I am getting this error, when I click on oder, then edit, invoice or packing slip, I get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

Doing a search on the forums, it looks like the error is from the comments is trying to go under orders.

orders does not have a column comments, comments go to order_status_history.

Anyone have any idea where I went wrong ?

• 2 weeks later...
I am having a small problem with my installation of this mod. All the functionality seems to be working properly, but somewhere I think I messed up because the emails that are sent to the customer have 'YOUR_STORE_NAME' in ithe subject instead of the actual store name. :blush:

You can change that in your checkout_process.php to whatever you'd like.

I installed this contribution and although I very much appreciate the effort, I uninstalled it totally in search for the one talked about above (I too have seen it and am currently searching for the contrib.

Hi,

Scott, Thank you for this great contribution.

I have installed this contribution on three stores and everything looks just fine.

The only small problem that I have is that after I enter the tracking number for USPS and update the order, the tracking number disappears from the USPS tracking box in edit order. But it sends an email and it posts the tracking number on customers order history and the link works just fine. I don't have this problem with UPS or FedEx and both tracking numbers will be saved in that page.

That is the only problem that I have in all three stores that I have installed this contribution.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thanks again.

Edited by omidhz

Regards,

• 3 weeks later...
trying to see where I went wrong, as I am getting this error, when I click on oder, then edit, invoice or packing slip, I get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

Doing a search on the forums, it looks like the error is from the comments is trying to go under orders.

orders does not have a column comments, comments go to order_status_history.

Anyone have any idea where I went wrong ?

Did you ever figure this problem out? I'm having the exact same problem occur when trying to install the mod.

I did notice in the catalog/includes/classes/order.php file the instructions indicated that $order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name.... also had a field called comments which was not the case in my order.php file. I added the fedex_track_num, ups_track_num, usps_track_num fields but not the comments field and am wondering if that's being called up somewhere else?

hello. i've just installed this module and it works great, well it does apart from one little thing that i can't figure out how to fix...

-the first email i get for placing my order works fine (& the link to domain/shop/account_history_info.php)

-the second email i get after changing status to shipped arrives fine but the link to account_history_info.php is incorrect and changed to domain/shop/shop/account_history_info.php

apart from that i get the tracking numbers ok..

does anyone know why or where it changes the link to /shop/shop/account_his... ???

i've checked /admin/orders.php but all the email code for each looks the same :(

anyhelp would be very much appreciated...

hello. i've just installed this module and it works great, well it does apart from one little thing that i can't figure out how to fix...

-the first email i get for placing my order works fine (& the link to domain/shop/account_history_info.php)

-the second email i get after changing status to shipped arrives fine but the link to account_history_info.php is incorrect and changed to domain/shop/shop/account_history_info.php

apart from that i get the tracking numbers ok..

does anyone know why or where it changes the link to /shop/shop/account_his... ???

i've checked /admin/orders.php but all the email code for each looks the same :(

anyhelp would be very much appreciated...

check your configure.php file and make sure that all the paths listed are correct (shop does not appear redundantly)

thanks!

Scott

Did you ever figure this problem out? I'm having the exact same problem occur when trying to install the mod.

I did notice in the catalog/includes/classes/order.php file the instructions indicated that $order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name.... also had a field called comments which was not the case in my order.php file. I added the fedex_track_num, ups_track_num, usps_track_num fields but not the comments field and am wondering if that's being called up somewhere else?

hello - it might be because i had installed a contrib for customer comments, though I thought that I removed it so it wouldn't be in the code. Just fyi, the mod was called "Customer Comments" (1.2?). thanks!

Scott