• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Flash in header

AngelaGXF

I made it so my header is a .swf. However, since it's animated, it, obviously, restarts the animation when you go to a new page. I was just wondering if there was an easy solution to this? Basically, I just want it to animate on the homepage and then stop, then continue to be stopped when the user goes to a different page. Can I create a new header file or something?

Not sure, as I've never done it. Perhaps someone else has some experience.

What you can do is set up an index.html page with two frames: one for the top header and one for the main part. Make the top header frame a page that displays the flash, then make the main part display index.php. I cannot think of anything that might fail doing this, and it's not to hard to try it out, so give it a shot!

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

That worked out so well! I think it's been 9 years since I've used frames, so I totally didn't even think about that. Thank you for the help!

Not sure, as I've never done it.  Perhaps someone else has some experience.

What you can do is set up an index.html page with two frames: one for the top header and one for the main part.  Make the top header frame a page that displays the flash, then make the main part display index.php.  I cannot think of anything that might fail doing this, and it's not to hard to try it out, so give it a shot!

• 1 month later...

You can also just add

<param name="LOOP" value="false">

after

<param name=quality value=high>

in your SWF code ...

a little more friendly for search engines than frames :)