• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Easy Populate Max upload?

Jagtazman

Hi there,

You're right.

If you want to upload more than 300 products you have to split the file. The documentation is in the manual(if you have one).

Its quite easy to do from your Easy populate panel though. You should have a box which says split EP file. You just browse to your file and click on 'split file'. I think it saves the split files in the temp directory, as split 1, split2 etc etc. You then just get them from there using the 'import from Temp Dir' function.

Dont take any of the above for granted, as I am far from expert, but I have used this before when designing a different store. I am currentl having problems of my own importing files, so if you can offer any help please let me know!!

Regards,

Claire

Hi there,

You're right.

If you want to upload more than 300 products you have to split the file. The documentation is in the manual(if you have one).

Its quite easy to do from your Easy populate panel though. You should have a box which says split EP file. You just browse to your file and click on 'split file'. I think it saves the split files in the temp directory, as split 1, split2 etc etc. You then just get them from there using the 'import from Temp Dir' function.

Dont take any of the above for granted, as I am far from expert, but I have used this before when designing a different store. I am currentl having problems of my own importing files, so if you can offer any help please let me know!!

Regards,

Claire

Well I have just done a test with 1615 products and it worked fine, well Ithink so I am just checking, but I would like to hear other view on this please

I have a test enviroment I am using at mo before I upload to main shop

Regards

Adam

We did upload 30000 products, took 22 minutes.

If you don't want time-outs, load the file from the /temp folder.

(this was on a shared server and my provider didn't like it.)

Edited by [MaDBuCe]

People aren't afraid of how bad you are,

People are afraid of how good you are.

We did upload 30000 products, took 22 minutes.

If you don't want time-outs, load the file from the /temp folder.

(this was on a shared server and my provider didn't like it.)

which version did u use and how do I set up a test environment?

• 3 weeks later...