• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPal website payments pro

AngelaGXF

I just downloaded the PayPal website payments pro contribution last week. I installed it and I'm currently trying to test it, but I'm not having very much luck. Everything seems to be working fine until I get to the step where I have to choose my payment option. When I test it on our actual server, it won't load that page at all. I tried to find the support thread that was started for this contribution, but it's gone! I also tried to find the contribution again, but it's gone, too! Anyone have any ideas about what's going on here?

I just downloaded the PayPal website payments pro contribution last week.? I installed it and I'm currently trying to test it, but I'm not having very much luck.? Everything seems to be working fine until I get to the step where I have to choose my payment option.? When I test it on our actual server, it won't load that page at all.? I tried to find the support thread that was started for this contribution, but it's gone!? I also tried to find the contribution again, but it's gone, too!? Anyone have any ideas about what's going on here?

edited by Mibble

You will need to rework your entire checkout process to make paypal pro work with osc according to the paypal agreement.

would be real super nice for an explanation about why it was pulled. is there malicious code in it?

I am close to getting a test cart checkout area reworked to be in agreement with paypals rules.

Edited by Mibble

I just downloaded the PayPal website payments pro contribution last week.  I installed it and I'm currently trying to test it, but I'm not having very much luck.  Everything seems to be working fine until I get to the step where I have to choose my payment option.  When I test it on our actual server, it won't load that page at all.  I tried to find the support thread that was started for this contribution, but it's gone!  I also tried to find the contribution again, but it's gone, too!  Anyone have any ideas about what's going on here?

Hello For WPP website payments pro

make sure that you have the following

1)SSL

2)PEAR support

3)CURL

Now test it using sandbox.

I asume that you have placed the certificate and user name and password.

You also need to sign for VT on sandbox.

Can you tell me did you test for sandbox and did it work fine.

Also try to login the details in the paypal.log file and paste it over here.

Well I had installed and supported 8 to 10 sites and the general probs are not proper path or VT not signed or Pear support is missing or PEAR support is there but include path not pointing to PEAR support.

Please trry the above and post more details.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

would be real super nice for an explanation about why it was pulled.  is there malicious code in it?

I am close to getting a test cart checkout area reworked to be in agreement with paypals rules.

Yes, it would indeed be real super nice to see some explanation about why this contribution and its support forum were deleted recently. There was a lot of useful info in that thread about getting the contribution set up and working. If there is something wrong with the contribution, please tell us.

--Adam

There was a lot of useful info in that thread about getting the contribution set up and working. If there is something wrong with the contribution, please tell us.

--Adam

i have the first 558 posts to that deleted topic in a ms word file on my desktop.

I was going to try to separate all the garbage from it, to get some sort of "this is exactly what you need to do" file going.

i just got sandbox working this week after digging through thousands of posts on scores of websites. took me since the day strike1150 released the initial code. so many months i tried and am happy to tell you that sandbox does work- sort of.

here is what I have done:

added purchase without account (a needed mod to be legally agreeable with paypal)

wpp needs work:

shipping isnt being taxed. (New york state requires me to tax the shipping for NY deliveries)

gift codes aren't being sent. (CCGV contrib works with the fix added for the oscommerce ipn mod, but the wpp mods dont support it yet.)

After I get the tax issue and discounts working I need to move the express checkout to the PWA page and Im ready for live.

fast easy checkout 1.5a by nana might be somthing to add to your store that will allow paypal wpp to work as per the agreement you made with paypal when you signed up for the service.

Yes, it would indeed be real super nice to see some explanation about why this contribution and its support forum were deleted recently. There was a lot of useful info in that thread about getting the contribution set up and working. If there is something wrong with the contribution, please tell us.

--Adam

yes, I agree as well. we are using it on a site that relies completly on it. lots of money transactions.

from what I hear it does not completly adhear to paypals business rules.....

You will need to rework your entire checkout process to make paypal pro work with osc according to the paypal agreement.

would be real super nice for an explanation about why it was pulled.? is there malicious code in it?

Well iy yo can get that work without login as required by paypal then I am ready to assist you in testing it.

Satish Mantri

Edited by Mibble

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

I never got it to fully work using Sandbox, either. It was giving me the error that my payment could not be processed. Now, after changing the sort order, it was telling me that I had to choose a payment method, but there was no radio buttons to click in order to do that. I changed the sort orders on both of them back to "0", which is what they were at before, and I still get the error about choosing a payment method. I didn't change anything else, so now I'm really confused as to what's going on.

Now I'm going to ask a *really* stupid question, but how do I know whether I have Pear and Curl support? I added the Pear folder to wherever it said to place it in the original install directions, but that's pretty much all I did regarding that. I'm seriously at the end of rope at the moment! My boss wants his store up a.s.a.p and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

And, thank you to everyone who replied to me. I appreciate the help!

Well iy yo can get that work without login as required by paypal then  I am ready to assist you in testing it.

Satish Mantri

my shipping is not being taxed. my gift codes are not being passed and removed from the order. these things need to be addressed before i move the ec module. until then it remains in a test cart.

aparently for some reason we seem to not be allowed to mention this stuff. when i figure it all out i will post my findings on the "other" site where it is being developed in the open without censorship.

AngelaGXF -- Now I'm going to ask a *really* stupid question, but how do I know whether I have Pear and Curl support?

contact your host. one other way would be to look in your oscommerce admin under tools. find the server info tab.

load that page and do a "find on this page" search

look for pear in the the configure command you will see something like

'--with-mysql' '--with-pear' '--

in there. if it says '--without-pear' then you need to do more work.

do another search on that page for cURL or scroll through it till you see curl support area. it will tell you what version you are running.

Edited by ArtRat

Oh, man. I literally cannot find any of them--as in, they are not even listed. Now, currently I am running MAMP (php, apache, mysql) on my computer so I can test locally, however I have tried to upload it to our hosting server, and neither work. I'm developing this on a mac--i'm not sure if that makes a difference, but somehow I doubt it.

contact your host. one other way would be to look in your oscommerce admin under tools. find the server info tab.

load that page and do a "find on this page" search

look for pear in the the configure command you will see something like

'--with-mysql' '--with-pear' '--

in there. if it says '--without-pear' then you need to do more work.

do another search on that page for cURL or scroll through it till you see curl support area. it will tell you what version you are running.

Oh, man.  I literally cannot find any of them--as in, they are not even listed.  Now, currently I am running MAMP (php, apache, mysql) on my computer so I can test locally, however I have tried to upload it to our hosting server, and neither work.  I'm developing this on a mac--i'm not sure if that makes a difference, but somehow I doubt it.

contact your hosting company and ask if they support the paypal requirements.

you can install pear locally on your site if you have to.

there is a site for pear, which i assume you have figure out how to find it on your own.

i pm'ed you a link to a place where you may get support.

Thank you so much! I'm gonna check all of that out now.

contact your hosting company and ask if they support the paypal requirements.

you can install pear locally on your site if you have to.

there is a site for pear, which i assume you have figure out how to find it on your own.

i pm'ed you a link to a place where you may get support.

Now I understand why every thread is "gone" from the old posting. I am driving myself crazy trying to figure some stuff out. Can anyone pm me that other site that was mentioned. Or maybe help with a very common Express Payment problem of

"PayPal Process Error!

There has been an error processing your payment. Please try again."

(I did verify that my password and file names/paths were correct already)

Thanks! =)

Niki