osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS Labels not working

aldaffodil

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, same here. I've been trying to divine the order (zip, alpha by name, chronological) and none of them seem to be it. I think the USPS is just messing with us. Trying their best to get us to switch to DHL (or something else) and leave them alone.

installed this contirb with no isues whatsoever so far, EXCEPT.... none of the images are showing up! I tried chmod the images and thier directories... I triple checked the instructions... I just don't seem to understand why the images seem broken. Any ideas on how to fix this? I thought it might have been an upload error(binary instead of ascii, etc.) but that didn't make a lick of difference. Anyone else have this problem and solve it?

We must be the change we wish to see in the world.

------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. BACKUP!

installed this contirb with no isues whatsoever so far, EXCEPT.... none of the images are showing up! I tried chmod the images and thier directories... I triple checked the instructions... I just don't seem to understand why the images seem broken. Any ideas on how to fix this? I thought it might have been an upload error(binary instead of ascii, etc.) but that didn't make a lick of difference. Anyone else have this problem and solve it?

Did you put them in the right place? They should be in /catalog/admin/images/uspsimages/

--Glen

that was the first thing I checked. Yes, they are in the correct directory, and I viewed the images before I uploaded them(so I know they are not corrupt). I have image magick installe,d but even if I turn imagemagick off it doesn't affect the outcome, so thats not it either.

p.s. BACKUP!

i gave full access to them after trying all sorts of different combos. they are currently 777.....

AH-HA! after further investigation, i chmod the folder to 777, but not the actual images themselves. they are now set to 644 and are currently working. thanks a bunch guys.

Edited by jacenstuff

p.s. BACKUP!

Great contribution, but I got a funny problem: all my prouduct don't have the weight , but it will auto fill the weight fild. any idea???

Please help! Thanks a lot

Do you have a value in the tare weight setting? Its in Admin>Configuration>Shipping/Packaging

Tony Mazz

I've noticed that when I go to make a label, I click continue to to begin making my label(doing it one order at a time, have not tested batch option yet), I select when I want to send out my package(it's sunday night, so I selected monday as thats when i'll ship the package). I click continue and I get an error, I'm asked to enter required information(it never states the error, it's one of those unfilled form error things that you have to hunt for) so I comb over the form, everything is correct, except the shipping date I selected(monday) did not cross-over, it still says Sunday. So I correct then continue. Now my problem is, it should of been seamless and I should've went directly to viewing my shipping options(at least I think thats how the contrib works). How can I correct this hiccup... anyone come across this before? Or does anyone know the code well enough to give me some advice?

p.s. BACKUP!

I've noticed that when I go to make a label, I click continue to to begin making my label(doing it one order at a time, have not tested batch option yet), I select when I want to send out my package(it's sunday night, so I selected monday as thats when i'll ship the package). I click continue and I get an error, I'm asked to enter required information(it never states the error, it's one of those unfilled form error things that you have to hunt for) so I comb over the form, everything is correct, except the shipping date I selected(monday) did not cross-over, it still says Sunday. So I correct then continue. Now my problem is, it should of been seamless and I should've went directly to viewing my shipping options(at least I think thats how the contrib works). How can I correct this hiccup... anyone come across this before? Or does anyone know the code well enough to give me some advice?

Make sure you have the latest version, it corrected this issue.

Chech back a page or two..

Yeah, I noticed this problem. The values in the date drop down list used to be 0,1,2,&3. When they revised their system, they changed it to a value that is the actual date like "Friday 07/29/06"

I have been working on a new version from scratch that incorporates everything that has been done before.

Another thing I added was an configurable shipping cutoff time, so that when you are shipping at night it sets the ship date to the next day. I have used it for one day of shipments (4 packages) without any problems. It even skips the "unable to find services" page.

I may have a package ready to give out within a day or two (depending on how busy I am at my full time job).

I just recently updated my version before I came to the forum to report this(i figured it would solve my problem and I wouldn't have to bother anyone). I Also noticed that when I configure my own shipping address in Configuration-> shipping/packaging Besides typos in certain field definitions, There are repeated fields, I have two of everything to do with an address(street,city,zip,state). Which file do I mod to correct this and get rid of the doubles?

And just out of curiousity. Can anyone tell me if USPS gives a first class option through using this mod? I had first class selected, turns out to be the cheapest shipping rate, and my friend placed an order selecting this option, So i went to go make his shipping label and this shipping option was not listed in any way. I did a search through the site and foudn nothing, so I just took the option off my site, because now I gotta pay an additional 1.50 to ship this to my friend. Now 1.50 isn't much, especially for a friend, but over time it would've added up. Ok enough ranting, i'll let yall read the first couple of questions first :P

p.s. BACKUP!

I Also noticed that when I configure my own shipping address in Configuration-> shipping/packaging Besides typos in certain field definitions, There are repeated fields, I have two of everything to do with an address(street,city,zip,state). Which file do I mod to correct this and get rid of the doubles?

There is no file to modify. You have to go into the configuration table in the database and eliminate one set of the double entries there. Be sure to check the configuration_group table for the id (should be 7). The second set of entries are most likely on the last page in the configuration table.

Hope this helps.

Always Backup...Backup...Backup before making any changes.

I've got my version together. I took a fresh copy of the USPS page and added most of the configurations that have been added so far. I have cleaned up a lot of the code, renamed some variables to make sure there are no name problems, and other things.

So my version looks and behaves exacty like the usps website. All javascript for form checking and country changes are still in tact.

I've never released a contribution, and I'm not sure if I should release this as a revision or a new contribution. What are your thoughts?

Features:

Configure settings in the admin control panel.

Set whether to ship to the customers billing or shipping address.

Set a shipping cutoff time so that any labels done after that time are submitted with tomorrows ship date.

Set a "Ship from zip" so that you can drop off the packages at a different post office.

Set a weight override to disable weight calculations and make every package the same weight.

Create return pre-paid address labels by putting the store address in the delivery fields and the customers address in the return fields and sets the date for 3 days later.

Only send a package value for packages over a configuration value so that insurance is defaulted for those packages.

When using the "sign in" link in the top right, it sends you back to the custom for after sign in.

Adds a USPS shipping button to orders.php in the order info box only when USPS is their shipping method.

I've got my version together. I took a fresh copy of the USPS page and added most of the configurations that have been added so far. I have cleaned up a lot of the code, renamed some variables to make sure there are no name problems, and other things.

So my version looks and behaves exacty like the usps website. All javascript for form checking and country changes are still in tact.

I've never released a contribution, and I'm not sure if I should release this as a revision or a new contribution. What are your thoughts?

Features:

Configure settings in the admin control panel.

Set whether to ship to the customers billing or shipping address.

Set a shipping cutoff time so that any labels done after that time are submitted with tomorrows ship date.

Set a "Ship from zip" so that you can drop off the packages at a different post office.

Set a weight override to disable weight calculations and make every package the same weight.

Create return pre-paid address labels by putting the store address in the delivery fields and the customers address in the return fields and sets the date for 3 days later.

Only send a package value for packages over a configuration value so that insurance is defaulted for those packages.

When using the "sign in" link in the top right, it sends you back to the custom for after sign in.

Adds a USPS shipping button to orders.php in the order info box only when USPS is their shipping method.

braclark,

is it possible to support international shipping with your version of the USPS module?

thanks,

v

Ok, I have it so that all the needed values are in the form. The only thing that I'm having trouble is to have it select the country. Right now in my version, I have to select the country and click continue. I think I'll need to make a table of country names and values.

braclark,

is it possible to support international shipping with your version of the USPS module?

thanks,

v

Ok, I have it so that all the needed values are in the form. The only thing that I'm having trouble is to have it select the country. Right now in my version, I have to select the country and click continue. I think I'll need to make a table of country names and values.

Thanks for your efforts on this. I have been away & have not had any time to work on this. In reading on one of your prior posts regarding Contribution. My recommendation is this:

If you just are making changes to the existing scripts & the overall functionality remains the same = Revision (take it up to the next whole integar to show it is a major revision vs a small revision typically would be a decimal place)

When you release the International portion and after being tested by the community, you should then make it a new contribution since (especially since some folks won't be using the International).

That's my 2 cents. But most importantly to say thanks for your time & efferts. T...

Tony Mazz