• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

shared ssl - move catalog?

This is total newb stuff, and I have been getting lost in the fields of spaghetti of osc files trying to solve it!

I am hosting some stores on gradwell.net's servers, they are a uk isp and a good one, except for one thing.

The store is in a folder like, ~/webs/www.grub-street.com

The shared ssl regime is set up as a directory(ssl) also in my ~/webs dir, and contains a folder called "storefronts" which I designated when I bought the service.

so its like:

~/webs/ssl/storefronts/www.grub-street.com

and ~/webs/www.grub-street.com

Clearly the ISP intends that the whole shop gets loaded into the www.grub-street.com subdir under the ssl folder. NO!!!

I've set up the config.php files to reflect the environment, and as soon as I go to, say checkout, I get a 404 but the lock goes on and all.

The output of Alan's myenv file looks like:

HTTP HOST: storefronts.ssl.lon-web-1.gradwell.net

Server Port: 80

SSL Status:

Fowarded Server: host.uk-ssl.com

Fowarded Host: uk-ssl.com

Fowarded By:

Then the document root is:

Document Root: ~/webs/ssl/storefronts

So how do I get oscommerce to path resulting SSL calls to (for example) "https://uk-ssl.com/www.grub-street.com/checkout_shipping.php"

to pull the pages from my normal "~/webs/www.grub-street.com/htdocs/"

setup? And without loading the whole shop onto some kludge certificate server?

oh, and HEEELP!!!

without loading the whole shop onto some kludge certificate server?

You either get your host to make a symbolic link between the ssl folder and the non-ssl folder, or, you duplicate all files and folders from the non-ssl into the ssl folder, or, you find a host that doesn't use this crap two-folder system.

Vger

You either get your host to make a symbolic link between the ssl folder and the non-ssl folder, or, you duplicate all files and folders from the non-ssl into the ssl folder, or, you find a host that doesn't use this crap two-folder system.

Vger

Two folder systems do indeed suck.

In my experience symbolic links work very well but I've never had a chance to try it on a Plesk based server and someone else here has said Plesk won't allow it.

Ask the host to set up the symbolic link or if you have shell access do it yourself. There are are other methods involving the hppd file but I'm not a server expert so I can't elaborate. Basically all you need in that folder is the images folder. Or if you're using the catalog folder, the images folder inside an otherwise empty catalog folder.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Two folder systems do indeed suck.

In my experience symbolic links work very well but I've never had a chance to try it on a Plesk based server and someone else here has said Plesk won't allow it.

Ask the host to set up the symbolic link or if you have shell access do it yourself. There are are other methods involving the hppd file but I'm not a server expert so I can't elaborate. Basically all you need in that folder is the images folder. Or if you're using the catalog folder, the images folder inside an otherwise empty catalog folder.

AlanR, Vger. Tks muchly. Am having conversation in small caps with ISP now. Could see a shift to large extra bold slab serif any time.

Archived