• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Full CC number sent

Desertsky

I am using the default credit card module in osCommerce. I also accept PayPal and checks. The problem I noticed today is that when a customer enters a credit card number and then selects PayPal for the payment, the whole credit card number is sent with the order. This shouldn't be much of a problem as I have SSL enabled but it puts the whole card number in the database. If the database got hacked, the card number would be visible along with all the other info.

Is there a fix for this? Please don't tell me to go into the database table and edit the entry. I want to prevent it from happening.

• 4 months later...

Is there a problem with one of the PayPal contributions? I am having a similar issue. The whole credit card number is being saved to the database when I choose just to pay by credit card and not through paypal.

Everybody be quiet, the voices in my head are trying to tell me something!

Does anyone know if the above issue of writing the entire cc # has been addressed anywhere. I have looked for 2 days now and can not find a solution. Please advise, thank you.

Everybody be quiet, the voices in my head are trying to tell me something!