• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

QBI to include card number?

stocklister

Is there any way to add the card details to the iif file created by the QBI contribution?

If anyone has added the card details to the QBI output, or could tell me which field it is stored in, I may be able to get a bit further.

Thanks

## Another question: ##

If I choose to split the number, the card number stored in the database is masked with XXXXXXXX, isn;t it.

Does anyone know if the FTP download process is any more secure than email? (IE should the number still be masked if it's only being transmitted by ftp?) I guess the answer is that the card details should be as secure as possible.

Thanks for looking!

MB

I have answers to my own questions:

Is there any way to add the card details to the iif file created by the QBI contribution?

I've modified the qbi_engine_orders.php file to add column headings

\tCCARD\tEXP

and added to $cust_data.

$myrowo["cc_number"]."\t".$myrowo["cc_expires"].

I can then turn on the 'Delete Ccard number' option, so the database only contains card numbers for orders that aren't yet processed.

Does anyone know if the FTP download process is any more secure than email? (IE should the number still be masked if it's only being transmitted by ftp?) I guess the answer is that the card details should be as secure as possible.

sftp is more secure than ftp, in the same way as https is more secure than http. Using sftp will be safer, but also using the Split Card Email option will add another level to the security.

MB