• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Package Tracking with Email Notification Mods

olsonsp4c

Great and thx... (sorry) Call me a pinhead on that one... It's 10am here, been back and forth on this an adding items to the cart...and 2 pots of coffee since 3:45 making my eyes flutter some..

OK, I did Part 1 step 6..

Now ??

And REPLACE with this (customize): ( Your code says > If necessary, you may update your order directly by following the link above (login required).

And the other has nothing like that...so... Does this have something to do with Order Edit contrib?

Just checking...and I'm past half way thru your install file... I hope I get it done this year...<just kidding while I am laughing>

And each step, I am uploading and making sure my cart is still somewhat intact...also...except for total checkout.

Jim

it is a part of the addon (not order editor)

Scott

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is a part of the addon (not order editor)

Scott

:-) Now, I see it... (In the e-mail) as for what my prior question was about... :thumbsup:

Houston!! The Eagle has landed ~~ I can flow thru an order, of a fresh install of OSC (osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a.) w/no other mods involved in it yet. To me, taking care of the background logistics was a "Priority 1" before continuing...and I thank-you for your relentless efforts on this mod.

Does it work?...<laugh>... I don't know yet...lol.. But I have much faith!!

I want to thank-you very much also for the fine documentation on this Scott, (except for the couple of questions I did have...and thx again for the answers thru the intall) as when i first PM'd you about this...I explained some about me. Back in the 80's when I was coding...my development of my C code, my comments would outrank the code 4-5x during development..

Remember, that's when a box w/ 4 meg-of-ram on board was a "super computer" :lol:

Now that it is installed, and I can "see" in the admin where/what etc...to enter...

I do have a couple of "side questions"...that I'd like to ask about overall flow-vs-function...and if you don't mind me sending in a PM...instead of cluttering a support thread of yours for my questions.....if you have time.

Thx again brother!! You'll be getting a donation from me on this one...

Jim

PS... Amy ??.. You never posted again, and I hope you didn't get flusterd and say " to heck with it "... If you need help, I'll be more than happy to also help you get as far as I did..and answer anything I can involved with this contrib so far.

Edited by trochia

:-) Now, I see it... (In the e-mail) as for what my prior question was about... :thumbsup:

Houston!! The Eagle has landed ~~ I can flow thru an order, of a fresh install of OSC (osCommerce Online Merchant v2.2 RC2a.) w/no other mods involved in it yet. To me, taking care of the background logistics was a "Priority 1" before continuing...and I thank-you for your relentless efforts on this mod.

Does it work?...<laugh>... I don't know yet...lol.. But I have much faith!!

I want to thank-you very much also for the fine documentation on this Scott, (except for the couple of questions I did have...and thx again for the answers thru the intall) as when i first PM'd you about this...I explained some about me. Back in the 80's when I was coding...my development of my C code, my comments would outrank the code 4-5x during development..

Remember, that's when a box w/ 4 meg-of-ram on board was a "super computer" :lol:

Now that it is installed, and I can "see" in the admin where/what etc...to enter...

I do have a couple of "side questions"...that I'd like to ask about overall flow-vs-function...and if you don't mind me sending in a PM...instead of cluttering a support thread of yours for my questions.....if you have time.

Thx again brother!! You'll be getting a donation from me on this one...

Jim

PS... Amy ??.. You never posted again, and I hope you didn't get flusterd and say " to heck with it "... If you need help, I'll be more than happy to also help you get as far as I did..and answer anything I can involved with this contrib so far.

Feel free to PM me or to email me. If you'd like to make a donation, I could give you my Paypal account there... Thanks! Glad the install is completed.

Scott

Feel free to PM me or to email me. If you'd like to make a donation, I could give you my Paypal account there... Thanks! Glad the install is completed.

Scott

Me also, now...to make IT work...and the best of IT :thumbsup:

When I put a closing bracket, before case 'deleteconfirm'; that did the trick it should look like this:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
	break;
}
  case 'deleteconfirm':
	$oID = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID']);

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));
	break;
}
 }

============================

The above recommendation of adding a } bracket did not work and it still states the same error

I have only the following contributions installed in order.

1. EasyPopulate

2. Fancy Invoices

3. Package Tracking (this problem)

Sample of the surrounding code with my } bracket added and still getting the "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE "

//Package Tracking Plus END

if ($order_updated == true) {
	 $messageStack->add_session(SUCCESS_ORDER_UPDATED, 'success');
	} else {
	  $messageStack->add_session(WARNING_ORDER_NOT_UPDATED, 'warning');
	}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));
	break;
}
  case 'deleteconfirm':

tep_remove_order($oID, $HTTP_POST_VARS['restock']);

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID', 'action'))));
	break;
}
 }

if (($action == 'edit') && isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['oID'])) {

Any suggestions?

Could you post the name of the file, the offending line of code before you inserted the } around delete confirm and the surrounding code highlighting the offending line, and the offending line of code after you inserted the } around delete confirm and the surrounding code highlighting the offending line. thanks!

Scott

the file is admin/orders.php

and is the same problem as post#40 from kloienyc

I'm having the exact same error and offending line of code

error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in

offending line of code

case 'deleteconfirm':

Could you post the name of the file, the offending line of code before you inserted the } around delete confirm and the surrounding code highlighting the offending line, and the offending line of code after you inserted the } around delete confirm and the surrounding code highlighting the offending line. thanks!

Scott

the file is admin/orders.php

and is the same problem as post#40 from kloienyc

I'm having the exact same error and offending line of code

error

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_CASE in

offending line of code

case 'deleteconfirm':

The issue, I believe, was copying these two line into admin/orders.php that is not a part of the edit but is only there for placement (creates and extra } and messes with the if statements):

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");

$order_updated = true;
	}

Scott

Scott found the problem, duplicate code on my part. I also had to remove the } and now it works fine.

Recap:

OSC: oscommerce-2.2rc2a

EasyPopulate: EP_v2_76f_r1_MS2

Fancy Invoices: Fancier_invoice_6.2_Fixed_2007

*Now Package Tracking 2.1

error: Duplicate line of code that was suppose to be used as a placement identifier, guess I accidently pasted it in to the page (had it twice, one after the other, should've seen that)

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS_HISTORY . " (orders_id, orders_status_id, date_added, customer_notified, comments) values ('" . (int)$oID . "', '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', now(), '" . tep_db_input($customer_notified) . "', '" . tep_db_input($comments)  . "')");

$order_updated = true;
	}

I removed the closing } before the error line

case 'deleteconfirm':

I thought my problem was like post#40, but it wasn't, just duplicate code.

I'd like to thank Scott (olsonsp4c) and Jim (trochia) for their assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm stuck on order status if I'm log-in into my account.

in admin, changed to processing and shipped(delivered), but if customer log-in to their account, it keeps saying PENDING.

any ideas?

the place to look would probably be admin/orders.php

double check your edits in that file to make sure you didn't delete something important and compare it to RC2 original to see if there are missing lines using WinMerge...

as my addon does not effect this function.

also check admin/includes/classes/order.php and includes/classes/order.php

Scott

Edited by olsonsp4c

the place to look would probably be admin/orders.php

double check your edits in that file to make sure you didn't delete something important and compare it to RC2 original to see if there are missing lines using WinMerge...

as my addon does not effect this function.

also check admin/includes/classes/order.php and includes/classes/order.php

Scott

Thanks Scott,

I fixed the problems

It was steps no 2.

I deleted

if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments)) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

I'm trying to figure out why order status update wont trigger the email to customer.

e.g. order up to processing or shipped, no email at all to customer.

Thanks Scott,

I fixed the problems

It was steps no 2.

I deleted

if ( ($check_status['orders_status'] != $status) || tep_not_null($comments)) {
         tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_ORDERS . " set orders_status = '" . tep_db_input($status) . "', last_modified = now() where orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'");

I'm trying to figure out why order status update wont trigger the email to customer.

e.g. order up to processing or shipped, no email at all to customer.

the problem would be in admin/orders.php

• 2 weeks later...

excellent contribution

all working, just having couple small issues:

1. Email after ordering

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER 6

Detailed Invoice: order_id=6

2. All other emails

Order Number: 6

Have tried everything in forum, any help greatly appreciated.

excellent contribution

all working, just having couple small issues:

1. Email after ordering

EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER 6

2. All other emails

Order Number: 6

Have tried everything in forum, any help greatly appreciated.

You probably missed a define in catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php

Scott

You probably missed a define in catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_process.php

Scott

Scott thanks for reply. Heres my checkout_process.php

Do you see anything that would fix both my issues?

<?php

/*

$Id: checkout_process.php,v 1.26 2002/11/01 04:22:05 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

//Package Tracking Plus BEGIN

//define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Order Process');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_GREETING', 'Thank you so much for ordering from ' . STORE_NAME . '! Below is an invoice of your order for your records. If you have questions or comments, please reply to this email.' . "\n\n" . 'With warm regards from your friends at ' . STORE_NAME . "\n");

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_1', ' Order');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2', 'has been received.');

//Package Tracking Plus ENDdefine('EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER', 'Order Number:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL', 'Detailed Invoice:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED', 'Date Ordered:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS', 'Products');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBTOTAL', 'Sub-Total:');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TAX', 'Tax: ');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_SHIPPING', 'Shipping: ');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_TOTAL', 'Total: ');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS', 'Delivery Address');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS', 'Billing Address');

define('EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Payment Method');

define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '------------------------------------------------------');

define('EMAIL_INVOICE', ' Invoice');

define('TEXT_EMAIL_VIA', 'via');

?>

The file has a missing line break - I've corrected it below, should work for you.

<?php
/*
 $Id: checkout_process.php,v 1.26 2002/11/01 04:22:05 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url=http://www.oscommerce.com]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Copyright © 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

//define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT', 'Order Process');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_GREETING', 'Thank you so much for ordering from ' . STORE_NAME . '! Below is an invoice of your order for your records. If you have questions or comments, please reply to this email.' . "\n\n" . 'With warm regards from your friends at ' . STORE_NAME . "\n");
define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_1', ' Order');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_2', 'has been received.');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_ORDER_NUMBER', 'Order Number:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_INVOICE_URL', 'Detailed Invoice:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_DATE_ORDERED', 'Date Ordered:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_PRODUCTS', 'Products');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_SUBTOTAL', 'Sub-Total:');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_TAX', 'Tax:		');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_SHIPPING', 'Shipping: ');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_TOTAL', 'Total:	');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_DELIVERY_ADDRESS', 'Delivery Address');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_BILLING_ADDRESS', 'Billing Address');
define('EMAIL_TEXT_PAYMENT_METHOD', 'Payment Method');

define('EMAIL_SEPARATOR', '------------------------------------------------------');
define('EMAIL_INVOICE', ' Invoice');
define('TEXT_EMAIL_VIA', 'via');
?>

Scott, thanks for prompt replys, That Fixed my Order# on email, but not the Order ID?

Im going to look thru contrib install. Thought I would post for further inquiries.

Order Number: 7

Detailed Invoice: order_id=7

Checked out your other contrib's, going to try a few.

Thanks Again Scott,

Fred

Scott, thanks for prompt replys, That Fixed my Order# on email, but not the Order ID?

Im going to look thru contrib install. Thought I would post for further inquiries.

Order Number: 7

Checked out your other contrib's, going to try a few.

Thanks Again Scott,

Fred

Fred, what's wrong with the order id?

Scott

shouldn't that "order_id=7" be something else like:

Detailed Invoice: (Click here to view) or (Order# 7)

But now that I have looked at it more, I guess it's just fine, if they read it like that.

I was looking for bugs after the install, saw the other issue.

Thanks Scott

shouldn't that "order_id=7" be something else like:

Detailed Invoice: (Click here to view) or (Order# 7)

But now that I have looked at it more, I guess it's just fine, if they read it like that.

I was looking for bugs after the install, saw the other issue.

Thanks Scott

In emails, order_id=7 should be a hyperlink - if it is not it is because the html emails feature is not turned on in admin->configuration->Email Options->Use MIME HTML When Sending Emails

it's a good idea to add the (Click here to view) afterwards - I might integrated that idea into a future release...

Scott

Scott was going to post question about removing the checkbox that appears, on Order Processed page.

its located next to their order, on that page.

it's been awhile since I edited that page.

Thanks

i'm unsure of exactly what you are referring to. could you be more specific please?

Scott