• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

olsonsp4c

Wanting to remove checkbox

screenshot.gif

that is supposed to be a product notifications checkbox - my addon doesn't touch that code. you could probably find it in checkout_success.php

Scott

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting this same issue where it says Order_id=3 rather than a clickable or any link ... I've double checked the instructions and made sure everything was changed properly, any other ideas where it come be at?

Thanks

You probably missed a define in catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php

Scott

I'm getting this same issue where it says Order_id=3 rather than a clickable or any link ... I've double checked the instructions and made sure everything was changed properly, any other ideas where it come be at?

Thanks

I'm unsure exactly what you referring to...

check that admin->configuration->Email Options->Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails is set to true

Scott

Yup it's set to true. Went through all install steps again and didn't miss any. The original email it sends and any updates to it don't show the link at all ...just order_id=whatever order number. Any other ideas?

Maybe i'll backdate it and reinstall it again but don't see anything out of the ordinary ...values are set for everything.

Thanks

-Eric

I'm unsure exactly what you referring to...

check that admin->configuration->Email Options->Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails is set to true

Scott

Yup it's set to true. Went through all install steps again and didn't miss any. The original email it sends and any updates to it don't show the link at all ...just order_id=whatever order number. Any other ideas?

Maybe i'll backdate it and reinstall it again but don't see anything out of the ordinary ...values are set for everything.

Thanks

-Eric

Are you using version 2.2?

Also, if that is the case, either the problem is in checkout_process.php or admin/orders.php

another possibility is that your email program is set to receive only in plain text, rejecting html

Scott

I think i'm using 2.1. Whatever is the latest one that was available to download. on my other site, i'm using an older version/different version and it works fine, so not sure why this one won't send the email correctly. I've checked both checkout_process.php and orders.php and didn't see anything that would suggest it wouldn't be working. If you have any other ideas, i'd take them, otherwise i'll just reverse what i've changed and start over on this mod.

Thanks

Are you using version 2.2?

Also, if that is the case, either the problem is in checkout_process.php or admin/orders.php

another possibility is that your email program is set to receive only in plain text, rejecting html

Scott

Good evening, im having a problem with this mod, yes im using order editor, but everytime i put a tracking number

1 it wont save,

2, when i put a tracking number and click on track, it will goto the couryer site, but will not Post and tracking numbers.

Good evening, im having a problem with this mod, yes im using order editor, but everytime i put a tracking number

1 it wont save,

2, when i put a tracking number and click on track, it will goto the couryer site, but will not Post and tracking numbers.

most likely, some of the edits are missing from admin/orders.php that writes the input to the database.

Scott

I think i'm using 2.1. Whatever is the latest one that was available to download. on my other site, i'm using an older version/different version and it works fine, so not sure why this one won't send the email correctly. I've checked both checkout_process.php and orders.php and didn't see anything that would suggest it wouldn't be working. If you have any other ideas, i'd take them, otherwise i'll just reverse what i've changed and start over on this mod.

Thanks

2.1 is the latest, you are correct - 2.2 is my development version. I'm sorry, the only thing left I can think to do is to grab a fresh rc2a admin/orders.php and re-edit it... assuming there were no major mods to this file in your existing installation. I have this running on a store with rc1 and rc2a with no problem, so the only other thing I could think is if there is a conflict with another addon that is causing the emails to lose html.

OH - one other file to check - admin/includes/functions/html_output.php - did you insert the new function there?

thanks for using my addon Chris.

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

Yup I did add the function .. I'll copy/paste it here ..encase you see anything wrong with it... it's just so weird it's not working ...

function tep_catalog_href_link($page = '', $parameters = '', $connection = 'NONSSL') {

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {

$link = HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;

} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {

if (ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG == 'true') {

$link = HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;

} else {

$link = HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG;

}

} else {

die('</td></tr></table></td></tr></table><br><br><font color="#ff0000"><b>Error!</b></font><br><br><b>Unable to determine connection method on a link!<br><br>Known methods: NONSSL SSL<br><br>Function used:<br><br>tep_href_link(\'' . $page . '\', \'' . $parameters . '\', \'' . $connection . '\')</b>');

}

if ($parameters == '') {

$link .= $page;

} else {

$link .= $page . '?' . $parameters;

}

while ( (substr($link, -1) == '&') || (substr($link, -1) == '?') ) $link = substr($link, 0, -1);

return $link;

}

2.1 is the latest, you are correct - 2.2 is my development version. I'm sorry, the only thing left I can think to do is to grab a fresh rc2a admin/orders.php and re-edit it... assuming there were no major mods to this file in your existing installation. I have this running on a store with rc1 and rc2a with no problem, so the only other thing I could think is if there is a conflict with another addon that is causing the emails to lose html.

OH - one other file to check - admin/includes/functions/html_output.php - did you insert the new function there?

thanks for using my addon Chris.

Scott

Chris,

this is the function that should have been inserted into admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

//Package Tracking Plus BEGIN
////
// Output a form textbox field
 function tep_draw_textbox_field($name, $size, $numchar, $value = '', $params = '', $reinsert_value = true) {
$field = '<input type="text" name="' . $name . '" size="' . $size . '" maxlength="' . $numchar . '" value="';
if ($params) $field .= '' . $params;
$field .= '';
if ( ($GLOBALS[$name]) && ($reinsert_value) ) {
  $field .= $GLOBALS[$name];
 } elseif ($value != '') {
  $field .= trim($value);
} else {
  $field .= trim($GLOBALS[$name]);
}
$field .= '">';

return $field;
 }
//Package Tracking Plus END

Scott

Well i already back dated the installation to before i installed this contrib, but i'll install it again tonight and see if it works out.... Does the below addition effect the item i'm referring to for order_id=whatever ...where no link shows?

Thanks

Chris,

this is the function that should have been inserted into admin/includes/functions/html_output.php

//Package Tracking Plus BEGIN
////
// Output a form textbox field
 function tep_draw_textbox_field($name, $size, $numchar, $value = '', $params = '', $reinsert_value = true) {
$field = '<input type="text" name="' . $name . '" size="' . $size . '" maxlength="' . $numchar . '" value="';
if ($params) $field .= '' . $params;
$field .= '';
if ( ($GLOBALS[$name]) && ($reinsert_value) ) {
  $field .= $GLOBALS[$name];
 } elseif ($value != '') {
  $field .= trim($value);
} else {
  $field .= trim($GLOBALS[$name]);
}
$field .= '">';

return $field;
 }
//Package Tracking Plus END

Scott

Well i already back dated the installation to before i installed this contrib, but i'll install it again tonight and see if it works out.... Does the below addition effect the item i'm referring to for order_id=whatever ...where no link shows?

Thanks

No, it affects the input of tracking numbers...

Scott

im still haveing the same issue, it wont save to the db, i went through the code and no luck can i post a link to the php file and someone have a lok at if possible, Or anyone have a similar issue pls avise how to resolve

check admin/orders.php for the db insert functions - make sure they are there.

check admin/includes/functions/html_output.php for the added function - is it there?

if these are there - go to my profile page and email me.

Scott

Hi Scott,

Hope all is excellent with you and the family and Thank You for making this available (v2.1).

i'm having this weird problem where when the initial email goes out to the customer the order_id= link works correctly

but if I send out an email thru Admin Update, the order_id link when clicked shows a browser URL of:

https://mystore.comhttp//mystore.comaccount...hp?order_id=100

Do you have any suggestions besides don't send updated emails?

Thanks for your insight.

L8r,

jk

Hi Scott,

Hope all is excellent with you and the family and Thank You for making this available (v2.1).

i'm having this weird problem where when the initial email goes out to the customer the order_id= link works correctly

but if I send out an email thru Admin Update, the order_id link when clicked shows a browser URL of:

Thanks for your insight.

L8r,

jk

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your insight.

L8r,

jk

Is that for any tracking number url or just a particular carrier?

Scott

Hello,

Installed this addon. When we add a tracking number it does not send in e-mail or update customers account with tracking info. Please Help

Hello,

Installed this addon. When we add a tracking number it does not send in e-mail or update customers account with tracking info. Please Help

I need more info than that to help well.

You could look in the edits for admin/orders.php to see if any are missing. Most likely they are.

It would be best if you re-went through the instructions step by step to make sure all the edits are there in the code.

Scott

yYes will do that. Where it is in orders.php conflicts with google checkout code also. That is probably the problem.

You are most likely correct - I've heard other people having issues with merging the two and it is challenging to figure out.

Scott

I am having some problems with paypal ipn module. The order did not get acknowledged even payment was made through paypal. Can someone help?

have you merged all changes made to checkout_process.php into your paypal file?

Scott