• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Labels not working

aldaffodil

Excellent and speedy work on a fine Contrib update! I can't believe they've changed it again! What's that, like 4 times each year on average? I'm looking to update so I can begin using it again. My version is old. I use diffrentshipping.php which is the stripped down version. Is the update sql valid for this or should I look line by line?

Thanks. I think making the switch to the newer version completely would be best.

By the way, I just installed this for a client who's thrilled. I had to explain carefully the difference with the first page to them because they didn't quite get it. You may want to consider a layout that looks more like the admin panel so the less-savvy will know where they are. A minor detail, I know. Maybe an alternate page layout in the package?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I have this installed, and it carries over the customer data fine, but it doesn't automatically sign me in. How is it supposed to work? Should it automatically be signing me in or what exactly would be the steps in the procedure of completing a label from start to finish?

Thanks,

Craig

Hello,

I have this installed, and it carries over the customer data fine, but it doesn't automatically sign me in. How is it supposed to work? Should it automatically be signing me in or what exactly would be the steps in the procedure of completing a label from start to finish?

Thanks,

Craig

It doesn't sign you in. Here's the basic process I use:

1. Click USPS Shipping button, which brings up the usps_ship.php page.

2. Verify data, click "Continue".

3. Select service class and payment method, click "Continue".

4. If payment method is "Pay online" and I'm not logged in, log in, then click "Go".

5. Label is added to shipping cart. If I have another label to print, close window and return to Step 1.

6. Check out.

The login page is displayed only once per session. Sessions time out after 15 minutes of inactivity.

There are several additional steps for international packages, because you have to fill out the customs declaration information.

--Glen

I have installed the latest versiona and everything seems to work fine. The problem I am having is concerning batch labels. I add the first label and select batch order, but when I go to add the second label, it does not add it to the batch. Could someone please help me out. Thanks.

The batch label system on the USPS site is designed to make it easier to enter addresses manually. It isn't compatible with this contribution. Just add each label one at a time, then check out when you are done, or have accumulated 10 labels.

--Glen

B. Clark,

just a big thanks for updating this contribution. It was a breeze installing it, works like a charm. At least until the Postal Service changes their site again.

So thanks again, it makes shipping so much easier.

Wolfgang

I had an idea today that might put the labels in the order in which they were entered. I'll be testing over the next couple days and will report my results.

--Glen

Success! Click-n-Ship sorts packages by the package ID number. On the USPS web site and in this contribution, the package ID is a random 8 digit number, with the first digit in the range 1-9. I have replaced this with a number based on the current day of the year and the number of seconds past midnight. Since the leading digit must be greater than zero, I add 100 to the day of the year, so it runs 101-466. Seconds past midnight run from 0 to 86399.

To implement this, change line 22 of usps_ship.php to:

$packageID = (date(z)+100)*100000+time() % 86400;

The ID will reset at midnight (server time) on Dec 31/Jan 1, so if you have some items in your shipping cart on Dec 31, any you add on Jan 1 will show up in front of the first ones. I didn't think that this was a big enough issue to worry about.

If you add any labels manually though Click-n-Ship, they could wind up anywhere in the list, but if you generate all your labels through this contribution, they will remain in order in the cart, and will print in order.

--Glen

• 2 weeks later...

Ok two things, and the first might affect the other; i'm jsut silly and don't see it. I installed the latest USPS shipping labels (2.02), because I had 1.9e and that worked except for the date issue(which is why i updated). So i update and I accidentally ran the sql instructions twice(my mouse is a lil' too quick). Now I have dupes in my admin area, how do I get rid of them? Can I run the same sql commands but instead of insert, I can replace it with... remove or soemthing? I do NOT have access to PHPMyAdmin, so any dieas how to do it via console? All i did to run it was copy and paste the SQL file into console and hit enter, figure i cna do the same. thats the first issue... second:

So i'm testing to to make sure everything else is ok, and i click on USPS shipping label and everything seems to match up properly(even the date issue I had). I click continue and it says, "

We?re sorry! We were unable to process your request. Please correct the error(s) indicated below:" and i'm like, "what the heck? everythign is filled out?!" So i comb over it, and sure enough everything needed IS filled out, i click continue and get the same result, so I clear a whole field and then click continue and then it gives me the same error, but when I page down it shows all the fields that I have to enter(makes sense, thats what it should do). So then I thought, maybe I had to be signed in, all in all, nothing worked. I click continue and get no where... any ideas?

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

• 1 month later...

I found a small bug in the calculation of the order value; it breaks on amounts of $1000 and over, if you use commas as the thousands separator for display variables. This affects insurance on domestic orders, and the declared value for customs on international orders. Here is the fix:

At about line 49, change:

//Value of the contents
// Note: Value of Contents takes the first value of order_totals, which is usually the subtotal.
//	   If any other total modules are first, then you may have problems.
$contents_value = ceil(substr(strip_tags($order->totals[0]['text']),1));

to this:

//Value of the contents
$rqSubTotal = tep_db_query("SELECT value FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " WHERE orders_id = " . $oID . " AND class = 'ot_subtotal'");
$subTotal = tep_db_fetch_array($rqSubTotal);
$contents_value = ceil(number_format($subTotal['value'], 2,'.',''));

I deleted the comment about taking the first value, because this revision looks up the actual subtotal from the orders_total table.

--Glen

Thanks SteveDallas. Both modifications have been added to the latest revision:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1498

11/14/06 - v2.0.3 (both mods thanks to SteveDallas)

usps_ship.php - line 23 Replaced package ID equation to make packages show up in order at USPS

usps_ship.php - lines 49 -52 Replaced to retreive actual values since "it breaks on amounts of $1000 and over, if you use commas as the thousands separator"

Thanks SteveDallas. Both modifications have been added to the latest revision:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1498

11/14/06 - v2.0.3 (both mods thanks to SteveDallas)

usps_ship.php - line 23 Replaced package ID equation to make packages show up in order at USPS

usps_ship.php - lines 49 -52 Replaced to retreive actual values since "it breaks on amounts of $1000 and over, if you use commas as the thousands separator"

I download USPS shipping label 2.3, follow your instructions, update sql, upload files and include files. The form works beautifully. However, I got this error message from USPS, no matter I log in or not.

From this page; https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/labelInformation.do

Internal Error : CORBA TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK 0x0 No; nested exception is: org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: javax.transaction.TransactionRolledbackException: ; nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column DSRA0010E: SQL State = 23000, Error Code = 1,401 vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No

Error Tracking Number : 1163632631219

Can anyone help, please. Thank you in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
I download USPS shipping label 2.3, follow your instructions, update sql, upload files and include files. The form works beautifully. However, I got this error message from USPS, no matter I log in or not.

Internal Error : CORBA TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK 0x0 No; nested exception is: org.omg.CORBA.TRANSACTION_ROLLEDBACK: javax.transaction.TransactionRolledbackException: ; nested exception is: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column DSRA0010E: SQL State = 23000, Error Code = 1,401 vmcid: 0x0 minor code: 0 completed: No

I have the same issue. If I fill in the USPS shipping label form manually, then it works fine.

• 1 month later...
However, I got this error message from USPS, no matter I log in or not.

I have found that you can remove the reference number-- leave it blank and it will work correctly

• 4 weeks later...
I get the same error and I have removed the reference number. Anybody have any ideas what could be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

I believe the USPS is now actively trying to stop scripts like this. They are including a hidden value in the form that has to be handed back to their script before they will accept the input. That hidden value is generated by them and we can't recreate it. Somebody in another thread (or earlier in this one, don't remember exactly) said they got a message back from their support people saying as much.

I think this script is dead. Put a fork in it and start looking at DHL. They have a published XML standard for creating labels.

• 3 months later...

Getting the same error here. I tried Mozilla and Explorer, and also contacted another company using this contrib. Seems there needs to be a code change!

2dogrc

Hello,

It seems that with the USPS change the current code does not work. Once you go from the usps_shipping.php file to the USPS site you get this error on the site:https://sss-web.usps.com/cns/labelInformation.do

Internal Error : We've experienced an unexpected condition.

Error Tracking Number : 1179237699662

Any ideas?