• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Free shipping for selected products

detriMENtal

Hey,

im wishing to get free shipping for selected products. Each week i would like to pick a few different products that i can enable free shipping on.

How can i do this?

What i tried, is to set the weight of the product to zero. But when i do this is still thinks the product weighs 14kgs and other funny things in checkout.

Anyone got any help and ideas on this

you could add an entry to the database, to give you an entry section in admin.

Then use an array statement

No longer giving free advice. Please place deposit in meter slot provided.  Individual: [=] SME: [==] Corporation: [===]
If deposit does not fit one of the slots provided then you are asking too much! :P

Is your Osc dated try Phoenix  raising oscommerce from the ashes.

any chance on some further clarification on that. i really dont want to stuff anything up.

so add another field to the products relation in the database. Then if thats set to true the item is ticked for free shipping?

Then in all the product view pages, and also in the checkout when in calculates shipping, i would have to have an IF statement to make sure i dont price up shipping IF the current product is elligible for free shipping.

Thats where would have problems, wouldnt knwo how to do the IF statement properly. Not very familiar with all the OO in this software.

Hey,

im wishing to get free shipping for selected products. Each week i would like to pick a few different products that i can enable free shipping on.

How can i do this?

What i tried, is to set the weight of the product to zero.  But when i do this is still thinks the product weighs 14kgs and other funny things in checkout.

Anyone got any help and ideas on this

that is because it adds the tare weight (packaging) to the product weights.

You could check in your shipping module if the total cart weight = 0 and if so not add the tare weight and handle it as free shipping for that product.

Treasurer MFC

It might be overkill but you could use the Multi Vendor Shipping contribution. I want to run promotions like this also, so I set up a vendor called "Free Shipping" and enabled one shipping module, Flat Rate, with the price set at $0.00. Once you get the contrib installed it's very easy to do this, and it's very easy to change the vendor of the product (for this contribution, vendor and shipping category are basically the same thing), so you could easily accomplish what you're looking for here with this addition.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.