• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

olsonsp4c

I have this contribution installed and it works fine. The only problem is when a customer logs into their account_history_info.php, the tracking numbers are not there. Did I miss something?

Thanks, Rickey

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this contribution installed and it works fine. The only problem is when a customer logs into their account_history_info.php, the tracking numbers are not there. Did I miss something?

Thanks, Rickey

With the information that you've given me, I'd have to say that you did miss something; however, knowing what you missed is another question I can't answer...

My guess is that you missed at least one edit in account_history_info.php but it could be another file too...

Scott

• 3 weeks later...
With the information that you've given me, I'd have to say that you did miss something; however, knowing what you missed is another question I can't answer...

My guess is that you missed at least one edit in account_history_info.php but it could be another file too...

Scott

Your're right, I did miss one edit. Got that fixed but I have another question. I have Ultimate HTML Email installed, I have everything working fine accept when I go to Admin to update an order for a customer. I change the order status from pending to processing and it sends the Ultimate HTML Email layout that I use. When I update the order to shipped and include the tracking number and send the update, it's in plain text. The shipping number is there and it is a link to track the package but I cant figure out how to change this email layout to use the Ultimate HTML Email.

Thanks, Rickey

did you look under the Admin configuration options - Send HTML emails?

Yes sir, it works on all the emails accept when I update the order status to shipped and include a tracking number.

Yes sir, it works on all the emails accept when I update the order status to shipped and include a tracking number.

OK. Well, honestly, I don't know. I'm sure it's a conflict with the other addon you mentioned which I don't use and haven't tested with my addon for compatability. You could email me your catalog/admin/orders.php file and I could attempt to look at it to see what hacks the other addon made that might conflict.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

Guys, everything so far is working fine with this contribution on the customer end. The only problem I'm having is, once a tracking # is entered in admin and updated, the text box isn't populated with the tracking number after a page reload. This makes it difficult to know whether a tracking number has been entered.

Please advise on where I might look to resolve this issue.

Thanks, Frank

Guys, everything so far is working fine with this contribution on the customer end. The only problem I'm having is, once a tracking # is entered in admin and updated, the text box isn't populated with the tracking number after a page reload. This makes it difficult to know whether a tracking number has been entered.

Please advise on where I might look to resolve this issue.

Thanks, Frank

Frank, it is most likely in admin/orders.php or in admin/includes/classes/order.php - double check your edits in these two files...

Scott

Frank, it is most likely in admin/orders.php or in admin/includes/classes/order.php - double check your edits in these two files...

Scott

Scott, this may be a dumb question, but is this designed to populate the text box in admin if a tracking number has been added? I've double and triple checked my code and it's all there. I'm confused at this point.

Scott, this may be a dumb question, but is this designed to populate the text box in admin if a tracking number has been added? I've double and triple checked my code and it's all there. I'm confused at this point.

It is Frankc...

sorry I can't look at it right now, but I will post later today.

Scott

This is the code that populates the input boxes in admin/orders.php - look for "$order->info['xxxx_track_num'];" - it grabs the input from the db query:

<!-- Package Tracking Plus BEGIN -->
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_USPS_TRACKING; ?></b></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('usps_track_num', '40', '40', '', $order->info['usps_track_num']); ?></td>
		<td class="main"><a target="_blank" href="http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=<?php echo $order->info['usps_track_num']; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('usps_track_num2', '40', '40', '', $order->info['usps_track_num2']); ?></td>
		<td class="main"><a target="_blank" href="http://trkcnfrm1.smi.usps.com/PTSInternetWeb/InterLabelInquiry.do?origTrackNum=<?php echo $order->info['usps_track_num2']; ?>"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="5"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_UPS_TRACKING; ?></b></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('ups_track_num', '40', '40', '', $order->info['ups_track_num']); ?></td>
		<td><a target="_blank" href="http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?InquiryNumber1=<?php echo $order->info['ups_track_num']; ?>&InquiryNumber2=&InquiryNumber3=&InquiryNumber4=&InquiryNumber5=&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&UPS_HTML_Version=3.0&IATA=us&Lang=en&submit=Track+Package"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('ups_track_num2', '40', '40', '', $order->info['ups_track_num2']); ?></td>
		<td><a target="_blank" href="http://wwwapps.ups.com/etracking/tracking.cgi?InquiryNumber1=<?php echo $order->info['ups_track_num2']; ?>&InquiryNumber2=&InquiryNumber3=&InquiryNumber4=&InquiryNumber5=&TypeOfInquiryNumber=T&UPS_HTML_Version=3.0&IATA=us&Lang=en&submit=Track+Package"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td colspan="5"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_FEDEX_TRACKING; ?></b></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('fedex_track_num', '40', '40', '', $order->info['fedex_track_num']); ?></td>
		<td class="main"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=<?php echo $order->info['fedex_track_num']; ?>&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('fedex_track_num2', '40', '40', '', $order->info['fedex_track_num2']); ?></td>
		<td class="main"><a target="_blank" href="http://www.fedex.com/Tracking?tracknumbers=<?php echo $order->info['fedex_track_num2']; ?>&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
		<td class="main"><b><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_DHL_TRACKING; ?></b></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('dhl_track_num', '40', '40', '', $order->info['dhl_track_num']); ?></td>
		<td class="main"><a target="_blank" href="http://track.dhl-usa.com/atrknav.asp?ShipmentNumber=<?php echo $order->info['dhl_track_num']; ?>&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
		<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textbox_field('dhl_track_num2', '40', '40', '', $order->info['dhl_track_num2']); ?></td>
		<td class="main"><a target="_blank" href="http://track.dhl-usa.com/atrknav.asp?ShipmentNumber=<?php echo $order->info['dhl_track_num2']; ?>&action=track&language=english&cntry_code=us"><?php echo tep_image_button('button_track.gif', 'Track Package'); ?></a></td>
	  </tr>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
<!-- Package Tracking Plus END -->

if this code is correct then you are missing the db query in admin/includes/classes/order.php

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, usps_track_num, usps_track_num2, ups_track_num, ups_track_num2, fedex_track_num, fedex_track_num2, dhl_track_num, dhl_track_num2, currency, currency_value, date_purchased, orders_status, last_modified from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " where orders_id = '" . (int)$order_id . "'");

or this in the same file:

FIND this:

$this->info = array('currency' => $order['currency'],
					  'currency_value' => $order['currency_value'],
					  'payment_method' => $order['payment_method'],
					  'cc_type' => $order['cc_type'],
					  'cc_owner' => $order['cc_owner'],
					  'cc_number' => $order['cc_number'],
					  'cc_expires' => $order['cc_expires'],
					  'date_purchased' => $order['date_purchased'],
					  'orders_status' => $order_status['orders_status_name'],
					  'last_modified' => $order['last_modified'],
					  'total' => strip_tags($order_total['text']),
					  'shipping_method' => ((substr($shipping_method['title'], -1) == ':') ? substr(strip_tags($shipping_method['title']), 0, -1) : strip_tags($shipping_method['title'])));

INSERT this ABOVE the last line:

//Package Tracking Plus BEGIN
					  'usps_track_num' => $order['usps_track_num'],
					  'usps_track_num2' => $order['usps_track_num2'],
					  'ups_track_num' => $order['ups_track_num'],
					  'ups_track_num2' => $order['ups_track_num2'],
					  'fedex_track_num' => $order['fedex_track_num'],
					  'fedex_track_num2' => $order['fedex_track_num2'],
					  'dhl_track_num' => $order['dhl_track_num'],
					  'dhl_track_num2' => $order['dhl_track_num2'],
//Package Tracking Plus END

MAKE sure that EVERY line EXCEPT the last one ends with a "," (comma) while the LAST line ends with ");"

It would be safest to have your last line still be:

'shipping_method' => ((substr($shipping_method['title'], -1) == ':') ? substr(strip_tags($shipping_method['title']), 0, -1) : strip_tags($shipping_method['title'])));

Scott

• 4 weeks later...
Hello,

Unless you purposefully modified this file, it should look like this after the mod is pasted:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, Scott, thanks for the wonderful contrib, i am also getting this error, i tried the mod code you gave and the only thing it does is move the error line number down. Here is my error code...

Parse error: parse error in /home/www/cmprints.com/admin/orders.php on line 242

I am looking forward to using this, please help.

customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments) . "')");

$order_updated = true;

}

if (tep_not_null($ups_track_num)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set ups_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($ups_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$order_updated = true;

}

if (tep_not_null($usps_track_num)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set usps_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($usps_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$order_updated = true;

}

if (tep_not_null($fedex_track_num)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set fedex_track_num = '" . tep_db_input($fedex_track_num) . "' where orders_id = '" . tep_db_input($oID) . "'");

$order_updated = true;

}

if ($order_updated == true) {

$messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');

} else {

$messageStack->add_session(WARNING_ORDER_NOT_UPDATED, 'warning');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));

break;

case 'deleteconfirm':

$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));

break;

}

}

hope this helps

scott

• 3 weeks later...

the above post has no question, so I'm not sure how to address it...

Scott

• 4 weeks later...

I did install this contribution alon with package tracking plus but the two will not work together. The code from packing tracking I am referring to is below:

$check_status = tep_db_fetch_array($check_status_query);

if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

/** $customer_notified = '0';

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on')) {

$notify_comments = '';

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on')) {

$notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n\n";

}

$email = STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . $oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . $oID, 'SSL') . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';

} **/

//Package Tracking Plus BEGIN

$customer_notified = '0';

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on' & ($usps_track_num == '' & $usps_track_num2 == '' & $ups_track_num == '' & $ups_track_num2 == '' & $fedex_track_num == '' & $fedex_track_num2 == '' & $dhl_track_num == '' & $dhl_track_num2 == '' ) ) {

$notify_comments = '';

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify_comments'] == 'on') {

$notify_comments = sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_COMMENTS_UPDATE, $comments) . "\n";

if ($comments == null)

$notify_comments = '';

}

$email = 'Dear ' . $check_status['customers_name'] . ',' . "\n\n" . STORE_NAME . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER . ' ' . (int)$oID . "\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL . ' ' . "<a HREF='" . tep_catalog_href_link(FILENAME_CATALOG_ACCOUNT_HISTORY_INFO, 'order_id=' . (int)$oID, 'SSL') . "'>" . 'order_id=' . (int)$oID . "</a>\n" . EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED . ' ' . tep_date_long($check_status['date_purchased']) . "\n" . EMAIL_SEPARATOR . "\n\n\n" . $notify_comments . sprintf(EMAIL_TEXT_STATUS_UPDATE, $orders_status_array[$status]);

tep_mail($check_status['customers_name'], $check_status['customers_email_address'], STORE_NAME . ' ' . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_1. (int)$oID . EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2 . $orders_status_array[$status], $email, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

$customer_notified = '1';

}else if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['notify'] == 'on' & ($usps_track_num == '' or $usps_track_num2 == '' or $ups_track_num == '' or $ups_track_num2 == '' or $fedex_track_num == '' or $fedex_track_num2 == '' or $dhl_track_num == '' or $dhl_track_num2 == '' ) ) {

$notify_comments = '';

And the other mod requires this to be added - image of instruction lies below:

epis.jpg

So am looking for some ways this can be done.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have downloaded this add-on I have one question to start with. I'm using myphpadmin to upload the tracking.sql Either I am doing it wrong or placing it in the wrong place because I get a message back saying something about rows or colums being empty is this the way it should be?

Pat

I got it all installed everything looks good from the admin side even though I have not tested it yet. But when I click on the tracking link from the customer side i get the http 404 file can not be found. Even though the files is placed in the languages/english folder. Anyone have any idea why I cant access this page. There is a lot of coding to re due to check it out.

Pat

I found I missed uploading one of the tracking.php files. Now that it is uploaded when I click on tracking I get error messages refering to one of the orders.php. I had this code in the wrong place, //Package Tracking Plus BEGIN

'usps_track_num' => $order['usps_track_num'],

'usps_track_num2' => $order['usps_track_num2'],

'ups_track_num' => $order['ups_track_num'],

'ups_track_num2' => $order['ups_track_num2'],

'fedex_track_num' => $order['fedex_track_num'],

'fedex_track_num2' => $order['fedex_track_num2'],

'dhl_track_num' => $order['dhl_track_num'],

'dhl_track_num2' => $order['dhl_track_num2'],

But when I put it in the correct place I still get error messages when clicking on the tracking link. If I dont click on the link I get two pages into the order process and then I get error messages. I remove the code completely and I can do an order but no tracking ability. Even the emails that are sent out do not include a TRacking link. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I have re-looked at the coding over and over with the instructions but still no luck.

Pat

Does anyone have any input. All I did was copy and paste the coding in the instructions. I take it no one else can see the problem either. I guess I will just have to remove the script till the bugs are worked out of it

Pat

• 1 month later...

Thanks for such a great contribution. I have installed it and everything is working fine except a small detail on the email that goes out to the customer upon purchase. On the line after "With warm regards from your friends at Custom Pilot Shirts" there is a separator and then the words "Custom Pilot Shirtstrue". Where did the "true" part come from? I need to eliminate that so that it only says "Custom Pilot Shirts".

Thanks,

Rob Campbell

CustomPilotShirts.com

• 2 months later...

Excellent job on this contribution! Is it possible to add more then 3 tracking ID's per carrier with some simple customization or does this involve a complete rewrite of the code. My PHP and SQL skills are fair but I figured I'd ask before getting my hands wet. If possible, what are the key files to modify to add more tracking ID's

thanks

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I installed this module this morning and everything appears to be working properly. I do have one minor issue and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I installed the Package Tracking with Email Notification Mod along with the Order Editor 2.7.4

The order_editor.php page shows the UPS Tracking Number(s) properly.

But the orders.php shows TABLE_HEADING_UPS_TRACKING

I apologize if this is something simple. I've been using osCommerce for a while now but just recently started getting into the installation and configuration of modules.

FYI for the contributor - I thought the documentation was great and very easy to follow. Kudos.

DISREGARD - I resolved my issue.

Hi everyone,

I installed this module this morning and everything appears to be working properly. I do have one minor issue and I'm hoping someone here can help.

I installed the Package Tracking with Email Notification Mod along with the Order Editor 2.7.4

The order_editor.php page shows the UPS Tracking Number(s) properly.

But the orders.php shows TABLE_HEADING_UPS_TRACKING

I apologize if this is something simple. I've been using osCommerce for a while now but just recently started getting into the installation and configuration of modules.

FYI for the contributor - I thought the documentation was great and very easy to follow. Kudos.

• 2 weeks later...

hello, i have installed this MOD, hoping to make a few changes to suit my store

i am not looking to send details to customers as yet, but i do want to be able to store tracking details in admin orders page for reference.

i installed the mod skipping the parts i understand as the customer side. so far it all works beside the following

-in an order when i add the tracking number and click track it will pop up the tracking website without the number filled out.

-in an order when i add the tracking number and click update it dose not save the tracking number.

i hope some one can help with this problem. thank you!

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I am trying to install Package Tracking Plus V2.2. I have carefully followed all of the installation instructions for both Package Tracking Plus and Order Editor (seems to be a prerequsit). When I try to click on PACKAGE TRACKING the program advances through tracking.php to about line 37 <?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>. It can't find column_left.php.

I am using osCommerce V2.3.1 updated to V2.3.3. Nowhere in the release is there a column_left.php file. How do I fix this?